*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

During her drydock, signature Royal Caribbean features, such as the FlowRider surf simulator and dining venues like Giovanni’s Table, Park Café and Izumi Asian Cuisine will be added.

Yeeha:D

As well as the virtual balconies in the interior staterooms which are due to feature on Quantum. Looking forward to seeing what those are like.

Just got off the phone with C&A...pricing for early May is awesome!:D

The Roatan itinerary is dropping Belize and adding Costa Maya.

I wanted to do a courtesy hold, but since the cruises aren't up on the website yet I couldn't.

Waiting for my husband to call me back...

Awwwww boohoo, was so looking forward to seeing Goff's Caye again!!!

But I like Costa Maya if you go over to Majahual..fun!

Actually, we're interested in September...we love cruising in Hurricane season!

Edited by BecciBoo

More information...I ended up staying with April 6th, because the reason the May 4th cruise was less expensive was because it is a 6-Night. Navigator will be sailing on Saturdays instead of Sundays.

Wonder if that has to do with fog in Galveston and competing with Carnival for getting into and out of the channel????

Not sure, Becci...at some point they'll have the Triumph back every other Saturday.

It could be something with the port availability since this is such a late switch in deployment.

I'm not sure if Navigator replaced Belize with Costa Maya on all the sailings, or just the 6-Nighter they're doing to get on the new schedule.

I would love an alternating schedule with Costa Maya on one Mexican week and Belize on the next...easily done, they are really close together.

We just loved our trip out to the Caye and would do it again hands down! Water was crystal for snorkeling, really had a blast!

I would love an alternating schedule with Costa Maya on one Mexican week and Belize on the next...easily done, they are really close together.

We just loved our trip out to the Caye and would do it again hands down! Water was crystal for snorkeling, really had a blast!

Sure would be nice if they would get the schedule posted...I'd like to be able to see what's available without having to call!

Sure would be nice if they would get the schedule posted...I'd like to be able to see what's available without having to call!

11 May 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

18 May 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

25 May 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

01 Jun 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

08 Jun 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

15 Jun 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

22 Jun 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

29 Jun 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

06 Jul 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

13 Jul 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

20 Jul 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

27 Jul 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

03 Aug 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

10 Aug 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

17 Aug 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

24 Aug 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

31 Aug 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

07 Sep 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

14 Sep 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

21 Sep 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

28 Sep 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

05 Oct 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

12 Oct 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

19 Oct 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

26 Oct 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

02 Nov 2014 Western Caribbean A 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas GAL

Still only shows through the April 27th cruise on the RCCL website.:(

My TA just called and the RCCL rep called her with the news! Will be here through December, dry dock in January, and back in service in February. He said Navigator is totally ours after January! :)

Not sure, Becci...at some point they'll have the Triumph back every other Saturday.

It could be something with the port availability since this is such a late switch in deployment.

I'm not sure if Navigator replaced Belize with Costa Maya on all the sailings, or just the 6-Nighter they're doing to get on the new schedule.

I booked the very expensive 6/8 sailing because that is our anniversary and My Bday is on the 12th but I am going to check out some less expensive dates too. We were on our way home from the dentist when my TA called and said his rep had called to tell him Navigator would be in Galveston year round.

I think Costa Maya is just the 6 nighter. MY TA checked the entire schedule and thats the only Costa Maya stop he saw. There will be a one nighter for TAs on the 10th of May - that is the reason for the 6 night cruise.

The schedule definitely shows Sunday departures.

Called to check whether or not to change some reservations to the Navigator for the same dates in 2014. After hearing the pricing there is no way I will change. Just be prepared for initial sticker shock. Example our Freedom cruise in May of 2014 is over $600 less than the Navigator pricing and that is comparing a D1 on the Freedom to an E2 on the Navigator. Hopefully the pricing adjusts.

:eek:Whoa!

Well, with the new virtual balconies in the interiors, we may just have to do that instead of a D1. After the Mariner we just returned from (interior) we swore never again, but pricing will definitely make it a priority.

We have Allure in May so we won't be doing anything to pricey in the fall. We'll just have to see! At least the virtual stuff will let you know what time of day it is and fool you into thinking you're not so stuffy!;)

I booked the very expensive 6/8 sailing because that is our anniversary and My Bday is on the 12th but I am going to check out some less expensive dates too. We were on our way home from the dentist when my TA called and said his rep had called to tell him Navigator would be in Galveston year round.

I think Costa Maya is just the 6 nighter. MY TA checked the entire schedule and thats the only Costa Maya stop he saw. There will be a one nighter for TAs on the 10th of May - that is the reason for the 6 night cruise.

The schedule definitely shows Sunday departures.

There's better information here on Cruise Critic than from the two C&A reps I spoke with earlier!:rolleyes: The first time I called the agent didn't say a word about the May 4th cruise being 6 Nights. When I called back to switch my reservation, I only found out inadvertently that the May 4th sailing was shorter...then I was told the reason was because Navigator would be sailing on Saturdays!:eek:

Texas folks, I'll tell you what really makes me happy...we're not getting just any ship -- we're getting a ship that's going to be completely redone with all the bells and whistles they can add.:D I was a little underwhelmed by what was done to the Mariner in last year's drydock, but it makes sense now...since the Mariner is heading to Asia, they made and are making quite different changes than what the Navigator will get. If you haven't been on Royal Caribbean's website today, go take a look at Navigator -- they're already announcing and promoting all the changes.

This seems to me to be a pretty well thought-out plan for a year-round return to Galveston. It's the perfect time for some competition down there, and I think RCCL is going to try to make the most of this opportunity. I think they're gearing up to go head to head with Carnival, and try to attract some of the people who choose the Magic because they want to be on a new ship. Hence, Navigator is getting a top to bottom refurb, and I expect it to be heavily marketed to stress the improvements.

We got what we've been hoping for...let's fill 'er up!:cool:

There's better information here on Cruise Critic than from the two C&A reps I spoke with earlier!:rolleyes: The first time I called the agent didn't say a word about the May 4th cruise being 6 Nights. When I called back to switch my reservation, I only found out inadvertently that the May 4th sailing was shorter...then I was told the reason was because Navigator would be sailing on Saturdays!:eek:

Texas folks, I'll tell you what really makes me happy...we're not getting just any ship -- we're getting a ship that's going to be completely redone with all the bells and whistles they can add.:D I was a little underwhelmed by what was done to the Mariner in last year's drydock, but it makes sense now...since the Mariner is heading to Asia, they made and are making quite different changes than what the Navigator will get. If you haven't been on Royal Caribbean's website today, go take a look at Navigator -- they're already announcing and promoting all the changes.

This seems to me to be a pretty well thought-out plan for a year-round return to Galveston. It's the perfect time for some competition down there, and I think RCCL is going to try to make the most of this opportunity. I think they're gearing up to go head to head with Carnival, and try to attract some of the people who choose the Magic because they want to be on a new ship. Hence, Navigator is getting a top to bottom refurb, and I expect it to be heavily marketed to stress the improvements.

We got what we've been hoping for...let's fill 'er up!:cool:

FINALLY. And on the RCL splash page to boot.

Never doubted you for a nanosecond, Ms. Cindy!! :D

Wonder if Dave's going to get a second set of horns? :p

VR,

T Lex