The MSC cruise website is horrible

smokey haze

Well I found out there is a Chrome app for IPads but you need iOS 5 and I evidently don't have that (whatever it is!)

UK site is still not working. It would have been interesting tonsee if I could have gotten onto it with Chrome

Edited by AmoMondo

Well I found out there is a Chrome app for IPads but you need iOS 5 and I evidently don't have that (whatever it is!)

UK site is still not working. It would have been interesting tonsee if I could have gotten onto it with Chrome

Which iPad do you have? (1,2,new?)

Tried the site as well but no luck!

Papcx ... did you get your tickets yet ?

A radical new approach from MSC. No website, no bad feedback!

No tickets yet, but was given coach options from TA today, so tomorrow or Thursday I reckon. Not too worried anyway, I've had it confirmed my MSC that my booking is confirmed and web check-in completed, so all is good in the world.

10 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes!

Well, they have changed the website and it seems to be working much better now. I was able to get most of the way through before I chickened out and got charged.

However, the Divina is not available the week we wanted it (2/15/14) and apparently goes missing at the end of March :(, knuckleheads.

I really want to be an MSC fanboy but they just won't let me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Following on the the programme of continuous degradation, the ability to book or even obtain prices for different categories of cabin appears to have been removed from the MSC website.

Now, I would have thought that such a measure would have a seriously negative impact on sales. Perhaps I just don't understand their sales model?

Probably not, probably just trying to get too high tech with it before its ready.

On my upcoming cruise on NCL, I absolutely hate their website right now, too many graphics not running correctly, finding what you want very hard.

Last time I sailed with them I thought it was the easiest one to navigate

Now, I hate to log on to NCL

I'm getting that very annoying Doremi message too saying the server is down. Maybe they are making more changes to itineraries? Perhaps the Lirica? Then again pax won't be avoiding the 7 nighters over the winter in the Gulf in the same way as they are shying away from Egypt. Real shame too as Egypt most definitely needs tourism for their economy and yet the Red Sea Resort area does not have the unrest.

I'm getting that very annoying Doremi message too saying the server is down. Maybe they are making more changes to itineraries? Perhaps the Lirica? Then again pax won't be avoiding the 7 nighters over the winter in the Gulf in the same way as they are shying away from Egypt. Real shame too as Egypt most definitely needs tourism for their economy and yet the Red Sea Resort area does not have the unrest.

Like I said elsewhere Amo the Red Sea cruises were really cheap - £300 for seven nights.

MSC would have planned to make their money off excursions to Cairo, Abu Simel, Luxor etc. None of these can go ahead as travel internally is not advised (Easyjet are offering refunds on Luxor flights and Nile cruises are cancelled left right and centre)

Clearly they didn't want to run half empty ships at a loss with no way of making extra cash (Allegrissimo at £18 is I suspect a loss maker too) so that's probably the real reason for the cancellation.

I can't see them selling loads of Canaries cruises but the chance to sell tours is greater.

You should be able to upgrade for free, I've got OS 6.1.3 on my ipadii

Go to: setting: general: software update

It should tell you what version then you can update if you wish

You should be able to upgrade for free, I've got OS 6.1.3 on my ipadii

Go to: setting: general: software update

It should tell you what version then you can update if you wish

My IPad One doesn't support the OS5 or above. When they released mini and three they made one obsolete.

My Mini is fine and has 6.1.3 which is the latest one as you say.

'Glad we are all still happy bunnies then.

Would you care to estimate what percentage of profit to MSC's current poor IT operation costs?

I would have thought most normal people would give up immediately when confronted with multiple website errors and non-functioning aspects.

Hence we are all the more interesting people for putting up with it ...

Edited by Skipper Tim

'Glad we are all still happy bunnies then.

Would you care to estimate what percentage of profit to MSC's current poor IT operation costs?

I would have thought most normal people would give up immediately when confronted with multiple website errors and non-functioning aspects.

Hence we are all the more interesting people for putting up with it ...

I did mention to Mr Vago that I'd have never booked my second MSC cruise after trying the website. It's an abomination of ecommerce failure and it hurts my brain.

The next one I'll let the travel agent do all the work......

moomoocow .... Even letting the TA do the work you still have to log in to print stuff out and order stuff! ... :(

At the minute it is a lose, lose situation, more people required in the cellar i think.