Barcelona Airport Transfers

MICruser

We will be 6 people with luggage can we all fit in one cab? Do they have vans or should we prebook with a company? We will be in Barcelona?

We have a group of 6 adults in May and Autos Vilar quoted us 65€ for all of us from the airport to our hotel.

We used the Aerobus to and from the airport. It was very easy to use and there were constantly new buses coming. We also walked about three blocks to our hotel. There were many people with luggage, so we did not feel uncomfortable. We are not adventurous, but this was very easy. The buses are like rental car shuttle buses. Your luggage is on racks in front of you.

I'm assuming the Aerobus only goes to downtown (Pl. Catalunya) from the airport and back.

In other words on your trip home is there an Aerobus from pier to airport?

There are other stops for the Aerobus but the most convenient and nearest the port is Plaza Cataluña.

You can take the shuttle bus to Columbus Monument then walk along Las Ramblas to Plaza Cataluña.

For me, I would just take a taxi from the ship to the airport.

The amount of money you save is not worth the hassle.

• 2 years later...
We are cruising in May, 2013 on Serenade of the Seas and looking for recommendations for transfers from airport to hotel for three people. Unfortunately, I already checked with Barcelona Day Tours and they are already booked for the day. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

For those who plan to travel, do not use Shuttle Direct shared services if you want service directly to your hotel. BAD SERVICE!!!!

If you are only 3 blocks to Plaza Catalyuna, then the AeroBus is the most economical option. Just walk the 3 blocks from there. Safe and flat. What is your destination?

That was my thought. A taxi for three blocks? Really?? Exactly how much luggage do you have that you can't walk three blocks? (Granted, it's nothing for me to walk up to 12 blocks and then a subway and AirTrain ride with my rolling bag, carry-on, and backpack, so...)

This is the second post you've stir this without providing details. Details help everyone in evaluating their options... Please and thanks! :)

Rather than using public transportation or a private cab, we booked Shuttle Direct for shared airport transfer from Barcelona airport to our hotel just off Las Ramblas on 9/30/2015. My confirmation clearly stated our destination and I believe I emailed them to reconfirm direct drop-off.

Instead, the driver dropped us off a few blocks away (in the rain), claiming that his vehicle could not go on our street. I spoke with his boss, who yelled at me in Spanish, I yelled back in English, we got nowhere ... so off we went, dragging our 4 suitcases behind us in the rain after an 8-hour flight and waiting 45 more minutes at the airport for our vehicle. Not the best way to start a 2-week vacation.

So far, they are denying any fault, stating that sometimes this happens (it pops up on their website in small print), but I am persisting in getting at least some or all of our money back for this major inconvenience.

Enough detail??

Rather than using public transportation or a private cab, we booked Shuttle Direct for shared airport transfer from Barcelona airport to our hotel just off Las Ramblas on 9/30/2015. My confirmation clearly stated our destination and I believe I emailed them to reconfirm direct drop-off.

Instead, the driver dropped us off a few blocks away (in the rain), claiming that his vehicle could not go on our street. I spoke with his boss, who yelled at me in Spanish, I yelled back in English, we got nowhere ... so off we went, dragging our 4 suitcases behind us in the rain after an 8-hour flight and waiting 45 more minutes at the airport for our vehicle. Not the best way to start a 2-week vacation.

So far, they are denying any fault, stating that sometimes this happens (it pops up on their website in small print), but I am persisting in getting at least some or all of our money back for this major inconvenience.

Enough detail??

Thank you. Yes, this helps. This would definitely be frustrating - though I am curious what you would have rather had them do since they couldn't go down the street your hotel was on.

Sometimes (not in this case necessarily) what is some people's idea of "horrible" is what others think of as an inconvenience. That's why detail helps with reviews/critiques. (As an example, when I'm reading hotel reviews of places in Europe, if I see complaints that the room was "tiny" or "small" I immediately check to see where the reviewer is from. If they're from the US, I take it with a grain of salt whereas if they're from Europe I'll pay a little closer attention.)

Thank you. Yes, this helps. This would definitely be frustrating - though I am curious what you would have rather had them do since they couldn't go down the street your hotel was on. ...

IMO the shuttle service should have said in their email that they could not deliver to that address rather than confirming the delivery.

Then the OP could have chosen a different car service or used a taxi.

IMO the shuttle service should have said in their email that they could not deliver to that address rather than confirming the delivery.

Then the OP could have chosen a different car service or used a taxi.

It is possible that there was a road closure on that day - it CAN happen where a road has to be closed for some reason, and advance knowledge is not given.

I am planning to use the Aerobus to our hotel in Barri Gotic next week. I used Google Earth to see the walk and it looks safe and flat- about a 10 minute walk on a pedestrian only walk.

Yes, correct, it will be a flat surface. And approx 10 mins

It is possible that there was a road closure on that day - it CAN happen where a road has to be closed for some reason, and advance knowledge is not given.

There was no road closure -- and they should have been clear about direct drop-off or used a vehicle that was allowed on our street.