Shore excrusions are now up and running

dfishner

I am glad to see that the shore ex are now on line and the prices were a little high for some of the tours but found a couple I would book that I thought were reasonable. I did not see the Azamara evening posted yet. I also did see some night tours also(thank you Azamara for that) There are always things you wish they had offered but we will probaly do a couple from A and try and do some private tours.. As a first step it was not bad.

I am glad to see that the shore ex are now on line and the prices were a little high for some of the tours but found a couple I would book that I thought were reasonable. I did not see the Azamara evening posted yet. I also did see some night tours also(thank you Azamara for that) There are always things you wish they had offered but we will probaby do a couple from A and try and do some private tours.. As a first step it was not bad.

Hmmm..ours isn't posted yet...Maybe tomorrow. Glad you're basically satisfied. I rebooked to get the Choice Air credit plus my TA is now offering a huge OBC from her agency not offered when I originally booked with her..she got it for me so I'm far ahead of where I was yesterday. There has been some speculation here that if Azamara finds bookings down, they'll need to have sales to fill the beds. I'm not counting on getting a lower fare from them tho. My TA says that altho Azamara is now offering a $400 OBC for new bookings, for example, Az checks to be sure passengers don't cancel and then rebook, which is something I've done on each and every other cruise line I've taken.

Ours are now on for June 2013. I've only had a quick look so I don't know if they've added anything new compared with the ones I had already looked at for 2012. I can't yet see the Azmazing Event so there's no point booking anything until we know when/what that is. Bill, do you know when these will be uploaded?

I also couldn't download the PDF brochure - it just hangs (has anyone else managed to download it?) but I could see & book the excursions by 'Managing My Reservation'.

There had been one I was interested in: SO14 Village of Oia & Santorini Island Wine Tasting

When I checked it for a similar cruise departing Oct 2012, the price was displayed at 28.75 GBP (at 50% disount).

For our cruise in June 2013, the online system states "Starting from 57.50 (GBP) - Adult" i.e. at 100% of the 2012 price. When I try & book the price drops to 43.25 GBP which appears to be just under 25% discount.

I went into my booking for Nov 2, 2013, and it gives me the option to download a PDF of shore excursions for this cruise. This option ends up just showing a blank screen with AZA logo in the background. I was able to find excursions for many of the stops by selecting by individual days. At first look, there are a good number of excursions that sound interesting, and have me really looking forward to the itinerary. I can't yet comment on their value, without comparing to what could be done independently. There is definitely some work still needed on this part of he website, as available discounts aren't easily seen or explained so it is known that they are available. The search results show "Current Price: Starting From." This price appears to be the full price. If you click on "Show Details," it still shows "Current Price: Starting From." This still appears to be full price. However, if you scroll down to the actual booking piece, it shows a different price. For the few I checked, it was 75% of what it called the "Current Price." I wasn't able to find the date or details of the Azamazing Evening for this cruise.

Doug

It is such a shame that they can't get this right and make it such Hard Work. Even if you aren't intending to book any ship's excursions, just reading about them encourages you to visit the ports & maybe choose the cruise.

I just had a look at an Oceania Cruise similar to our Azamara one (their website works so much better!) and I can easily find all the excursions for the ports. I don't need a reservation to do so.

Pity that Larry chose not to respond on the questions about marketing.

Also, I cannot find ANY evening excursions for our 2013 cruise. They look just the same as the 2012 ones. Bill, are you able to tell us if all excursions will have been uploaded for a cruise or are there more to come? I realise the Azmazing Event isn't there yet but I thought that there were going to be some different excursions & some in the evenings?

I am still not able to see any shore excursions for my Quest sailings on March 14 and March 27. Thanks to Kennor, I did go to the Oceania website and found it to be very easy to use and I was able to read about the land excursions they offer even though I do not have a confirmed reservation. Azamara - you are missing the boat!

