Celebrity over Princess

Bruin Steve

Yeah...I thought that subject title would attract some attention over here...

But, sorry, I'm not posting to debate the relative merits of competing cruise lines...

It's just something funny occured to me as I was sorting thropugh my T-Shirt drawer the other day...

Celebrity Cruises has apparently done quite well in marketing souvenir cruise line T-Shirts that simply say "Celebrity"...

...and it occurred to me that Princess really has a major marketing disadvantage in that department...

They've cut out half of the prospective T-Shirt sales market by virtue of their corporate name (Okay, maybe not quite half...There are, I guess, a small percentage of men who might enjoy prancing around in a T-Shirt with "Princess" emblazoned across the chest)...

:) :) :) :) :)

Okay, maybe not quite half...There are, I guess, a small percentage of men who might enjoy prancing around in a T-Shirt with "Princess" emblazoned across the chest

What? Everyone’s a comic on the boards today? First the smoking policy thread, now this? I may be overly sensitive, but it seems these passive aggressive “witticisms” are really unnecessary.

As for the percentage of men you infer, it's larger than you think.

I have to add - NCL gave away T-shirts on the Dawn cruise we were on (well, they were "motion on the ocean" technically you had to earn them) while Princess didn't seem to have any giveaways. I was wearing my Norwegian shirt as we debarked our Princess cruise. Nothing like free advertising. :)

I have to add - NCL gave away T-shirts on the Dawn cruise we were on (well, they were "motion on the ocean" technically you had to earn them) while Princess didn't seem to have any giveaways. I was wearing my Norwegian shirt as we debarked our Princess cruise. Nothing like free advertising. :)

Maybe that’s why you got such lousy service…staff on board notice those kinds of things.

When we sailed on Royal Caribbean we earned t-shirts (labeled ship-shape with the line name on them as well as beach bags, etc.) for participating in various athletic classes...aerobics, water aerobics, the daily walk/run on the top deck, etc. We earned a coupon for each event and at the end of the cruise "cashed" the coupons in for the various offers. I just love wearing the shirts, and also had enough coupons for a beach bag. Unfortunately, when we sailed on Princess they didnt offer anything like that, or even to sell spiffy Princess t-shirts as a souvenier. I also think that would be a good marketing tool, as well as a memory of a great cruise.

Just all the good looking, fit, wealthy, and attractive ones. At least, that's what I tell my wife when I catch her eyes wandering. :)

And I’ll take that as a complement!

Archived