LIVE - Caribbean Princess Nov. 2, 2012 not the Oct 31

compozer

granny,
I am so sorry to hear that you are still without power. There is not much on the news - it is back to the political stuff so we don't turn it on. I suppose we will later to hear the results.

cruiserfromcanada.
we never go up there. To tell the truth none of the appetizers sounded very good and the drink specials aren't my favorite.
Here are some:

guacamole with tortilla chips - El Mejor Margarita

smoked salmon with toast points, capers and lemon - chairman of the board

assorted sushi with soy sauce, wasabi and picked ginger- Japanese slipper

half wheel of Stilton w/port wine & walnut baguette- House Ruby Port

[quote name='compozer']...
I went up to the buffet to look into the milk question. I could not find any cartons anyplace. There was one thermos marked milk. Everyplace we go, it is warm. I had Belgium waffles this am and wanted skim milk but when he brought it, it was so warm that I couldn’t drink it. I asked our waiter if they had a cow in the kitchen for milk and he said that they leave the milk out because not many people ask for it to drink (this was in Sabitini’s) and the milk is for coffee and people complain if they give them cold milk because it would cool down their coffee. He did say he would keep the cow in the fridge for me.
...[/QUOTE]

LOL - thanks! :D

Tom

[quote name='compozer']granny,
cruiserfromcanada.
we never go up there. To tell the truth none of the appetizers sounded very good and the drink specials aren't my favorite.
Here are some:

half wheel of Stilton w/port wine & walnut baguette- House Ruby Port[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list...did you get an invite in your room? How did you get the list?

Here is the rest of the list:

Herb marinated goat’s cheese with crisp rosemary flatbread and tomato bruschetta – brezza marina

Smoked salmon with toast points, capers and lemon - chivas regal rob roy

Shrimp fountain with American cocktail sauce – cosmopolitan

I had a cosmo the other day and they aren’t like the ones back home. We have gotten a card in our cabin (suite) every time that lists the complete week. I would think elite’s and platinum people also get it.

Forgot - yes it did rain hard yesterday just after 12 but for only a half hour. We came back to the ship to get beach towels and it poured just as we were ready to go back out. Our jeep did not have a top so it was wet inside but we had fun running thru the deep puddles in the road – the pot hole roads – they are terrible

cruiserfromcanada.

Here are some:

half wheel of Stilton w/port wine & walnut baguette- House Ruby Port

We like to go up and enjoy the view, and sometimes we will nibble. The exception to this is when they have the Stilton cheese with the port. It is insanely good. When we were on the Boston Cruise last week, I asked if they were having that and they said that they only offer it on the longer cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We rented a jeep and toured around the island. Spent a lot of time at the lighthouse. I wanted to go diving but left my PADI card at home. Not really a lot to seee. There is still a lot of damaged buildings. Don’t know my history here so not sure when it all happened. Then we spent a couple hours by the pool at Margaritiville and enjoyed a couple beers. We walked the beach right off the pier before heading back to the ship.

We had a couple gin and tonics back at the boat, then showered and had some wine while we waited for our Balcony dinner to arrive. They brought us cocktails. I tried the Dirty Banana and it was good but don’t know if I’d order it again. Next was some champagne – I haven’t drank that much for years! The food was delicious. The lobster was so sweet but the best was the dessert. Our waiters were wonderful and so attentive. The food was delayed for some reason and someone sent down a huge plate of chocolate covered strawberries. We made they guys come out and sit with us while we ate and had a great time laughing and joking around with them. The supervisor stopped down and apologized for the delay and sent another bottle of champagne.

It was a perfect evening until 12:30 when the alarms went off – MAN – are they loud. It just kept going and going that it hurt my ears and I thought “if we are in trouble, why aren’t we stopped?” and I didn’t know what to wear – shorts, swimsuit, or bluejeans? Mike woke up for a minute and said it was nothing and then went right back to sleep. I could have shot him. IT WAS NOTHING. In the morning I heard someone say that someone came on and said everything was ok but I don’t remember it. GEE – try to go back to sleep after that and then not feeling the best – I think I drank way too much – never again will I mix that much stuff together! I only heard part of the announcement this am apologizing for it and saying they were trying to figure out what happened. I guess the crew was running like mad because the long alarm is for them. And Mike doesn’t even remember any of it. Maybe someone else has heard what caused it - a slip of the hand?

I went up to the buffet to look into the milk question. I could not find any cartons anyplace. There was one thermos marked milk. Everyplace we go, it is warm. I had Belgium waffles this am and wanted skim milk but when he brought it, it was so warm that I couldn’t drink it. I asked our waiter if they had a cow in the kitchen for milk and he said that they leave the milk out because not many people ask for it to drink (this was in Sabitini’s) and the milk is for coffee and people complain if they give them cold milk because it would cool down their coffee. He did say he would keep the cow in the fridge for me.

We had a wonderful dinner at Sabitini's and plan to go back tomorrow night. Their nightly pastas are wonderful. We also wanted to do the Crown Grill again but the head waiter said they are booked up for the rest of the cruise.

The officers are:

Mariano Manfuso – Captain

Mauizio Di Prete – Staff Captain

Alessandro Sciafani – Chief Engineer

Martin Bristow – Hotel General Manager

Neil Roberts – Cruise Director

Leonard Coetzee – Senior Doctor

Ferdinando Vinelli – Food and Beverage Manager

Sandro Merello – Customer Services Director

Leonardo Minerva – Staff Engineer Officer

Fillippo Simioli – Staff Electro – Technical Officer

David Heggie – Executive Housekepper

Antonio Cereda – Executive Chef

Jose De Amaral Florencio – Maitre d’Hotel

We have had a quiet day. Sat on our balcony for a while and then went to the pool. It was so hot that I did have to have a gin and tonic. I may have to go to rehab when we get home.

Thank-you for the list :)! I'm so enjoying your thread!

We like to go up and enjoy the view, and sometimes we will nibble. The exception to this is when they have the Stilton cheese with the port. It is insanely good. When we were on the Boston Cruise last week, I asked if they were having that and they said that they only offer it on the longer cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess inconsistency again. On our three day repo on the Coral in September the Stilton/Port menu was offered one of the days.

We rented a jeep and toured around the island. Spent a lot of time at the lighthouse. I wanted to go diving but left my PADI card at home. Not really a lot to seee. There is still a lot of damaged buildings. Don’t know my history here so not sure when it all happened. [snip]. . .

We were at Grand Turk in Mar 2009 on the Crown and Jan 2010 on the Grand. We didn't get off the ship in 2009 as Hurricane Ike had made a devastating direct hit the prior Sept (2008) and there were still a lot of blue tarps on roofs and perhaps the relatively new Margaritaville had not been completely fixed. Sorry to hear there are still a lot of damaged buildings on the island. I just love the ocean colors down there--so many shades of blue!

Barb

Hi Sandy:

Glad to hear this last leg of your cruises is going so well. We've never done the balcony dinner, so glad to hear it was such a success. May have to think about it in the future.

Funny about Mike sleeping through the alarm. I had to laugh on that one as I can so relate with that.

Have a good rest of the cruise.

Susan

Archived