Barcelona - good wine retailer?

wdpmd

I'm looking for a good wine retailer in central Barcelona to pick up some wine for a cruise in 10 days. I am particularly interested in ports (Oporto - not ships). Anybody know of anything in central Barcelona or metro accessible?

thaniks

Here is a wine store in central Barcelona. There website is only in Spanish but it will give you an idea

http://www.vilaviniteca.es/es/inicio

This website talks about the store (in English)

http://unlike.net/barcelona/food/vila-viniteca

This map shows where the store is Vila-Viniteca Map

You can buy wines in most supermarkets in Spain (for example Carrefour Express on Las Ramblas) but Port is not that easy to find. If stores have any port at all there will not be a good selection and it is likely to be quite expensive.

The Spanish do not like selling wines other than Spanish wines :p

• 2 weeks later...

I second the recommendation of Carrefour Express on Las Ramblas. I am not a wine expert, but I enjoy a good bottle. I thought the wines were very cheap at this supermarket. We enjoyed half a bottle in our room the night before we sailed. My husband had enjoyed this wine back in the states where it was way more expensive. I wish we had bought a couple extra bottle to bring on the ship. Even with the corkage fee, this would have been a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...
El Corte Inglés

They had a very nice wine and cigar department in their lower floor.:)

El Corte Ingles is a terrific store. Wine selection and prices very good. Also, since it is a fully stocked grocery (n the lower level), they have unique (to us) products like an amazing variety of olives, tinned fish products, even chocolate (believe or not they have a store brand that is really outstanding).

They also have a gourmet shop on a higher floor, maybe around 5-6 just off escalator, which features nice wines, olive oils and other local favorites. And the restaurant on the top floor is also very good, terrific views.

Archived