Epic 2br Villa - Coffee maker

southt00

If they're anything like what was in the 2br family suite on the Star, then it's those little pod thingys. (I'll be on the Epic in a 2 bedroom FS in the Haven in 3 weeks, so I'll know for sure at that point.)

I'd like to know if they offer just plain old regular coffee in those machines on the Epic. On the Star it was just different varieties of espresso and other weirdo hipster stuff that nobody actually drinks. There was no plain old regular everyday coffee. I had to ask the butler to bring me a pot every morning.

NCL uses the standard Lavazza expresso/coffee/tea machine in all their suites fleetwide. They use the capsule that you load into the machine.

I've 2 university degree's so I feel I'm somewhat intelligent :p but that Lavazza machine was a challenge for me....first day after I tried it the poor room stewart had to call for back up....I learned to like the walk to the Atrium for coffee every morning :)

I've 2 university degree's so I feel I'm somewhat intelligent :p but that Lavazza machine was a challenge for me....first day after I tried it the poor room stewart had to call for back up....I learned to like the walk to the Atrium for coffee every morning :)

Our first day all we could get out of it was expresso! Talked to the Butler and he showed us how to brew regular coffee with it and we were good to go after that. Very good coffee, they provided my Splenda for me and half and half. Many good cups on the balcony after that. Second best to the french press in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch.

I guess I am just a weirdo hipster. I drank a LOT of it! I would even venture to say that "nobody actually drinks" is an overstatement.;)

On that note I guess I'm a weirdo hipster too...I don't drink coffee or espresso but I loved the lemon tea pods. Our butler noticed that they were the only ones we were drinking after the first day and decided to replace the other coffee pods with the lemon tea :D

Your butler should have shown you how to operate the machine. Our first suite, the butler instructed us on the machine right away even before sail away.

I find that multi-task machines never work as good as the specialty machines. I drank some tea from it but on Epic the tea tasted just like coffee so I did not use it again. It does not make a great cappachino either. But it is a great little perk. I think the best part of the machine is how fast it works. But you cant get great coffee or tea from capsules LOL

I guess I am just a weirdo hipster. I drank a LOT of it! I would even venture to say that "nobody actually drinks" is an overstatement.;)

I am with you as the coffee maker is among my favorite perks of the suite life! then again I own two espresso machines (work and home) but shun the weird hipster appellation. Plain old coffee brought daily by the butler doesn't sound too hard to handle....

NCL uses the standard Lavazza expresso/coffee/tea machine in all their suites fleetwide. They use the capsule that you load into the machine.

it must have been awhile since you were onboard in a suite. We had beans and not capsules on theJewel this summer.

Your butler should have shown you how to operate the machine. Our first suite, the butler instructed us on the machine right away even before sail away.

I find that multi-task machines never work as good as the specialty machines. I drank some tea from it but on Epic the tea tasted just like coffee so I did not use it again. It does not make a great cappachino either. But it is a great little perk. I think the best part of the machine is how fast it works. But you cant get great coffee or tea from capsules LOL

Our first cup of tea turned out just as you describe with a strong hint of coffee. After running hot water and a few capsules through the machine the taste of coffee had gone away.

Archived