Celebrity Reflection - Nov 1, 2013

Schplinky

Don't know if this makes me a hedonist or a masochist, but I just finalized booking and flights for the DECEMBER 1 (this year) Rome to Fort Lauderdale sailing on Celebrity Silhouette. This will be my 6th Celebrity cruise this calendar year! YAAY!

Actually I do have a (admittedly lame) reason...there are some dear friends aboard who I am going to surprise ...I'm not telling them until we're onboard...(this is second time I've done this surprise...also did it on their June Alaska cruise).

Looking forward to seeing everyone and safe travels to you all!!

Randy

Good evening... I'm currently in transit to JFK for our flight to Rome. We depart at 10 PM. Best wishes to all for safe and on-time travel.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Hi Walter - do you have a stopover somwhere? I see nothing leaving at 10 JFK-FCO direct - or do you mean the Alitalia at 9:40?

Bon voyage - see you soon :D

Edited by jb_yvr

Don't know if this makes me a hedonist or a masochist, but I just finalized booking and flights for the DECEMBER 1 (this year) Rome to Fort Lauderdale sailing on Celebrity Silhouette. This will be my 6th Celebrity cruise this calendar year! YAAY!

Actually I do have a (admittedly lame) reason...there are some dear friends aboard who I am going to surprise ...I'm not telling them until we're onboard...(this is second time I've done this surprise...also did it on their June Alaska cruise).

Looking forward to seeing everyone and safe travels to you all!!

Randy

Wow Randy - that sounds wonderful. We did 6 cruises in one year once - it took me a lot of gym time to try and fix that :)

Hopefully your friends don't read this or they will have to act surprised :)

Wow Randy - that sounds wonderful. We did 6 cruises in one year once - it took me a lot of gym time to try and fix that :)

Hopefully your friends don't read this or they will have to act surprised :)

Don't think that there is too much danger that they will read the G&L roll calls. And I'm not even sure they are on Cruise Critic. They are a great straight couple I met on a Panama Canal cruise about 4 years ago. Managed to completely surprise them on their June Alaska cruise...I just had a bottle of wine waiting in their stateroom with a note that said "Guess who is onboard!"

Hi Walter - do you have a stopover somwhere? I see nothing leaving at 10 JFK-FCO direct - or do you mean the Alitalia at 9:40?

Bon voyage - see you soon :D

Yes, Alitalia at 9:40.

I was feeling very jealous of all of you who are getting to go early until around noon yesterday. I sort of hit the wall with all of the commotion that is getting enough work off your Desk to feel that you can leave for three weeks. I am wiped out, exhausted and very, very grateful for nothing tomorrow but lazing around and then packing Sunday morning for the flight Sunday night!

Arrived safely in Taormina Friday afternoon after a few jittery moments of possible lost luggage. Luggage was misplaced in the baggage area but found before panic set in. Weather is beautiful here in Sicily as it is forecasts to be all week. Today is going to be total relaxation after travel.

See you all on the Reflection.

In Rome now just off the Jade cruise and looking forward to seeing all of you. Don't know where I heard about it first--maybe one of you mentioned it on the boards, but there is a gay restaurant named Edoardo II near Piazza Venezia which gets fairly good reviews on Trip Advisor. If anyone is interested in checking it out this week let me know. If you enter " Rome Edoardo" in the search section of Trip Advisor it should pop up.

Craig

Howdy...

We arrived at FCO about 45 minutes early today (11:30 AM), but took an hour to get the baggage off the carousel. Made it through customs and boarded the local train by 1:30 PM. Was at the apartment by 2:15. It's just now sinking in that I an on vacation. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Walter

We arrived Saturday morning at 6:30 (an hour early) and even though our luggage came off the carousel sooner than is the norm for Rome, we had to wait an hour for our driver (he was so cute)and then an hour for our landlady, who was running late. Oh yeah, there was a bad traffic accident on the autostrada, and traffic was at a standstill—at the airport on ramp. Beautiful summer-like weather forecast in Rome all week. The gelato is as good as remembered. Love being in Trastevere. Looking forward to meeting you all. Safe travels everyone!

