one and four year olds

tinylady

Hi my daughter and her hubby are thinking of a cruise with their one and four year olds. Where would they sleep? Any other tips would be welcome,

thanks,

Mary

There are cabins that accommodate 3-4 people, either with a pull out sofa bed or pullman beds. There are also pack and plays available but I'm not sure what the guidelines are for those (i.e. whether you can have them in rooms that do not officially allow more than 2 people, etc.) If they do get a pack and play (or 2), they should be aware that it will take up a lot of floor space when in use, unless they book a junior suite or larger. But then again, so will a pull out sleeper sofa. You may want to check on the family cruise board for more input on traveling with small children.

My son was almost 4 his first cruise and slept on the bottom bunk (we were on a NCL ship) and I think the last night I even let him sleep on the top. My baby was like 7 months in a pack n play; like someone says takes up a lot of room. We actually had 2 rooms that cruise. We leave in a few days for their second and have a family ocean view that sleeps 6. We have a master bedroom that the baby will probably sleep in her pack n play, then a large living room and a bunk room for my boys , now 5 and 6.

Depending on ship, the 1 year old may not be allowed in the pools...they have diaper restrictions on most ships. Many folks will bring a blow-up tub, so that bathing in a shower is easier, and they can use the tub for baby to "splash" in on the pool deck.

Archived