Grand Suite vs. Owners Suite

KAKcruiser

We are thinking about going all out and booking either the Grand Suite or Owners Suite on the Caribbean Princess. It seems like the Grand Suite is about twice the size but only slightly more money. Is it worth more? Also, it is very hard to find availability for either cabin. Are they always booked so far in advance?

Do these cabins have waitlists? It seems like they are both booked for the rest of this year and most of next year.

I agree -- go for the Grand Suite!! I stayed it in last year on the Caribbean and it was fabulous!! :D And yes you can waitlist for it. It is hard to book since there is only one on the ship. Good luck!

I have a certain amount of flexibility in when I cruise. Can they put you on a waitlist for every week? That wouldn't seem too practical. Or do I just have to keep calling? I wish that Princess had their web site set up to show cabin availability and pricing. It would make checking a lot easier.

I know you were asking about the difference between the Grand versus Owner suite. We are in the same situation but are on the wait list for the Owner's. We are confirmed in a PH suite mid ship. The owner's is not all that much more $ but am not sure about being all the way in the back of the ship and if the Owner's is a whole lot better. Does anyone know? I am next on the list to be called and really need to know. Please help if you can.

I have seen the Owner's Suite on the Golden and it looked like a PH and PS suite except it had an area for a table to eat at. I personally was disappointed with teh OS and would prefer the Grand or a PS or PH (at least this was my experience on the Golden).

I will keep the mid ship PH. I wanted mid ship but thought the owners suite would be a whole lot nicer. Thanks for saving me some $ :)

There are pics in my album of the Owner's Suite on the Golden:

suite pics

The Owner's Suite pics are labeled as Owner's Suite.

• 3 weeks later...

Coral,

Thank you so much for posting your pictures of suites. We are planning to cruise on the Golden for the first time next year and are trying to decide which type of suite to select. We assumed the owner's suite would be preferable (the grand suite is booked) but am not sure from your pictures and from others' description if it is a better value for the price. It looks as if the Vista balcony may be preferable, but it is space inside the room that my husband wants.

All the observations from others is so helpful.

Archived