I was feeling very jealous of all of you who are getting to go early until around noon yesterday. I sort of hit the wall with all of the commotion that is getting enough work off your Desk to feel that you can leave for three weeks. I am wiped out, exhausted and very, very grateful for nothing tomorrow but lazing around and then packing Sunday morning for the flight Sunday night!

Your time will come, my son!

In Rome now just off the Jade cruise and looking forward to seeing all of you. Don't know where I heard about it first--maybe one of you mentioned it on the boards, but there is a gay restaurant named Edoardo II near Piazza Venezia which gets fairly good reviews on Trip Advisor. If anyone is interested in checking it out this week let me know. If you enter " Rome Edoardo" in the search section of Trip Advisor it should pop up.

Craig

I think it was me, Craig, who mentioned Edoardo II, but I totally forgot about it. Everywhere we walked in Trastevere yesterday, people were eating on the streets and in the piazzas. It all looked so nice. Let's see what we can do.

Looks like we are the next to take flight. Still haven't put a think in a suit case and we fly at six thirty tonight to Frankfurt and then on to Rome tomorrow morning. Oddly, my only wish is that our overnight flight were longer so I'd have a better shot at substantial sleep. At only 7.5 hours it will be tough to get sleep since they will serve two full meals and the flight is likely to be early. I won't eat the breakfast but it seems the commotion of serving it is too hard for me to sleep through if past experience is anything to go on. Definitely a first world problem.

Edited by Schplinky

Looks like we are the next to take flight. Still haven't put a think in a suit case and we fly at six thirty tonight to Frankfurt and then on to Rome tomorrow morning. Oddly, my only wish is that our overnight flight were longer so I'd have a better shot at substantial sleep. At only 7.5 hours it will be tough to get sleep since they will serve two full meals and the flight is likely to be early. I won't eat the breakfast but it seems the commotion of serving it is too hard for me to sleep through if past experience is anything to go on. Definitely a first world problem.

So we are packed and ready, didn't get any Euro's though, we will have to get that in Heathrow, I'm sure that will be possible. Just one more day at work, tomorrow, and then of we go, at 21:45 out of Atlanta, a few hours in London and Rome here we come.

Can't wait to meet everybody on this sight......!

Kim.:):):)

So we are packed and ready, didn't get any Euro's though, we will have to get that in Heathrow, I'm sure that will be possible. Just one more day at work, tomorrow, and then of we go, at 21:45 out of Atlanta, a few hours in London and Rome here we come.

Can't wait to meet everybody on this sight......!

Kim.:):):)

Hi - we leave at 21:45 tomorrow as well - just West Coast time - so I think we will have to turn off the lights - I think we are the last ones leaving! :eek:

We have a rather tight connection in LHR on BA to Rome at 16:10 and with the way our inbound flight has been going over the past few days it is kind of nail biting.

Hope you guys have a lovely flight.

Jonathan

we are still in Austria leave thurs morning for Rome, you all have had long and harrowing flights to get to Rome , we in turn will have a one and a half hour flight and will arrive rested and ready to go to the apple store to investigate the new ipad air which will hopefully be avaialble in MIami when we det there.

Spent last weekend in Venice for a family gathering and ipad stolen out of hotel room, hence the new one. Our turn for long flight back after spending 10 days in Sunny Isles after the TA.

will be stressing till we leAVE, am so ready for this trip after eight months of selling and buying a home which we took over the keys yesterday, handymen all lined up for renovations on our return, had to sign a POA for our lawyer to continue with the payments and regitering of property whilst we on vacation.:) phew talk about the eleventh hour!!!!

you all enjoy Rome with all its wonderful historic sights and not to forget the food, the people can be a touch rude and short, happens all over though where there are milions of tourists, had the pleasure of living there for 2yrs in one stretch, also have a brother and extended fam living there which we visit ocassionaly.

just shout if it should be I turn of the lights;)

we are still in Austria leave thurs morning for Rome, you all have had long and harrowing flights to get to Rome , we in turn will have a one and a half hour flight and will arrive rested and ready to go to the apple store to investigate the new ipad air which will hopefully be avaialble in MIami when we det there.

