So What Time Do I Need To Be In My Chair?

TravelGal22

I think what Carnival needs to observe from this is: bigger Serenity Decks.

Would they ever be big enough?

(Note there were always plenty of deck chairs in the 'low rent' districts...upper areas away from the pool with no restrictions on children!)

This is true, but you really don't see kids in these areas. They want to be where the pool is.

If there is nothing in a chair but a towel or an odd shoe etc. I just move it and plop my behind down. If someone comes up and says they were "using" the chair I just tell them the crew moved it.

So, you don't wait for 30-40 minutes to see if that chair is actually vacant before taking it over? You see it, it has stuff on it and you take the chair. What if that person just went to the bathroom or to get something to eat and was only gone for a few minutes? You can't just take ANY chair you want.

So, you don't wait for 30-40 minutes to see if that chair is actually vacant before taking it over? You see it, it has stuff on it and you take the chair. What if that person just went to the bathroom or to get something to eat and was only gone for a few minutes? You can't just take ANY chair you want.

A single flip-flop does not indicate that the chair is in use to me - a towel, beach bag, flipflops, a book, an assorted collection of items in other words indicates to me that a chair is "IN USE"

A single flip-flop means that the flip flop got tired of waiting for its other half and went to get some sun on its own.

A single flip-flop does not indicate that the chair is in use to me - a towel, beach bag, flipflops, a book, an assorted collection of items in other words indicates to me that a chair is "IN USE"

A single flip-flop means that the flip flop got tired of waiting for its other half and went to get some sun on its own.

Yup...same here. People who use a chair and want to go eat can either leave all their stuff indicating it is in use or give it up totally and come back later. If you are the kind who is paranoid that people will steal your stuff so you only leave a towel is planning on being away way too long.

:DBrenna's Mom, I mis-read your original post about just a towel or a single shoe. If I'm running to the bathroom or get food, you can bet all my stuff's still on my chair.

I think I actually had a dream about someone stealing my chair last night! I think I'm spending too much time reading threads about CHOGS.:D

I still like the idea of providing cubbies for those who want to just store their bag or whatever and enjoy the pool or hot tub.

I don't get up early to snag a chair in Serenity, I'm just naturally an early riser and am lucky to get a chair.

Also, if you are looking for a quiet type of Serenity you may actually have better luck going to a less populated deck with no canned music.

And another thing...some people say they have to leave their chair to get lunch, or just bring some back to their Serenity chair. Have any of you been able to partake of the boxed lunches passed out by the bar staff? Just wondering if that might be a good option.

Do you leave a shoe or towel in parking

spot at work when you go to get lunch

and expect it to be "saved"?

"Move your feet, lose your seat."

I never chime in on the chair saving threads because mostly, it doesn't affect me much. This one, irritates me though. I don't take a bunch of crap with me to the serenity deck or chairs. I take a towel and a kindle. When I go to get a drink or go the bathroom, the towel stays on my chair for 5 minutes while I'm gone. The kindle goes with me. If I come back after 5 minutes and someone has taken the chair... I'm going to be pretty aggravated. ;)

Archived