Celebrity Reflection - Nov 1, 2013

Schplinky

There are new specialty restaurant packages on Reflection. If you book 5, you save 30%.

Yes, this is true and what a great value! We already have 2 complimentary passes from our booking, but will probably visit all of them and return to some an extra time.

I've never dined in Blu before so really looking forward to this treat.

Walter

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Yes, this is true and what a great value! We already have 2 complimentary passes from our booking, but will probably visit all of them and return to some an extra time.

I've never dined in Blu before so really looking forward to this treat.

Walter

You'll like it. It's also a great place for breakfast, since there's less hub-bub than the main dining room. Very quiet and clubby.

You'll like it. It's also a great place for breakfast, since there's less hub-bub than the main dining room. Very quiet and clubby.

Since this is my first time on a Solstice class ship, I will be dining in every venue. With all the time at sea, there will be plenty of time for repeat visits to the places I like the most!

Since this is my first time on a Solstice class ship, I will be dining in every venue. With all the time at sea, there will be plenty of time for repeat visits to the places I like the most!

Good plan. We did lunch in the MDR and it was better than dinner, which gets quite loud. Our great secret for Sosltice class is lunch in Bistro on Five the boarding day. A great meal with plenty of space, while everyone else lugs their carry-ons around the buffet.

Good plan. We did lunch in the MDR and it was better than dinner, which gets quite loud. Our great secret for Sosltice class is lunch in Bistro on Five the boarding day. A great meal with plenty of space, while everyone else lugs their carry-ons around the buffet.

Iain and I met several guys (one single, one couple) from Vancouver on our RCCL trip in November 2012. We became friends and chose to book with them for this trip on Celebrity. They will arrive at the board later this year when they are ready to start planning their trip. We all will have Select Time dining. The other guys are not in Aqua class, but we will dine with them occassionally when we are not dining in Blu or a specialty restaurant. I expect we will choose to dine with them in the MDR a couple of times as well.

I will definitely keep your suggestion handy regarding the "Bistro on Five" option. We always drop everything with the porters so we don't have to carry much as we eat lunch, explore the ship, and wait for rooms to open up.

Out of curiousity, how many cruises have you two done? Are they mostly on Celebrity? Do you have a favorite cruise line or type of ship? This upcoming cruise will be the 4th that Iain and I have done on Celebrity. I tend to prefer Celebrity over the other cruise lines we have been on, but our experience in a Haven suite on the NCL Pearl was quite wonderful as well.

Walter

Iain and I met several guys (one single, one couple) from Vancouver on our RCCL trip in November 2012. We became friends and chose to book with them for this trip on Celebrity. They will arrive at the board later this year when they are ready to start planning their trip. We all will have Select Time dining. The other guys are not in Aqua class, but we will dine with them occassionally when we are not dining in Blu or a specialty restaurant. I expect we will choose to dine with them in the MDR a couple of times as well.

I will definitely keep your suggestion handy regarding the "Bistro on Five" option. We always drop everything with the porters so we don't have to carry much as we eat lunch, explore the ship, and wait for rooms to open up.

Out of curiousity, how many cruises have you two done? Are they mostly on Celebrity? Do you have a favorite cruise line or type of ship? This upcoming cruise will be the 4th that Iain and I have done on Celebrity. I tend to prefer Celebrity over the other cruise lines we have been on, but our experience in a Haven suite on the NCL Pearl was quite wonderful as well.

Walter

We've been on a couple dozen (I can't believe that as i type it). We like Celebrity and RCL best, depending on what we're looking for out of the vacation.

You can see our pictures at

cruisenotebook.com

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, guys.

My partner Ted and I are on this cruise. It will be our second TA, we went the first time on the Solstice, November 28th, 2011, and loved it.

We had a whole group of 20+ gay guys in the Martini Bar, every night.

We had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

We will be in Aqua, and would love to find some people to dine with, in Blu, our favorite restaurant on the sea.

We plan on spending 1 or 2 nights in Rome, prior to the cruise.

See you guys on board.

Welcome aboard! I haven't checked this roll call in a while and guessed I missed you. I'm Bart and my partner Bob and I were also on the Solstice November 2011 TA (and in the Martini Bar evenings). So we've probably met. We're in AQ, too and love Blu. We've rented an apartment for six nights in Rome prior to the cruise. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hello and welcome to the roll call. My partner Iain and I are also in Aqua class as well. We have sailed Celebrity many times but this is our first Solstice class ship. This will really be a treat for us. Looking forward to meeting you all.... Either at Blu or Martini Bar, or both. lol

Welcome Walter and Iain! Looking forward to meeting you all. looks like we're going to have a group in Blu! BTW, our regular roll call is getting pretty active. Check it out.

