Help - What Terminal is Nieuw Amsterdam at?

WAPAVO

I will be arriving on the Allure at Terminal 18 on Nov 25. I will then board the Nieuw Amsterdam the same day. How do I get from terminal 18 to the

N.A. terminal and what terminal is it at? Is there a shuttle from terminal to terminal? Where can I hang out while waiting to board the N.A.?

I will be arriving on the Allure at Terminal 18 on Nov 25. I will then board the Nieuw Amsterdam the same day. How do I get from terminal 18 to the

N.A. terminal and what terminal is it at? Is there a shuttle from terminal to terminal? Where can I hang out while waiting to board the N.A.?

Here's a map of the primary Port Everglades cruise terminals. HAL's typical berth is Pier 26:

fort-lauderdale-cruise-port-map-large.jpg

Right now 4 terminals are to be updated over the next few months. I think terminal 26 is being worked on now -- not certain.

In any event -- there are no shuttles to take you from one pier to the other. You will have to take a taxi.

Most of the area is freight and you can not walk through those areas.

A taxi driver will know what pier the Nieuw Amsterdam will be birthed.

Don't tell the taxi driver that you are just going a few piers away until you and your luggage are loaded into the taxi. He won't be thrilled with the idea. We had to take a taxi from Pier 4 to the Midport Garage one time when our HAL ship had to dock at 4 instead of 26 when we came back into FT L. He was furious and refused to take our luggage out of the trunk until we gave him an extra $10 over and above the small sum on the meter. The porter had whispered to us not to say where we were going until we were in the taxi and the driver was behind the wheel or he would have refused to take us.

Don't tell the taxi driver that you are just going a few piers away until you and your luggage are loaded into the taxi. He won't be thrilled with the idea. We had to take a taxi from Pier 4 to the Midport Garage one time when our HAL ship had to dock at 4 instead of 26 when we came back into FT L. He was furious and refused to take our luggage out of the trunk until we gave him an extra $10 over and above the small sum on the meter. The porter had whispered to us not to say where we were going until we were in the taxi and the driver was behind the wheel or he would have refused to take us.

That is an incident which should have been reported. Their medallions require they take the passenger wherever they choose to go, with some exceptions.

I hope you filed a complaint so that would not continue to happen to other people.

But it is good advice about never telling the driver where you are going until you and your luggage are settled into the vehicle. We do that automatically, all the time.

No matter where we are and where we are going, until we are both seated we do not tell the driver our destination.

As the previously posted the Port Everglades terminals used by Carnival Corp brands are being upgraded. Whilst the upgrades are in progress HAL may be using different terminals than in the past.

The official port schedule shows the HAL ships using Piers 4 and 29 over the next week so it looks like Pier 26 is still being worked on. As they show the berth assignments for about 7 days in advance the Nieuw Amsterdam's berth should be showing up after tomorrow's update.

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

As the previously posted the Port Everglades terminals used by Carnival Corp brands are being upgraded. Whilst the upgrades are in progress HAL may be using different terminals than in the past.

The official port schedule shows the HAL ships using Piers 4 and 29 over the next week so it looks like Pier 26 is still being worked on. As they show the berth assignments for about 7 days in advance the Nieuw Amsterdam's berth should be showing up after tomorrow's update.

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

When the Statendam was in last week she used pier 4

Ft Lauderdale's taxi drivers don't even like it when people ask to be taken to a hotel near the pier area.

That happened to us many years ago and I did take down the Taxi's number and wrote a letter.

They are suppose to take all passengers to wherever they want to go -- but they are "mean" about it many times.

Ft Lauderdale's taxi drivers don't even like it when people ask to be taken to a hotel near the pier area.

That happened to us many years ago and I did take down the Taxi's number and wrote a letter.

They are suppose to take all passengers to wherever they want to go -- but they are "mean" about it many times.

The Fort Lauderdale cabbies are among the worst. You can file a complaint with the city. I often wonder how much good those complaints do.

Archived