emerald Princess dry dock

BoPippy

what are they going to do to the ship in December?Are they going to put new cushiony mattresses? LOL.
It'll be a 10-day drydock so routine maintenance. Mattresses are always being replaced so they don't need a drydock for that. They will inspect the propellers and thrusters, scrape and paint the bottom of the ship, update navigational, operational and entertainment electronics, replace carpeting in public areas, and other exciting, sexy stuff. It's like taking your car in for an oil change and tune-up.

• 1 month later...

I've been watching the status of the dry dock ships in Freeport for Enchantment of the Seas progress and noted Emerald Princess also there. Was curious if this was just the standard "maintenance check" for her, or if she was scheduled for any new "stuff" - probably the maintenance check, as Pam said.

Information I was given last week onboard was carpet was being changed, some furniture and matresses on some deck as well as being given an overall cleaning. As much of the work as possible is being done by the regular staff. The ship will be lifted out of the water and the hull inspected and repainted. There was no disrepution to passengers during the last crusie.

• 2 years later...

Emerald is actually scheduled to do the routine stuff, but also they are converting Sabatini's to the new Share restaurant, and the Wheelhouse is getting converted for the Salty Dog Pub.

what are they going to do to the ship in December?Are they going to put new cushiony mattresses? LOL.

Emerald is actually scheduled to do the routine stuff, but also they are converting Sabatini's to the new Share restaurant, and the Wheelhouse is getting converted for the Salty Dog Pub.

Yes but did the OP get the mattresses he wanted for their cruise THREE YEARS AGO.

Do you contact a kitchen remodeling firm if you want to replace your toaster? No. So why would Princess wait for a dry dock to do something they can do underway?

Our next cruise on the Emerald is April 2016 so I hope by then Share would have been well reported. Is it going to be thumbs up or thumbs down?. Also will Salty pub be at extra charge?, not that it would worry us but time will tell on the popularity stakes I expect.;)

Salty Dog is $19/pp. Price does NOT include any drinks despite all the pre-publicity about food and drink parings being offered. The tables in Wheelhouse will be replaced with high-tops like all the fast-casual bar and grill chains. I don't expect Salty Dog to last beyond the announced three-ship trial.

Salty Dog is $19/pp. Price does NOT include any drinks despite all the pre-publicity about food and drink parings being offered. The tables in Wheelhouse will be replaced with high-tops like all the fast-casual bar and grill chains. I don't expect Salty Dog to last beyond the announced three-ship trial.

I Hope they don't replace all the seating areas with those bar height tables and chairs. I don't find them comfortable at all. Hoping it is just the upper level near the bar and that they will still have the stage/dance floor area with comfortable seating. Some of those loves seats were getting in pretty bad shape.