New Ship Names Found, Trademarks Filed

Disconnections

The new Carnival ships will be named Carnival Splash and Carnival Sunrise. Carnival has filed for these trademarks and was approved a few months ago.

You can see these filings on Page 6 (most recent) of Carnival Corporation's trademarks provided by Justia.

http://trademarks.justia.com/owners/carnival-corporation-188436/page6

Carnival Splash

http://trademarks.justia.com/854/33/carnival-splash-85433501.html

Carnival Sunrise

http://trademarks.justia.com/855/27/carnival-sunrise-85527094.html

Maybe those are names of new activities onboard? "Carnival Bingo" is on there too and I doubt that's a ship's name.

I can see a "Carnival Sunrise" program for the early birds...or the "Carnival Splash" for a new mixology competition? No? :confused:

Do they have to have a ship to assign the names to? Since only one ship announced today will be a Carnival ship...what about the other one mentioned in OP?

The new ship is going to be part of a new class. They could be making another ship for that class for the extra name.

It was my understanding that Splash and Sunrise would be the names of the re-built Victory and Triumph.

Has anything changed??

I don't think I'm a fan of renaming a ship just because of a major refurb. Are Victory and Triumph getting as extensive a refurb as Destiny/Sunshine?

Maybe those are names of new activities onboard? "Carnival Bingo" is on there too and I doubt that's a ship's name.

I can see a "Carnival Sunrise" program for the early birds...or the "Carnival Splash" for a new mixology competition? No? :confused:

Yeah, there was nothing in the linked docs saying anything about a ship name. "Splash" might be the name for a water park feature?

The description for Carnival Bingo actually says "Gaming equipment, namely, slot machines with or without video output; Gaming machines; Machines for playing games of chance…"

Ships say "Cruise Ship Services" as under the Breeze and all others. So, I would gather that Sunrise and Splash are names they are considering for new/refurb ships.

Wonder if anyone at Carnival has considered sea creature names?

Carnival: Starfish

Conch

Stingray (oh wait, that's a Corvette)

Whale

Shark ( this could actually be a class of ships, with names like Hammerhead, Tiger, Great White, etc.)

Dolphin

Porpoise

Crab (could be appropriate, especially for those that complain about everything)

Turtle (I know what you're thinking, but they swim a lot faster than they walk)

And this is just a sample list. There are a lot more possibilities, and just about any one of them would be better than stupid names like "Splash". For some odd reason, that makes me think of someone doing a cannonball into the pool. Maybe along with "Splash" there'll be one named "Ker-plunk":rolleyes:

Wonder if anyone at Carnival has considered sea creature names?

Carinval Turtle: The ship with chronic propulsion problems

Carnival Crab: Named after the disease most commonly found onboard

Carnival Conch: The ship named after a female part of the body in some countries

Carnival Porpoise: The ship with the name most often mispelled (Porpoise? Purpose? Porpose? Purple?)

Carnival Shark: Named after the agressive waiters trying to sell the drink of the day.

and just about any one of them would be better than stupid names like "Splash". For some odd reason, that makes me think of someone doing a cannonball into the pool.

I actually think THAT's what Carnival had in mind! Fun in the sun, getting wet, allowing yourself to be a bit silly on vacation. Fits well with Carnival's image....

Archived