Celebrity Reflection - Nov 1, 2013

Schplinky

I have no idea where the LGBT meetings were SUPPOSED to held, but someone on the gay roll call suggested the Martini Bar, and people just showed up there. Someone also must have complained to someone, because a few days later, the notice started appearing in the daily bulletin, which is apparently unheard of. No one was forced to go, but a lot of the men who were in Blu, just started the evening in the Martini Bar.

I'm sure we will, too. I just plan to "drink around" a bit.

Anyone visiting Rome for the first time. I've been there only once and it was a whirl. A 5-hour walking tour excursion that just FLEW past.

Yes! It will a first for Iain and myself. We plan to arrive on Saturday, 26-October, and rent an apartment in Trastevere for the week.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I am also booked on the Reflection TA crossing on Nov 01. 2013. I am spending a week in Malta prior to the cruise then two days in Italy. This will be my 10th TA crossing. I love crossings as it gives me time to explore the ship and get lots of R&R. I'm in the midst of packing for my Eastbound TA on RCCLs Liberty of the Seas, going to Barcelona. This will be my first Eastbound. I am not too crazy about having to fly home. I'm from Australia, but live in Virginia. Hubby does not do the TAs, he won't leave home for more than 7 days. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Nov 01. :)

I am also booked on the Reflection TA crossing on Nov 01. 2013. I am spending a week in Malta prior to the cruise then two days in Italy. This will be my 10th TA crossing. I love crossings as it gives me time to explore the ship and get lots of R&R. I'm in the midst of packing for my Eastbound TA on RCCLs Liberty of the Seas, going to Barcelona. This will be my first Eastbound. I am not too crazy about having to fly home. I'm from Australia, but live in Virginia. Hubby does not do the TAs, he won't leave home for more than 7 days. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Nov 01. :)

Happy Sunday morning from Philadelphia and welcome aboard!

Walter

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

Sorry it took me so long to give you guys an update on the Reflection.

We just got back from a caribbean cruise on the Reflection. The ship is beautiful. She is one deck more then the other solstice ships, the spa area is COMPLETELY different with a different layout. The men's change room is the same size (small) the sauna is a bit bigger and they have changed it a bit, adding a seat and small little change area beside it. The spa reception is quite a walk from the gym and change rooms, there are two hallways, one goes direct to the gym/saunas/persian gardens and the other hall goes straight to the spa.

Blu has not changed in size, but they have added more tables, service was great depending what section you were in.... No real change on any of the restaurants. Deck 15 now has outdoor restaurant the lawn grill, its on some of the other ships as well, but we had never dined there until this cruise. It was GREAT.

We stayed in the aqua suites, they were GREAT. Lots of room, its a stateroom and a half. So lots of storage and the bathroom has a tub. you get the butler and you get the Bulgari soaps and lotions and shampoo, which is much better then the regular aqua class.

They had FOD meeting at 10:15pm at Molecular bar:eek:, by monday WE were all meeting at the martini bar at 7pm.

We met some great guys that are going to join us on this T/A cruise as well!

Its going to be a great cruise, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys!:D

Hey guys,

We just got back from a caribbean cruise on the Reflection. The ship is beautiful. She is one deck more then the other solstice ships, the spa area is COMPLETELY different with a different layout. The men's change room is the same size (small) the sauna is a bit bigger and they have changed it a bit, adding a seat and small little change area beside it. The spa reception is quite a walk from the gym and change rooms, there are two hallways, one goes direct to the gym/saunas/persian gardens and the other hall goes straight to the spa.

Blu has not changed in size, but they have added more tables, service was great depending what section you were in.... No real change on any of the restaurants. Deck 15 now has outdoor restaurant the lawn grill, its on some of the other ships as well, but we had never dined there until this cruise. It was GREAT.

We stayed in the aqua suites, they were GREAT. Lots of room, its a stateroom and a half. So lots of storage and the bathroom has a tub. you get the butler and you get the Bulgari soaps and lotions and shampoo, which is much better then the regular aqua class.

They had FOD meeting at 10:15pm at Molecular bar:eek:, by monday WE were all meeting at the martini bar at 7pm.

