A few questions

MissSuds

Hello everyone and I'm going to apologize first off if my questions seem like stupid questions, but I'm seeking answers from all seasoned cruisers with loads of patience for newbies.

Soda cards:

Has anyone ever opted out from purchasing them altogether?

I'm not a fan of Coke Products, and I don't drink a lot of soda. I know the website quotes a price/day but is the soda sticker sold typically by the week or the day?

Can I purchase a sticker lets say day 3 and 5 and not the others.

Can I pick and choose the days I want the soda sticker?

Checking in cases of soda or water:

When putting a luggage tag on the case and handing it over curbside, has anyone ever had any experience with it not arriving at your cabin? If so what do you do about it?

Traditional Dining:

How will we know what dining room is for traditional dining?

Disembarkation:

We will not be in any rush to vacate the ship as we have an evening flight, but is breakfast still offered at HC or in the dining rooms?

We are hoping to have breakfast and disembark with no hurry or stress.

Thank you in advance.

Hi There

There is no need to buy a soda sticker, if you do not drink a lot of soda,

if you just buy as required you get a real can, if on a sticker it comes from the fountain not as good.

You can always buy a soda packagegives you like six cans for the price of

five.

Your cruise card tells you want dining option you have, however most ships have only one tradional dining room

Why would you want to bring boxes of water or soda with you.

any other questions just ask away

yours Shogun

I was thinking of bringing Diet Pepsi rather than only having Coke Products to choose from.

When I do opt for soda, its a diet Pepsi I would want.

As for bottles of water, I drink A LOT ....I thought it would just easy to throw a bottle or 2 into a beach bag, would save from always refilling a tumbler.

Are bottles of water offered on board?

The ship does sell bottles of water but you pay a bit more for them.

We usually put a bottle each in carry on to last us first day. At each stop after, we buy bottles and bring back onboard, again one or two to last until next stop. Many vendors at each stop sell water and as part of souvenir shopping get them. They also sell sodas and it's interesting to taste some slightly different tastes of local sodas vs ones we are used too (still brand name but formulated differently, not always diff).

The soda sticker is only sold for the entire week...you can easily tag your water or soda and bring it on board. They do sell bottled water on board, but I believe it is pricey...You will receive a card when you board that will have your dining room and table listed on it.. dining room and HC will be open on day of debarking, not sure of the hours, but you can certainly have Bfast and relax before you leave the ship....Hope this helped...Have a great cruise!

Hello everyone and I'm going to apologize first off if my questions seem like stupid questions, but I'm seeking answers from all seasoned cruisers with loads of patience for newbies.

Traditional Dining:

How will we know what dining room is for traditional dining?

Disembarkation:

We will not be in any rush to vacate the ship as we have an evening flight, but is breakfast still offered at HC or in the dining rooms?

Thank you in advance.

The traditional dining room is Palm on deck 6, at the aft end of the ship.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/deck_plans/index.html

As you can see on the deck plan, Palm is in not accessible from deck 6. You have to sneak up on it from deck 7.:p

There's one exception. The 5:30PM early dining will be in one of the anytime dining rooms, midship.

HC will be open for breakfast.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We have never bought a soda sticker, it is optional.

It must be bought for the entire cruise or not purchased.

You can bring on bottled water and soda. We bring a couple of water bottles and re-fill them from the tap as needed.

The tap water onboard is fine to drink. I only buy the first bottle of water, and then refill it from the bathroom tap and refrigerate it for the next day's use.

On disembarkation day, breakfast is available in the Horizon Court buffet starting around 5am until 9am, and in one of the dining rooms from 6:30-8:30am.

Princess tries to have all the departing passengers off the ship by about 10:30am. You will be assigned a time to disembark, based on your post-cruise travel arrangements and/or the deck your cabin is on.

Hello MissSuds and welcome to Princess and our message boards.

The soda package is sold weekly, not by the day I am sure the accounting would be extremely tedious to do it daily. I never get it as I really don't drink much soda. We calculated it once and thought you needed to drink at least 4-5 sodas daily for it to pay to purchase.

The dining room will be printed on your card as well as your assigned time.

The day of disembarkation they have breakfast in both the Buffet and one of the dining rooms. I have never felt rushed, you just can't get room service that day.

Enjoy your cruise. :o

I love Perrier and always take some on board. If it is a long cruise and I am taking a case on board, I will just tie it up with twine, add a luggage tag and check it. It always arrives at my room just fine.

