should we cancel

stereo

My spouse and I are scheduled to sail on a S class ship in a few weeks.we are after final payment date and if we cancel we will lose dollars.we have read disturbing posts about the high cost of alcoholic drinks--the lack of trays at the buffet --the lowering of the quality of the food inthe MDR--which causes many to spend $80 or so to eat a satisfactory meal at a specialty venue. many have complaned that the tea assortment is not up to snuffand no kettle is allowed.accordingly--we will bring our own loose teas.and use hot water from theMDR guessing that the MDR only provides sodium chloride to sprinkle on their bland food we will bring an assortment of gourmet sea salts from France -Ireland and Italy. No review has discussed the quality of the butter that is served in the MDR. We assume that it is the dreadful supermarket stuff loaded with sodium chloride. Janet Napalitano did not answer my e-mail asking to bring Dry Ice on my flight to FCO.How else will we be able to keep our assortment of gourmet butters from France, Belgium, and Denmark from turning rancid.Would you cancel or tough it out?? Thanks for your help

I am thinking of cancelling too! I only eat Skippy Peanut Butter on my toast. Got answer they only serve some other Squirrely stuff

If one is looking for problems or a reason for discontent - they will find it and dwell upon it. :eek: We all run into issues on our cruises, however most of us write it off or just simply move on.:D We all have bigger problems to worry about, remember you are on vacation! You can't let petty things ruin you're experience. One's cruise experience cannot be negatively weighted by a few sub par experiences. :rolleyes: BTW, I have never had a bad meal in the MDR.:) Advise - Follow the GOLDEN RULE! However, if you do not feel your needs can't be meet due to your preconconceived notions and worries, it's probably best that one moves on to find someplace else to file their complaints.;)

We're in AQ again on our next sailing and I'm hoping that they have implemented their upgraded "toilet paper menu" otherwise I may have to consider cancelling as well. I would bring my own but why should I pay additional luggage fees for something so essential as fluffy 3 ply toilet paper. After these exorbitant prices that they charge for a cruise the least they can supply is luxury toilet paper. ;):rolleyes:

I know on the ultra premium lines that I pay twenty times the price of Celebrity, they have premium toilet paper. I don't know why Celebrity wouldn't. I may just have to write and complain to the CEO or get everyone to boycott the line.:p;)

Not ANOTHER thread about the butter! The butter used by Celebrity is perfectly fine, however, if you have specific butter needs, you may bring up to two pounds of any butter you choose, however, should you chose to consume it in your stateroom you will be charged a $10.00 "spreading fee".

Yes but only on embarkation.

Any Duty Free butter bought in ports will be taken off you when boarding if picked up by the Dairy Scanner and returned to you the final night off the cruise.

Ohh and you can call your room steward if you bring a self tanning booth aboard...he has a variety of adapters and specially designed sockets to assist in the electricity fluctuations and surges created by people bringing such items aboard so that only 3 or 4 cabins at most lose electrical power at any one time.

We're in AQ again on our next sailing and I'm hoping that they have implemented their upgraded "toilet paper menu" otherwise I may have to consider cancelling as well. I would bring my own but why should I pay additional luggage fees for something so essential as fluffy 3 ply toilet paper. After these exorbitant prices that they charge for a cruise the least they can supply is luxury toilet paper. ;):rolleyes:

I know on the ultra premium lines that I pay twenty times the price of Celebrity, they have premium toilet paper. I don't know why Celebrity wouldn't. I may just have to write and complain to the CEO or get everyone to boycott the line.:p;)

Make sure you write the letter on your fluffy 3 ply so they can see what you expect. You don't want them providing that shiny hard stuff they use in Europe!

My spouse and I are scheduled to sail on a S class ship in a few weeks.we are after final payment date and if we cancel we will lose dollars.we have read disturbing posts about the high cost of alcoholic drinks--the lack of trays at the buffet --the lowering of the quality of the food inthe MDR--which causes many to spend $80 or so to eat a satisfactory meal at a specialty venue. many have complaned that the tea assortment is not up to snuffand no kettle is allowed.accordingly--we will bring our own loose teas.and use hot water from theMDR guessing that the MDR only provides sodium chloride to sprinkle on their bland food we will bring an assortment of gourmet sea salts from France -Ireland and Italy. No review has discussed the quality of the butter that is served in the MDR. We assume that it is the dreadful supermarket stuff loaded with sodium chloride. Janet Napalitano did not answer my e-mail asking to bring Dry Ice on my flight to FCO.How else will we be able to keep our assortment of gourmet butters from France, Belgium, and Denmark from turning rancid.Would you cancel or tough it out?? Thanks for your help

I agree with Gonzo 70. You should cancel. Only I would do it the day of the cruise. Maybe you might consider bringing your own food on board and cooking in your cabin. I am sure the cruise line will loan you pots and pans.

Yes that's true, but there are good butter butlers, and better butter butlers.

Did you know - the competition is so great for the job, that there's a huge amount of churn. One other butler told me the hours were so extensive, that he was whipped at the end of the day. As he was a really sweet butter butler, I told him to stick with it, as the creme always rises to the top.

I heard about another butter butler that was a-salted on one of the islands, but I'd rather not spread any rumors, and stick to the facts.

Okay - since we don't have a "like" button on CC, I have to answer this for real. I had been off CC for a while, and now I remember why I get sucked back you...you people are hysterical...

Archived