The MSC cruise website is horrible

smokey haze

Ditto! I have my own domain name so I can make up as many email addresses as need be. I made one up especially for MSC (msc@...) and it is only by this that I am able to see 'My Reservations'!

I really think we should form an independent think tank for the MSC website. We could issue rational critiques once per month and report on progress, if any. They would pay thousands to professionals to do this, but won't. So we could get together at our own expense every so often as an independent panel and issue a report until the job is done. What do you think?

Tim.

I'd rather start up a drink tank. Only 10 months till the first meeting!

Haven't tried communicating with them via FB, may try that in future. They are fine by phone for making bookings (although I'd much rather do it online, given the retracted phone hours) or by email. Getting to know a lot of them in the London Office like Nadia, Staurt, Lee and Rachel. Poor Stuartbwill probably eventually regret offering his assistance on helping sorting out the ever growing number of us on the Armonia roll call.....

Can anyone in the USA complete a booking on the website ?

I have tried for 2 weeks and it keeps giving me an internal server error when you actually hit the book button.

In the UK you get a page missing error at the final payment stage but it does make the booking. Be careful that you don't book the same cruise repeatedly!

This thread must be a thorn in the side of MSC - going since October 2012 and never far from the top of the MSC 'charts' on Cruise Critics with over 7,000 hits and counting. I can't help but smile each time it reappears.

With multiple reports of double bookings because of a page-missing error at the crucial payment confirmation stage, MSC really ought to get their website fixed as a matter of urgency.

Tim .... The end of the year is a matter of urgency surely you know that ... :D

I thought the booking issue was restricted to the UK web site. I thought well, there are probably so few UK customers we don't really matter and will probably grin and bear it in the best British tradition. However, to hear exactly the same issue in the U.S. indicates that the issue may be global, but certainly affecting a much larger and more demanding market, and therefore is much more serious.

I experienced the issue on each of five separate bookings made between 27th and 29th March - that is two months ago! It is inexcusable that such a serious fault is allowed to continue. Heads should roll, outsourcing contracts should be signed. But nothing. In some ways it is endearing in this day and age, in others you can't help think that MSC must be losing a lot of business unnecessarily.

I again emailed MSC to try & find the price of the bottles of wine just in case i can't save up for the allegrissimo this time , thankfully Tim has done it for them i have now converted the $ to the £ so i now have the prices for the wine vouchers (if i'm broke ) the cheers package ( i have a bit more money ) & the allegrissimo ( i'm a happy bunny) :D

I can't believe it. Yesterday I was actually able to book a cruise for March 2014 on the MSC website (MSC Italy). Everything worked as it was supposed to, discounts, cabin selection, personal info, etc. At the end I selected to finalize the booking with my TA and received the reservation number by email from MSC. Later when I went to the TA, they had already received an email with all of my data. We confirmed the booking and I paid the deposit. For a website that has always had hiccups if it worked at all, I was simply amazed (as well as pleased).

That is amazing Chuck. Let's hope they get the other countries websites sorted to the same standard.

So see you are doing the Sinfonia repo from Cape Town. I think you'll enjoy the ship. Despite being one of the old ladies of the fleet (now that the Melody has gone) she is in really good condition. Loved my week on her last week. The South African repo is an enjoyable one as well. Look lout for some of the prepaid spa packages. I know you like your massages and some of the

Packages include unlimited use of the thermal area and the Sinfonia has a fairly unique and beautiful one.

Thanks Mairi. I plan on emailing you maybe in the fall for your advice on some specific questions. There will be eleven sea days and only six port calls between Capetown and Civitavecchia. I hope to enjoy both the ship and the cruise as you did. The spa packages will definitely be checked out!

I plan to fly down early for three-four days of pre-cruise in Capetown. Too bad for me you had your stay instead in Durban because I remember how you enjoyed the hotel you had there.

Edited by Capricruiser

Thanks Mairi. I plan on emailing you maybe in the fall for your advice on some specific questions. There will be eleven sea days and only six port calls between Capetown and Civitavecchia. I hope to enjoy both the ship and the cruise as you did. The spa packages will definitely be checked out!

I plan to fly down early for three-four days of pre-cruise in Capetown. Too bad for me you had your stay instead in Durban because I remember how you enjoyed the hotel you had there.

Yes, definitely email me, I'll be happy to help in any way I can. My Durban hotel was fantastic but I would've rather had the time in Cape Town, it's just so much nicer. Have you decided on what area to stay in?

thought I'd log in to see if I've got all my additional MSC Club points from my last cruise but the site just won't load at all. Don't know if it's down for maintenance or I've just hit a temporary outage this evening?

thought I'd log in to see if I've got all my additional MSC Club points from my last cruise but the site just won't load at all. Don't know if it's down for maintenance or I've just hit a temporary outage this evening?

Me too. Tried to see if my MSC club points had hit yet. Can't even load the index page!

I can look at every other countries web site but not the UKs.

Me too. Tried to see if my MSC club points had hit yet. Can't even load the index page!

I can look at every other countries web site but not the UKs.

Ah, so its not just me then!

Well if it actually results in them fixing the most annoying of the current bugs, I'd be happy for it to be down for a few days. The pessimist in me, thinks that's not going to happen though and we are just goingnto get a few tweaks that will result in a different set of issues.

In the UK you get a page missing error at the final payment stage but it does make the booking. Be careful that you don't book the same cruise repeatedly!

That happened to me :) - 1 week after trying to book a cruise, I had given up and then an email confirmation came through.

I then checked my credit card statement - and multiple debits - but fair play - they sorted it out very quickly.

Annie