Cruise Toes - which polish?

magandab

I'll probably go with red because it is safe! Part of me really wants to color outside the lines and go with gray. I'd love either one with the other used to put a design on, but I'm a major klutz!

Why not just take the polishes into a nail salon and have them just do a color change. I can't see it costing more than $10 or so and you will get professionally applied color with a lovely design.

Why not just take the polishes into a nail salon and have them just do a color change. I can't see it costing more than $10 or so and you will get professionally applied color with a lovely design.

I was thinking of doing exactly that! I was even thinking of red and gray diagonal stripes!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, have to put in a plug for Orly nail polish. I put the red on all my toes almost two weeks ago and it hasn't budged, chipped, worn or dulled. I was planning to bring the bottle with me on my cruise for touchups, but it appears I won't need to bother. I will take this off and put a fresh polish on just before we leave and I should be good to go.

If you really want to go outside the box you could do what I just did - black with a white and silver design. I am a total klutz, can't paint them without color everywhere and then they chip within days. If I go to the salon, they do them where it doesn't ship or fade for weeks. And in case you are wondering, no, my fingernails are more traditional - french with a little red line done in gel polish that keeps me from messing them up for three weeks. Go with what you like. Between the two, I like the red. :)

Good Morning Amy!

Your Okie friend definately says RED. I tried a silver/grayish polish on my fingernails and my husband hated it. And he NEVER says anything about my makeup etc. SO I knew it must be really bad.:p I think the red will compliment your outfits better and go with everything else:)

Donna

Good Morning Amy!

Your Okie friend definately says RED. I tried a silver/grayish polish on my fingernails and my husband hated it. And he NEVER says anything about my makeup etc. SO I knew it must be really bad.:p I think the red will compliment your outfits better and go with everything else:)

Donna

Donna, my DH would feel the same way. I am traveling with my mom this time and if it was with DH, I'd never have even considered the gray. I've decided on the red for one simple reason. When I look at it on my toes, it makes me happy!

Wow, have to put in a plug for Orly nail polish. I put the red on all my toes almost two weeks ago and it hasn't budged, chipped, worn or dulled. I was planning to bring the bottle with me on my cruise for touchups, but it appears I won't need to bother. I will take this off and put a fresh polish on just before we leave and I should be good to go.

My new thing is to get a pedicure with gel polish before a vacation (usually in classic red). With regular polish, I somehow manage to chip my toes on the first day! The gel polish is pretty indestructible and lasts until I go back to the salon to have it removed.

Donna, my DH would feel the same way. I am traveling with my mom this time and if it was with DH, I'd never have even considered the gray. I've decided on the red for one simple reason. When I look at it on my toes, it makes me happy!

Amy, I agree, red is a very happy colour.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you're going to change your polish during the cruise, I would also consider what color you like to show your fun/funky side out in the sun. My new favorite summer colors are OPI's Cajun Shrimp and A Good Man-darin is Hard to Fine. These two colors are somewhere between a coral and an orangey-red. They are fun and look good on a lot of different skin colors.

Regardless of what any of us recommend, wear the color that makes you happy.....and you'll be stunning!

Archived