what's that in the sea...

booboojoy

We picked up a raft full of cubans on the Carnival Conquest. Apparently they were trying to make the short ride from Cuba to Florida, the only problem was that our ship left from New Orleans and was sailing to Cozumel. As you can tell they were about 6-700 miles off course!

On NCL we were unable to stop in Ecuador, so we cruised out to sea for a day before going to Lima. One AM there were too HUGE pods of dolphins, one on each side of the ship. It was so unusual, the Capt. used the full speaker (In room and out) at 8AM to tell people to look at them. He said with over 80 years at sea experience the officers on the bridge had never seen anything like it!

Several years later we were at a party on another ship when I saw the same Capt. I mentioned wwe had been on the Crown that time, and he turned and told the other officers about the extraordinary event.

PS: The NCL Crown was the nicest (Most comfortable) ship we have been on. Six months later they moved it to the Orient line, then ack to be the smallest ship at NCL, then to somewhere else. Last I heard, it had been stretched a second time and was still at sea.

Archived