Spent last weekend in Venice for a family gathering and ipad stolen out of hotel room, hence the new one. Our turn for long flight back after spending 10 days in Sunny Isles after the TA.

will be stressing till we leAVE, am so ready for this trip after eight months of selling and buying a home which we took over the keys yesterday, handymen all lined up for renovations on our return, had to sign a POA for our lawyer to continue with the payments and regitering of property whilst we on vacation.:) phew talk about the eleventh hour!!!!

you all enjoy Rome with all its wonderful historic sights and not to forget the food, the people can be a touch rude and short, happens all over though where there are milions of tourists, had the pleasure of living there for 2yrs in one stretch, also have a brother and extended fam living there which we visit ocassionaly.

just shout if it should be I turn of the lights;)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your iPad. The Air is supposed to be available in the retail stores on Friday, so you should be able to purchase one. The weather has been beautiful in Rome, but the city is much more crowded with tourists than we remember from previous visits. It is a pleasure to escape back to Trastevere, which, while very busy, is mostly all friendly Italians, who do smile at us and have been very welcoming (as they have been in the past).have a safe flight and we'll see you on the ship!

Bart

Ian/Franz

Looking forward to meeting you two at Sail-away or the Qsine dinner. Weather here has been lovely, food is great, people have been mostly pleasant, no problems with crime (knock on wood). I cannot believe your iPad was stolen from hotel room. I'd file a complaint with the hotel, then a claim with your insurance company. Safe travels.

Walter

P.S. Here is the weather.

a8ysynu6.jpg

Made it to Rome...my hotel (h10 Roma Citta) is much nicer than I expected...only one minor disaster, managed to spill a full glass of red wine all over my (tan colored) pants about 1/4 way into the longhaul from Seattle to Frankfurt...and naturally had no clothes in my carry on...LOL...otherwise things went smoothly.

Look forward to meeting everyone!!

Ciao bella!

Randy :D

hey there all we are staying over at afriends in vienna tonite and he is taking us to the airtpot in the am, my holiday just started 5 mins ago, no more cooking cleaning shopping driving working, roll on cabin made up twice a day food 24/7 which i dont have to hunt kill skin and cook, no drying down the shower, dont have to drive a car am being ferried over the ocean with somrone else in charge for a change, roll on veg time.

thnks for the cool weather pic walter we have been having an extraordinary warm oct for central europe, yes did the whole police thing and have put in a claim.

bart glad you can see past the negatives that plague italy and that you still enjoy Bella Italia we too look forward to meeting al you interesting folk, if you you happen to stumble over me lying prostrate on the deck :eek:please be kind to me and inform franz where to pick me up, cannot gaurantee will be standing much on this trip.

see you at sailaway

We finally made it to Rome in the middle of the night after a 4 hour delay and missing our initial connection and only just making the rebooked one thanks to chaos in LHR security area in spite of having Fast track.

So for Wednesday we literally saw about 5 minutes of sun through the plane window.

Our luggage did not it make it so we must now waste several hours of our only day in Rome and $40 per person to go back to FCO to go pick it up because hotel delivery could only happen tonight as in nearly 24 hours later !!!!!!

Jonathan

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jonathan et al,

Sorry to hear about all the difficulties of your travel. We are glad to hear that you are safely now in Italy. I hope you all are able to make the best of the time you do have here. Looking forward to seeing on board.

Walter

I do hope that your luggage has arrived. What a pain!

We have really enjoyed our time in Rome. Being in the area of the pantheon has worked out well for us. It is a bit like Times Square, in good and bad ways. Still, having the ability to walk anywhere in the city so easily has been wonderful. Our trip to Capri was amazing and I have never in my life been on a train going to hundred and 285 km an hour at nighttime. My ears actually popped.

Today is a shopping day for us. We're circling back and picking up the things we've been admiring as we walked past. Will see some of you this evening for dinner, if my stomach doesn't burst before then, and will see the rest of you tomorrow on board.

Franz, I will be kind to you if I find you passed out somewhere only if you promise the same for a Canadian who likes to guzzle just a bit too much