I don't believe I have had a flavored soda in over 35 years and I don't miss it one bit. I can't even imagine buying a soda card. DH does get a coffee card from time to time, but I just take packs of Via and am perfectly happy with that.

We always eat breakfast in the Horizon Court because we have so many more choices than in the dining room.

On our last cruise, disembarkation time was 10:30 but we actually left a little earlier because we were finished with breakfast and wanted to get down to our hotel and get settled in before we had lunch with friends about 30 miles from the ship.

If you bring diet pepsi - or anything else that's not available on the ship for that matter, please be aware that it's a courtesy to not flaunt it on the open decks. In your room is one thing, but in public places it's a faux pax to have it out in the open. Pour into a glass or similar first. Not unlike the folks who are pouring glasses of wine in their stateroom and then going to the dining room or out and about.

If you bring diet pepsi - or anything else that's not available on the ship for that matter' date=' please be aware that it's a courtesy to not flaunt it on the open decks. In your room is one thing, but in public places it's a faux pax to have it out in the open. Pour into a glass or similar first. Not unlike the folks who are pouring glasses of wine in their stateroom and then going to the dining room or out and about.[/quote']

Are you kidding? A courtesy to not flaunt it? It's not like they are drinking the only soda on board while everyone else is dying of thirst. I couldn't care less what the other guy is drinking. I doubt that I'd notice and if I did and that was the product I preferred I'd be kicking myself for not thinking about it first.

OP, no one cares if you are drinking a Pepsi. Open it and pour it anywhere. It's not illegal or offensive.

If you bring diet pepsi - or anything else that's not available on the ship for that matter' date=' please be aware that it's a courtesy to not flaunt it on the open decks.[/quote']

The only problem with "flaunting" it on the open decks will be all the envious passengers who want to know where they can get one also.

No question is stupid, so ask away if you have more.

Soda cards:

Has anyone ever opted out from purchasing them altogether?

I'm not a fan of Coke Products, and I don't drink a lot of soda. I know the website quotes a price/day but is the soda sticker sold typically by the week or the day? Sold only by the length of the voyage, be it a 1 night cruise or a 30 day cruise.

Can I purchase a sticker lets say day 3 and 5 and not the others. No

Can I pick and choose the days I want the soda sticker? No

Checking in cases of soda or water:

When putting a luggage tag on the case and handing it over curbside, has anyone ever had any experience with it not arriving at your cabin? If so what do you do about it?

Traditional Dining:

How will we know what dining room is for traditional dining? It will be on the cruise card you get when you check in at the pier.

Disembarkation:

We will not be in any rush to vacate the ship as we have an evening flight, but is breakfast still offered at HC or in the dining rooms? It is offered in both, but will have special hours which will be listed on the diembarkation information you will receive in your cabin.

Thank you in advance.

see above in red

DH only drinks diet Dr Pepper... I wrapped packing tape around a 36 pack to reduce the chance of the cardboard tearing and put a luggage tag on it. It arrived in our cabin with no problems. Once on board you can ask your room steward to remove the contents of your refrigerator and you will have room to chill your soda. Have a wonderful cruise

If you bring diet pepsi - or anything else that's not available on the ship for that matter' date=' please be aware that it's a courtesy to not flaunt it on the open decks. In your room is one thing, but in public places it's a faux pax to have it out in the open. Pour into a glass or similar first. Not unlike the folks who are pouring glasses of wine in their stateroom and then going to the dining room or out and about.[/quote']

That is ridiculous!

We always tape a luggage tag on our case of diet pepsi and it's been delivered to our room, no problems.

Thank you everyone for your answers.

I will most definitely bring my diet pepsi and water now.

Just wondering...why are you schlepping water when the H20 onboard is great to drink, and purer than many commercial brands? I can understand Perrier or San Pellegrino, yes, but most people just pay through the nose for brands that often as not are bottled tap water.

Just wondering...why are you schlepping water when the H20 onboard is great to drink, and purer than many commercial brands? I can understand Perrier or San Pellegrino, yes, but most people just pay through the nose for brands that often as not are bottled tap water.

Agree - Horizon Court has water and ice machines...if you bring a reusable water bottle, you can fill it there as many times as you want FREE! There's really no need to bring water on board unless - as Shepp says - there is something particular that you've gotta have...

Archived