Golden Princess Hawaii Pictures

cruiserjanet

For those who are interested, in the link in my signature, are two albums I just uploaded from our 10/10/12 cruise. One is Hawaii 2012 and the other is Hawaii 2012 Food. My disclaimer is that the food in the Food album was not all consumed by my DH and myself but consumed by our 4 friends and us. Isn't that all part of the cruising experience? :D I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Hello CruiserJanet, what suite were you in and would you book the same suite again? You have some wonderful pictures and brought back so many memories of our cruise. Where did you see the rainbow and the mirrors on the ceiling, I missed it. Thank you very much for sharing your great photos. What kind of camera do you have as well. Thanks, Seadeck2

Hello CruiserJanet, what suite were you in and would you book the same suite again? You have some wonderful pictures and brought back so many memories of our cruise. Where did you see the rainbow and the mirrors on the ceiling, I missed it. Thank you very much for sharing your great photos. What kind of camera do you have as well. Thanks, Seadeck2

We were in C750 and would not book that suite again. (We won't have a suite for awhile anyway as this was only for a special occasion.) The obstruction was about 2 feet wide and it was hard to maneuver around on that balcony as it wasn't very deep, as you could tell. We've had C748 (as an upgrade) on the Caribbean Princess and the balcony was deeper. We saw it was the same on this ship. We wanted to try a suite that wasn't next to the vent but I didn't realize the balcony wasn't as deep nor the obstruction as wide.

We saw a rainbow in every port. I didn't see the one in Lahaina but was told about it.

The mirrors on the ceiling were in the Promenade Lounge. We were sitting with our friends and I looked up and decided to get creative with the camera. That's sort of how I came up with the peephole shots. I was waiting for my BFF to come over and wondered how the view from the peephole would look in a picture.

I have a Canon T4i but the pictures were shot with other cameras as well. I tend to take a DSLR and a small one and DH takes a DSLR. On this trip, because we were doing the Tubing excursion, I took a waterproof camera and was pleased with the pictures. All of our cameras are Canons. My BFF has a Nikon and a few of her pictures are in there like the one of the top of the ship (I think that's there). She and her DH took that during their helicopter tour of Kauai.

LOVE your albums thank you so much for sharing!!! especially the food :D

Thank you. I had my small camera with me when we had breakfast and dinner. Our friends let me take pictures of their food so I tried to do it quickly. Needless to say, I removed the duplicates. I tried to get a picture of all of the food that was consumed in my presence. LOL!

Thanks so much for posting these pictures! I am drooling just looking at them. We also leave for Hawaii in three weeks and I can't wait to taste these myself!!!!

Asked the Maitre 'd about the King Crab Legs and he said no. He said they couldn't get them. Interesting because I just saw them at Costco. Four food items I look forward to on a Princess cruise.

1. Chocolate almond square;

2. King crab legs;

3. Lobster tail;

4. Chocolate hazelnut souffle.

I got all but the King Crab legs. Can you tell I don't eat out much? :D

Great pictures! My mouth is watering! Looks like you went to Roy's. We usually do too. We leave on Wednesday and can't wait!

We did go to Roy's in Waikiki on Lewers. My DH and our friends had never been before and they all really enjoyed it. We went at 5, which was good, because it got busy. Word of warning though. They've been doing construction on Ala Moana Road (I think that's the name) so your cab ride might be a little longer than normal.

So what do you do in your spare time??? Thank you for uploading so quickly! We too will b heading to Hawaii over New Years but on the Sapphire. We have friends who will be on your ship this next round.

When you get another boost of free time, could you label some of the food pictures? I would love to know what some things are so I can order them while on our trip. Things look so mouth watering! The fresh fruit, the soups, salads. . .All so so good!!!!

Thank you again for sharing with us all the fun things on the ship!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived