Freedom docking positions

mrsfuzzmo

We are booking a cruise on the FOS for May 2013. I like to watch the "pier runners" and was wondering if anyone can tell me which side of the ship faces the pier in St. Thomas. I know that sometimes ships "back" in and sometimes they go in forward. Would like to choose a balcony that sides to the pier.

I know St. Maarten there are a couple of piers so it would be a crap shoot either way, but can anyone tell me if the FOS noses into STT or backs in.

Thanks!

There is no way to predict whether a ship will back into or go in bow first on any particular sailing. Nor can you know which side of the pier it will head into or back into. Therefore, the answer to your question... it is a crap shoot.

We've been to St. Thomas on FOS several times, and it's about 50/50. Sometimes we dock stern in and sometimes its bow in. Depends on which side of the lifeboats need a drill, or whether there's any maintenance work that needs to be done on the exterior. It also depends on who else is in port that day. St. martin is pretty much the same ~50/50.

There is no way to predict whether a ship will back into or go in bow first on any particular sailing. Nor can you know which side of the pier it will head into or back into. Therefore, the answer to your question... it is a crap shoot.

I agree. It's always a crap shoot. :)

Archived