Princess Balcony Staterooms

cruise_control

Greetings!

We are recent Carnival cruisers considering a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We like to travel with friends and usually get balcony staterooms next to each other so we can open the partitions to make one larger balcony. I haven't been able to determine if you can do this on Princess balcony rooms. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

When you book just make sure they cross reference both parties. Last week the upgrade fairy visited us and put our two rooms at opposite ends of the ship, but on the same deck. We called the next day and asked if there was anyway we could be side by side and not have it considered as an upgrade. No problem. We now have two rooms side by side that will connect on the balconies. :)

Greetings!

We are recent Carnival cruisers considering a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We like to travel with friends and usually get balcony staterooms next to each other so we can open the partitions to make one larger balcony. I haven't been able to determine if you can do this on Princess balcony rooms. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can as long as both cabins agree, also bring a bungee cord to hold the door open, as they will slam if the water gets choppy...

Greetings!

Thanks in advance.

Consider booking cabins on Caribe deck, the balconies are much larger.

Mike in CT

Yes, just ask your cabin steward and he will open the door up. Never needed a bungee cord to keep it open , even in roughish weather. Pushing a chair up against the door seems fine overnight.

As has been said, make sure you mark the cabins "no upgrade", so you can be sure you get the cabins together.

Greetings!

Thanks in advance.

The opening is only about 30 inches.

Our previous cruises have been on Carnival. We just booked on Island Princess for January 2014. The biggest difference between the balconies on the lines is Princess has both covered and non/partial covered balconies, as this link will show in the Island Princess:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id6.html

I can't find a comparable pic/link for Caribbean Princess. However I don't think they have as many "bump out" balconies.

Hope this helps :)

Archived