Livorno train station--where is it?

sueswny

I'm going to be on an Oceania cruise that stops in Livorno. I am thinking of taking the train into Florence. Can anyone tell me how far the train station is from the cruise port? Walking distance? If not, will a taxi be easy to get?

I'm going to be on an Oceania cruise that stops in Livorno. I am thinking of taking the train into Florence. Can anyone tell me how far the train station is from the cruise port? Walking distance? If not, will a taxi be easy to get?

Have a look at this web site. http://www.mediterranean-cruise-ports-easy.com/Florence-Italy.html it tells you all you need to know.

It is defently not a walk. Need to get shuttle into town then a bus. The web site explains it all.

As to whether or not you can walk, the answer is 'it depends'. I was just in Florence yesterday on a small ship. From where we docked, we could easily have walked to the area where you can catch the bus to the train station. (I'm on a small ship and we docked near the ferries; there was an Oceania ship nearby. The huge Carnival Breeze was in a completely different part of the port.)

Unfortunately, we didn't realize exactly where we were. The Info Point at the end of the pier were no help either....and there were no taxis to be seen. We walked a couple of blocks to the place where the dock seemed to give way to more of a business area, went into a cafe and asked them to call a taxi for us, which we then took to the station. As I said, had we known, we could've walked another 3-4 blocks and gotten a bus.

Where we docked you were not allowed to walk out of the port on your own. You either had to take a taxi (lined up right there waiting) or the ship's shuttle (which brought you into the main part of town). We took a taxi, as it was much quicker and we wanted to catch the first train out. It took about 10 minutes to get to the train station. It cost 25 Euros per taxi and they fit 6 people. The ship's shuttle cost $10 (roundtrip), and then you would have to take the bus to the train station from the drop off point.

• 4 weeks later...

It's both a long distance ( guessing 2 or 3 miles) plus can't walk in port area itself.

In Ma our boat (Thomson Dream) docked in Livorno port.

We used the ship's shuttle bus to central square in downtown Livorno then walked a few steps to catch a local bus that took us to the train station, may sound complicated but really wasn't

Archived