Hey all, from Palm Springs. A beautiful evening and a mellow night at the hotel. PS is very quiet. Our thirty room hotel seem to have three occupied rooms, at the moment.

Have a great time in Tahiti, Guys—and take lots of photos!

To Schplinky and sdbart

Hey! Sorry that I've been so distant from the boards. I've been fighting off a cold since Friday and putting in extra hours at work for several weeks now. I keep up with the reading, but not much time to do research or ask questions. The Nov trip is my big trip this year and it cannot get hear soon enough for me. It will be fun to finally meet in Rome or on the ship. Iain and i are planning for 5-6 days in Rome pre-cruise. I look forward to hearing about the Tahiti trip someday.

Walter

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

We just booked this cruise today, alone with two others! We sail on the reflection on March 2 in Aqua Suite so it should be good.

Looking forward to many sea days to rest and relax and get to know many of you! :o

Hello and welcome to the westbound TA. Looks like you will be very familiar with the ship since you will be on this spring. I'd be interested to hear more about your experience when you return as I am booked in an Aqua class suite for November. Also, I see you are from Toronto. I spend a fair amount of time there as my partner lives there. I will be up the first weekend of March. Looking forward to the cruise.

Walter

Hi, guys.

My partner Ted and I are on this cruise. It will be our second TA, we went the first time on the Solstice, November 28th, 2011, and loved it.

We had a whole group of 20+ gay guys in the Martini Bar, every night.

We had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

We will be in Aqua, and would love to find some people to dine with, in Blu, our favorite restaurant on the sea.

We plan on spending 1 or 2 nights in Rome, prior to the cruise.

See you guys on board.

Zentah

Thought I'd take a few moments to say hi. This will be the 2nd TA for my partner and I. We took one last year on Royal Caribbean and really wanted to have another long trip and have a few more sea days. We will be in Rome for 6 days prior to the cruise. By the way, I have family in GA and travel through Atlanta when I go to visit. I finally noticed your friend request and accepted. Looking forward to the Martini and Molecular bars. Anyone planning to do an inclusive beverage package?

Walter

Hello All. We are planning on booking this cruise tomorrow. We are Mike and David of Raleigh, NC. Also booking Aqua. This will be our 3rd TA. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mike and David, welcome to this cruise thread and to the ship. I think that everyone posting here so far is booked in Aqua. I'm sure our paths will cross. Looking forward to getting to know you while on board.

Walter

Hey guys,

We just booked this cruise today, alone with two others! We sail on the reflection on March 2 in Aqua Suite so it should be good.

Looking forward to many sea days to rest and relax and get to know many of you! :o

Hey guys we were on the November 2011 Solstice TA also. Don't think we met though. We will definitely have to change that this time around!

sounds great guys, looking forward to meeting you all.

Mike and David we met last year and have developed a great friendship with,

Walter, I look forward to meeting you as well! Be nice to meet sometime in Toronto too.

Looks like its shaping up to be a good cruise so far

Hi all.

Herbert and Uwe from Munich also joining. We have been hooked on Aqua since the first time we did it.

See you there,

Herbert

Hi Herbert and Uwe, welcome to the board and to the cruise. Many of us here are in Aqua class. It's my first time on a Solstice class ship and in Aqua and looking forward to all the new experiences I'll have on this new ship.

Walter

Hi Herbert and Uwe, welcome to the board and to the cruise. Many of us here are in Aqua class. It's my first time on a Solstice class ship and in Aqua and looking forward to all the new experiences I'll have on this new ship.

Walter

Another welcome to Herbert and Uwe. We met another Uwe on our last TA (he was from Lohr am Main in Bavaria). We, too, love Blu. Walter, you'll find lots to do on this class of ship. I liked all the out of the way places to discover. We quickly found a few favorite spots.

Looks like a great group building. Welcome to the newcomers!

Welcome back! Sounds like you had an amazing cruise. I hope you are able to bring your pictures in November so you can tell us all about the trip. It has been a dream of mine to see the south pacific.

Walter

Another welcome to Herbert and Uwe. We met another Uwe on our last TA (he was from Lohr am Main in Bavaria). We, too, love Blu. Walter, you'll find lots to do on this class of ship. I liked all the out of the way places to discover. We quickly found a few favorite spots.

Bart, I'm sure I'll learn plenty more from folks like you before we board the ship. It will be 19 months since our last Celebrity cruise by the time we board the Reflection. Hands down, it's been my favorite cruise line to vacation on. Looking forward to meeting all the folks here and prolonging my birthday celebration.

Walter