Kids on Oceania

mfldclcruiser

picperfday,

Were you on the Marina Christmas cruise last year? I strongly recommended O to a good friend, an avid Seabourn cruiser, and he took that cruise. He will NEVER return to O because of the situation you described.

This discussion will end when cruisers are no longer annoyed by spoiled, selfish children and their parents.

I scrimped and saved to take my dream cruise. I spent one-third of my salary only to be annoyed by kids running up and down hallways after 11pm. I really got annoyed when I went into an elevator and had to stop at every floor because some kid pushed every button. I was completely annoyed when teens and young adults showed up to the GDR and specialty restaurants in short-shorts and sweat pants. And I was beyond annoyed when there was chaos poolside. Splashing and screaming did not meet my expectations.

If money talks, then I would bet seriously there is vastly more money willing to pay for a child free cruise than there is money for Griswold family vacation.

This is why private clubs flourish quietly. They protect their membership for a reliable experience. In a way Oceania has been focused on providing such a "country club" environment.

For the life of me I cant figgure the reason a parent would want to immerse their child in such an environment and forcing children to live and act like adults..... All while knowing the numerous other options available....it baffles me totaly.

A possibly profitable solution for Oceania would be to offer at least one long trans canal holiday cruise that starts before children are out of school and lasts into the beginning of January after the children must go back to classes, i.e. a cruise around three weeks long. That won't stop the pre-schoolers from being aboard, although most people who have pre-school age might not get enough vacation or have enough money for such a long cruise, so it would cut down on them. It would also help if Oceania would not offer financial incentives for thirds in cabins (or children) during the holiday period.

It would help to add several Caribbean ports like the A-B-C (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao) islands (all three maybe; they are close together, which will save fuel) and then to go all the way up to San Francisco, and to include only the most desirable and safest of the Mexican ports and Costa Rica.

All ships in Oceania's fleet can fit through the Panama Canal. :)

I'd book that cruise, especially if it's on an O-class ship, which we haven't tried yet! Anybody else?

A possibly profitable solution for Oceania would be to offer at least one long trans canal holiday cruise that starts before children are out of school and lasts into the beginning of January after the children must go back to classes, i.e. a cruise around three weeks long. That won't stop the pre-schoolers from being aboard, although most people who have pre-school age might not get enough vacation or have enough money for such a long cruise, so it would cut down on them. It would also help if Oceania would not offer financial incentives for thirds in cabins (or children) during the holiday period.

All ships in Oceania's fleet can fit through the Panama Canal. :)

I'd book that cruise, especially if it's on an O-class ship, which we haven't tried yet! Anybody else?

We'd book it on any Oceania ship..They seem to be more interested in the 7-10 day cruiser than in those of us who want long cruises..:rolleyes:

We'd book it on any Oceania ship..They seem to be more interested in the 7-10 day cruiser than in those of us who want long cruises..:rolleyes:

The 2012/2014 brochure shows no cruises under 10 days and many 16-21 days (not B2B's) if I remember correctly.

We have no idea how many other people who are not on CC took their money elsewhere

Yes money talks ...it also walks in other directions if not happy

The only cruise that is fully booked with a children's program is the July 12th others are still open

If you want to take your child on Oceania that is your choice

It is not for me to say where you should take your child

Lyn

I am one who opted out of Alaska when found out it was a kidlet cruise :-)

booking another line..

in regards to kids going..well that is your choice...but ...............

I wanted to add as much as I love the ships .. even this kid usually gets bored on Oceania ... :D

I am one who opted out of Alaska when found out it was a kidlet cruise :-)

booking another line..

in regards to kids going..well that is your choice...but ...............

I wanted to add as much as I love the ships .. even this kid usually gets bored on Oceania ... :D

I would also be one that would go elsewhere if they have a childrens program onboard

:D

This parent of a nine year old with 11 cruises under her own belt is looking forward to our Riviera cruise in February. Not every child needs to be constantly entertained by a mouse or a rock wall or even an iPad.

FDR did say they were not a child oriented line but he did NOT say that children were not welcome. My girl will love the cooking classes on board!

The classes are certainly not geared for a nine year old however the cooking demonstrations given by the chefs might be appropriate. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
The classes are certainly not geared for a nine year old however the cooking demonstrations given by the chefs might be appropriate. :confused:

We checked and behaved kids are absolutely welcomed to participate. With the success of several Food Network programs, younger and younger people are getting into cooking that goes beyond cookie make and cupcake decorating.

Hi Everyone,

As the question has been asked and answered, and resulted in a number of rude comments... I hope we can all agree this thread has run it's course, and is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Archived