Internet Package Discounts for 2013

Millerhm01

Actually, I thnk we're talking about apples and oranges, here, although I'm not absolutely certain.

There has been an unlimited deal for the past few months, variously reported as $21 to $25 per day for the entire cruise.

There are also the traditional packages -- $200 minutes for $150, 1200 minutes for $600, and so forth (I don't remember them all). It is THESE packages, I believe, that are subject to the 20% discount if you are silver on the loyalty program (with greater discounts the higher you go, up to 50% for Diamond).

So, if by "discounted" you mean the unlimited deal, whatever is the current price is the price and there are no further discounts. However, if you are referring to the discounts on a package under the New loyalty program, that does not add an additional discount to the unlimited deal.

The reason I'm not 100% certain is because the person from Oceania who gave me a little advance notice of the new loyalty program was not certain when I asked him about it, but above is the way he explained it.

It was $21.99 a day for the unlimited use, if you booked it during the first 3 days of the cruise. There was also a $3.95 onetime setup fee. If you took the unlimited usage by the day, it was $26.99 a day. This was last month in the Riviera.

It was $21.99 a day for the unlimited use, if you booked it during the first 3 days of the cruise. There was also a $3.95 onetime setup fee. If you took the unlimited usage by the day, it was $26.99 a day. This was last month in the Riviera.

And just to be clear, a couple can share this, right? As long as they're not using it at the same time?

And just to be clear, a couple can share this, right? As long as they're not using it at the same time?

Yep, it can be used by every device you have, one at a time. Kindle, Nook, Android tablet, iPad, Ipod, iPhone, Android phone, laptop, even a desktop computer if you managed to pack one :D. Although seriously, the package can be used with the desktop computers in the computer room (but not at the same time as any of your personal devices). No one knows who's signing on, so a couple can share it, fine. If both want to be on line at the same time, either two packages or family counseling is available (just kidding).

If both want to be on line at the same time, either two packages or family counseling is available (just kidding).

I'll let you know how family counseling works when we return from the Riviera crossing on November 29 with just one package for Glen and I.

Cenia

Archived