I don't have anything booked yet :( but have still tried to look at excursions; only ones I have been able to see are for the West Indies

if you go to book discoveries, you can view excursions for July and August 2013 cruises - go to: plan your voyage/book discoveries - then select book rather than download - download isn't available yet

if you go to book discoveries, you can view excursions for July and August 2013 cruises - go to: plan your voyage/book discoveries - then select book rather than download - download isn't available yet

It does have a few bugs. The July 24, 2013 Norwegian Fjords cruise has excursions for the August 7 Hamburg to London . . . but I've turned over a new leaf and I am now a positive person looking at the glass half full - I can figure out excursions for our August 7th cruise.

all mine are up for august and sept 2013.. many good ones and some just ok.

i will be looking at Port of Call boards for ideas and checking for private guides in major cities.. i felt the tour choices for Lisbon so/so while Seville looked great.

Just a quick heads-up for anyone looking for the listing of excursions. To access the information, you need to click on the "Book Land Discoveries" bar on the land discoveries page and will need to enter the reservation ID number.

I can understand the guest interest in excursions offered by the company and in excursion pricing for ports where there are few independent touring options. But just looking at the excursions for the particular cruise on which I am booked, I saw little that was special. For most of the ports in Europe, I suspect strongly that guests doing their homework can see much more at a much lower price by opting for an independent driver and guide.

And as noted previously, nothing yet has been listed for the special night event for our cruise.

Anybody know the reason? I selected the July 24th Quest Norwegian Fjords cruise several times, but I keep getting the excursions for the August 7th cruise?

Now working correctly so ignore

I am in the process of planning shore events and was wondering when the events will be revealed. I am afraid to book private excursions without knowing whats planned - times, port, etc. Can you help, Bill? Shore excursions for our trip in June ( Southhampton-Stockholm) 2013 seem very limited , so several private tours are possible.

Thanks.

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but I am confused. Is there any way to view the available shore excursions before you've booked? We are trying to decide between two 2013 cruises, and we would love to be able to see the excursion options first. (I did try the PDF option, which kept me hanging...)

Thanks! Looking forward to a second Azamara cruise!:)

Mary

(previous cruise: Rome-Athens, Oct. 2011)

I just found out that our Azamara evening is the Gilbrator Royal Regiment concert this is for the April 21 Quest cruise leaving from Seville. Not sure of the time yet but at least I know the Azamara tour is in Gilbrator so I can proceed to book my other tours.

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but I am confused. Is there any way to view the available shore excursions before you've booked? We are trying to decide between two 2013 cruises, and we would love to be able to see the excursion options first. (I did try the PDF option, which kept me hanging...)

Thanks! Looking forward to a second Azamara cruise!:)

Mary

(previous cruise: Rome-Athens, Oct. 2011)

I don't think so. Pretty annoying & once again pretty bad from a Marketing point of view. The PDF download did work until they uploaded the new excursions. :mad:

I just found out that our Azamara evening is the Gilbrator Royal Regiment concert this is for the April 21 Quest cruise leaving from Seville. Not sure of the time yet but at least I know the Azamara tour is in Gilbrator so I can proceed to book my other tours.

How did you find out? Is it in My Reservations yet?

I was able to call and get the dates for a number of cruises/events. One they could only tell me the port and that it was a wine event. The other they knew the hotel garden where it was being held, but not the details. Interesting for that port the departure time is 7:00PM, so it sounds more like an afternoon event rather than evening.

Had a look at the hours of operation and it closes 5-6pm so you will have it all to yourself:D

Sounds cool. Will be interesting to see how Amazara sets it apart from a touristy destination. Private show, dinner, etc. overall, I really think they are trying to set themselves apart from the

other cruise lines. I'm on board and hope others are too.

I was able to call and get the dates for a number of cruises/events. One they could only tell me the port and that it was a wine event. The other they knew the hotel garden where it was being held, but not the details. Interesting for that port the departure time is 7:00PM, so it sounds more like an afternoon event rather than evening.

Our ship leaves at 8PM so would think this would not really not be an evening event but more of a late afternoon thing, and to be honest seeing a marching band as the special Azamara event to me is a bit of a let down. I really was expecting more of a wow I am sure others will enjoy it but I have no interest in this and will stay on board and enjoy the ship. Jade want to trade events LOL.

Archived