Carnival Dining

katti michele

Hi all, I will be setting sail in a mere 55 days. We are scheduled for Late Dining. Is there a way to request a two-person table any way before we cruise, or is that something we need to do once we get on the ship? Would we have better luck getting one if we chose Anytime Dining? We were seated on the second level in a booth and they had two-tops lining the middle aisle. On our past cruise in September, we both just felt uncomfortable eating with strangers. It's just a personal preference for us. Any help is appreciated!

Anytime they have loads of two person tables. Carnival does not allow you to choose table size ahead of time, unless you are into asking for favors.. there is a way to email the maitre d' or ask John the blogger .. but why not do anytime.. thats what its set up to do, eat by yourselves and lots of two tops.

We always have late dining. On embarkation day there is a time set aside to visit the maitre d'. My husband's job is to go request a table for just our family of 3. We have never been denied. Anytime dining is also a good option, but we prefer to have the same waitstaff throughout our cruise.

Have a wonderful trip!

Prior to our September cruise on the Destiny, I emailed the maitre d' an drecieved an email back saying our request would be accommodated. Doesn't hurt to try and ask ahead of time, the more info they have on people's preferences, the easier it is to prepare.

Now, that being said, we plan on doing the Anytime Dining next time.

3 cruises, first cruise we dined in the MDR often. 2nd cruise only a few times, last cruise only twice. The experience just isnt worth it anymore for us. BUT.....EVERYTIME we dined, we requested a table for 3 ( we totally dislike sitting with others). And EVERYTIME we got it.

Hi all, I will be setting sail in a mere 55 days. We are scheduled for Late Dining. Is there a way to request a two-person table any way before we cruise, or is that something we need to do once we get on the ship? Would we have better luck getting one if we chose Anytime Dining? We were seated on the second level in a booth and they had two-tops lining the middle aisle. On our past cruise in September, we both just felt uncomfortable eating with strangers. It's just a personal preference for us. Any help is appreciated!

You can email the maitre'd and make this request before your cruise. Or on boarding day, you can go to the MDR and check what kind of table you have. If it is not a 2 top, there is a time in the afternoon (1.30) I think, when you can meet the the maitre d' in dining room and make the change. If you want to try Your Time Dining, ( show up in YTD dining room anytime between 5.45 and 9.30pm); then you need this confirmed though your booking agent, or though PVP before you sail. You cannot just show up at YTD dining room and get in, unless you are booked for it. Some people may have been lucky, but this is not the norm. I suggest, try and change to YTD, and if this is not available, email maitre,d and if no response, then head to MDR on embarkment day and request 2 person table. Hope it works out for you, and have a great cruise!:)

Archived