Can entertainers say they will be working a cruise? How early do they know?

EdmPair

I was just listening to a fave musician who I happened to hear live last week. Harry Manx in this case but I like many artists and don't know if my question has or would apply to him.

So here is the question. If a musician takes a private booking for a cruise ship, how far ahead do they know? Is it early enough I could consider that cruise just to hear that music? The possibility exists, the artist does know well ahead but can not say. You see many artist booking schedule with just 'private function' on numerous days. Are there limits on such disclosure??

TIA, M

Most music or other specialty cruises have to be booked through a specific travel agency.

If you know someone who has been on such a cruise, ask them who to contact. Or, go to the performers website...there should be info on there if a "group" cruise is upcoming.

A friend of mine does a juggling act on cruise ships and he generally knows well in advance what his schedule is going to be. He knew last Spring that he'd be doing Alaska all summer and on which ships, for instance.

Time to Google.........

Most all entertainers have a website or even just a facebook page where they list upcoming performances, also contact information to email your favorite singer

We have a favorite entertainer also, we sent compliments about him to NCL and I follow his schedule

Since you were "Listening to him" - if you have a CD, check the CD for website or email information

As someone mentioned, many entertainers who do these cruises where they perform at "private functions" are doing so in conjunction with a special "theme cruise." The promotional cruise needs to be booked using a specific travel agent.

Ironically, the first cruise I took was prompted by hearing that my favorite local band was doing something like this. They handed out flyers which instructed fans to book through a specific TA. The cruise included some private events, just for fans of the band. I think there were also some other perks involved, like a band T-shirt. This was not a nationally known band that would necessitate chartering an entire cruise to accommodate 2,500 fans. It was an event which benefited the band, the TA and the cruise line by cross-advertising.

We ended up taking the cruise...but a week later!! The cost of the band-sponsored cruise (a 4-day) was considerably MORE than booking the alternate 5-day cruise on the same ship! We could see the local band any time! There was no need to pay a premium to book the cruise, just because they would be on it.

I guess the cross-marketing effort paid off ONLY for the cruise line in our case!! We booked two rooms, and probably would not have taken the trip at all had the band announcement not got us thinking about it.

Much as I thought. I am hearing, in summary, the contracts are set up months ahead but longer for specialty cruises. Also, nosy has heard of non-disclosure clauses.

I have many fave bands. I track some. If you sign up for every newsletter, you would never have time to work to save then money for the next cruise. :-)

Archived