Category W -suite or deluxe stateroom? on Jewel, please explain

Can someone explain what an addition of class W is. It showed up in my price alert under Junior Suite. On that site, you have two categories JS and W. Then on the RCI site when searching the suites, it shows up as a deluxe stateroom guarantee W. I'm already in a deluxe balcony. If this is a true JS, it may be worth the money especially for the triple December points. But, I just don't get why it doesn't say suite guarantee on the website.

Can someone explain what an addition of class W is. It showed up in my price alert under Junior Suite. On that site, you have two categories JS and W. Then on the RCI site when searching the suites, it shows up as a deluxe stateroom guarantee W. I'm already in a deluxe balcony. If this is a true JS, it may be worth the money especially for the triple December points. But, I just don't get why it doesn't say suite guarantee on the website.
I believe W means a JS or better.

The "W" is a suite guarantee, JS or better. Royal's text description of this category has always been confusing in my opinion. If you look at the description, there is usually a square footage that applies to a JS.

Thanks. I called, they can only book it for 2 persons. we have three in our booking now. bummer. They say those W don't come up too often and they only had one available.

Thanks. I called, they can only book it for 2 persons. we have three in our booking now. bummer. They say those W don't come up too often and they only had one available.

That's true, they don't come up often, though it seems I've read about them showing up more on Oasis/Allure than other ships. We've been able to do a "W" 3 times, and got a JS twice and a GS once.

Guarantee categories are almost always only bookable for two.

Too bad it will not work for the three of you. I have paid to upgrade to "W" three times. The first time on Jewel TA, I was assigned a JS. The second time on Liberty TA, I was assigned a GS. The third time on my upcoming Oasis cruise, I was assigned a crown loft. Needless to say, "W" category has been great for me. Many thanks to Royal Caribbean!

I'll pay more attention to that for future cruises as its usually just my daughter and I sailing, but not this time and I'll keep watching the regular JS prices.

How do you search for category 'W' on a range of cruises ???

Thanks

Thanks

Good question, I don't know if a way to do it using Royal's website. I wonder if the customer service reps can do it with their system?

Thanks

I do not know of a way to do that. For it to be a deal, it would be the lowest price in the "suite" category; I think you can search by suite prices on some sites. I would not pay more for a "W" than to select my own JS cabin (because you may well end up with the least desirable JS).

Each time I have had a "W", the category appeared after final payment. Booked in a lower category, I saw it while watching for deals on better categories. If the price was right, I called and paid the difference to upgrade to "W". I have heard of "W" before final payment, but I suspect that is rare.

Archived