Sounds great. On our last cruise, they scheduled them for the Molecular Bar as well and people shifted it to the wine and martini bars. I like the molecular bar but it does seem under-used so maybe they were trying to shore it up.

Your descriptions make me want to head to the airport now and wait!

Hey guys,

Glad you enjoyed the cruise! Like Lee, we're really looking forward to the TA. On the solstice last year, the GLBT gatherings were in the Martini Bar at 7:00 PM. Since so many of us will be in Blu, we'll be able to drift off to dinner at our own pace. BTW, which sections of Blu had the best service? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

On our last cruise, they scheduled them for the Molecular Bar as well and people shifted it to the wine and martini bars.

When they were held at the Molecular Bar, at least you knew who was a part of the "Friends". The Martini Bar, being more crowded with other passengers, was sometimes a crap shoot as to who was there for the gathering, and who was just having a drink with their brother-in law. (hee-hee)

That reminds me of a funny incident on our Brilliance of the Seas cruise. Lee and I strolled into the Champagne Bar and chit-chatted with the two very flamboyant, bartenders for a while. The next day, we showed up again, this time with our two single female friends we were traveling with. Then we showed up later just the two of us again. The bartenders came over and asked us what the the hell was going on, they thought we were the husbands fooling around together while the wives were back in the room.

Mike

When they were held at the Molecular Bar, at least you knew who was a part of the "Friends". The Martini Bar, being more crowded with other passengers, was sometimes a crap shoot as to who was there for the gathering, and who was just having a drink with their brother-in law. (hee-hee)

That reminds me of a funny incident on our Brilliance of the Seas cruise. Lee and I strolled into the Champagne Bar and chit-chatted with the two very flamboyant, bartenders for a while. The next day, we showed up again, this time with our two single female friends we were traveling with. Then we showed up later just the two of us again. The bartenders came over and asked us what the the hell was going on, they thought we were the husbands fooling around together while the wives were back in the room.

Mike

You should have gone along and told them you were fooling-around husbands. ;-) On the Solstice, the gay contingent basically monopolized the Crush area of the Martini Bar, the first alcove by the windows and all the seating along the rail of the Atrium. So basically, the entire forward half of the area was gay and "friends." It was pretty easy to tell who was who. Depending on the U.S. Supreme Court rulings in June, there may be a whole lot of celebrating on our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All. We are planning on booking this cruise tomorrow. We are Mike and David of Raleigh, NC. Also booking Aqua. This will be our 3rd TA. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

We can't wait to meeting you guys, maybe dinner together in Blu..?

Hi guys

We just vacated 1614 (moved to 1618). Both have larger than average balconies so if any of you wanted more balcony for your Aqua Class dollar, you should ask your travel agent to move you.

I'll be posting this on the main board in a day or two.

Lee

We're staying the night but still haven't settled for sure on a place.

I went ahead and booked our one night. We will be staying at the Blue Moon Hotel located at 944 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139. Iain and I have been to Miami several times and we particular enjoy being so close to the beach on Ocean Drive.

Walter

• 2 weeks later...
Good plan. Speaking of plans, what do folks have on for Rome? All our plans seem to centre on just wandering around, eating and napping.

Those sound like good plans to me! Are you and Mike still going to Naples? We're having dinner at Dar Poetas (neapolitan-style, as opposed to Roman-style pizza) with two of the couples from the main roll call one evening and all are welcome to join us. We're also planning to do a 4-hour twilight walking/eating/wine tour of Trastevere with EatingItaly http://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/. But there's also nothing better than sitting in a small piazza with a cold Peroni beer watching the Roman world go by.

Is it advisable to book our hotels this early for Rome? I assume so but havent done it yet. Kim (Zentha) are looking in the Pantheon area and wondered if anyone had recommendations.

As far as plans in Rome, I think we arrive on Wednesday and plan to see the sites since Kim hasnt been there before, and of course find lots of good food! We loved our couple of nights in Barcelona before the last TA and really found some gems for great food!

We are in that area and have indeed booked. Unlike a comparable city in the U.S., I have the impression that Rome has a thousand hotels but most of them are very small. The good places will fill up. We booked the Albergo del Senato but it was a big splurge for us (the honeymoon factor) but there are others in the area that are more reasonable.