Fresh of the Boat (Carnival Splendor to be specific)

mtfrazier89

Is there a fee if you just want to use the exercise equipment?

everyone has to wear colored wristbands to confirm your access to the paid spa facilities. I saw alot of people without them in the gym so my first guess would be no the exercise equipment is included for everyone.

Couple of questions. You said for $50 EXTRA you got unlimited use of the Spa. We will be in a Spa Cabin on the Splendor in December and there is no added charge for complete use of the Spa. Confused.

Have ate at the Supper Club every cruise and the charge, $35 for the Splendor, is for the tips. Some people do add more. Confused. You said the $35 is not tip included. Has this changed since January?

Thanks for your review.

Couple of questions. You said for $50 EXTRA you got unlimited use of the Spa. We will be in a Spa Cabin on the Splendor in December and there is no added charge for complete use of the Spa. Confused.

If you have a spa cabin, then you have all spa privileges. The $50/day, $149/$249 per week is for people who aren't in Spa cabins, but want all of the spa privileges.

Have ate at the Supper Club every cruise and the charge, $35 for the Splendor, is for the tips. Some people do add more. Confused. You said the $35 is not tip included. Has this changed since January?

Thanks for your review.

Thanks for reading!

The 50/pp i described in my review was the cost per person to upgrade from standard interior to spa class interior on the carnival website at booking.

I cannot comment for sure if there has been a policy change however all receipts I had received up to that point had the price of the item and the posted gratuity separate. With the steakhouse receipt it showed no mandatory gratuity. The sommelier told me it contained no grat. So I tipped on top. If they think they got one over on me its fine because I would have gladly tipped on top either way! :o

If you have a spa cabin, then you have all spa privileges. The $50/day, $149/$249 per week is for people who aren't in Spa cabins, but want all of the spa privileges.

I also found out while on the ship that they limit the number of spa packages sold to non spa cabins to keep the spa facilities from becoming crowded.

Most checks show the included grat....the steakhouse one did not. I asked the head waiter and she confirmed that grat is not included. The servers do rotate between steakhouse and MDR so im sure they get some of the daily grat charged to your sail and sign however due to the quality of the experience I chose to tip 20%

Its nice that you tipped extra however the $35 does include the gratuity we have eaten there many times.

Thanks for the review. My husband and I are going on the Splendor in the next couple of weeks. Its our first cruise...EVER!! I've been reading reviews non-stop and its scary what some have to say. Lately there has been a lot of negativity and 1 star reviews. I've been getting worried about service and food and the money spent wondering if it was going to be worth it. My husband, is very kind but he expects good customer service, the same service he would give if the shoe was on the other foot.. so he's not above saying something when he's offended by bad service. (Its a little embarrassing at times:o) So it was a breath of fresh air to read your review... THANK YOU!! :D We're not stuffy people at all, we're young and enjoy an occasional drink or 10... hehe. But was definitely worried the service was going to be that of a disgruntled retail associate. ;)

You will love the Splendor that was my first cruise also and the one that hooked me now 18 cruises later i still love it. We have been on the Splendor 6 times and will return this Sunday. Enjoy!!!

When I was on Splendor three years ago I thought the ship was over air conditioned. Is it still that way (we had to go outside to warm up)?

BTW I saw you leave and return! Beautiful ship!

I personally like really cold 65-70 degree rooms so I didnt think so but I could see how some people might find it chilly. The contrast from the humid outer air can make it seem cold at first but I thought it was fine.

great review, I'm going on Oct 28 Halloween cruise-private charter,NO kids so the costumes will be "R" rated. the entire lido deck will be converted to a huge outdoor dance aera with lasers,strobes concert sound system.

[quote name='mtfrazier89']I was in cabin 1046. Although all spa cabins are identical...I did get pictures of the cabin. Send me your email and ill email you a few. I didnt get pics of the thermal suites out of concern for my cameras electronics. You can find pictures of them online I believe.[/QUOTE]

email-lbergan23 (and that is at yahoo.com).Just put cabin pics in subject line or I will delete without opening email.

Thanks!!

Archived