Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Whatever job you have now----you should think about getting a new job as taking photos for a travel magazine. Your review and your photos are the best I've ever seen. I'm going on the Allure on December 9th---and your review and photos getting me really excited.

Anyway--- take care and have some great holidays. A BIG THANK YOU for doing this.

Pigskin (Sue)

Thanks for the pics of the beach - in 3 visits i've never made it over there... I seem to plop my butt down on a chair @ Columbus and enjoy the day. To us Canadians who go in the water when it's a mere 65 degrees in the middle of the summer that "cold" water your mom speaks of is like a hot tub to us ;)

The dog makes her way around... she hung out with us in April for most of the day - probably the best fed dog in all of Haiti!

Thank you so much for a great review. We were on Allure shortly after her maiden voyage but did the other route. The ship was great and seeing everything again makes me want to do this route now. We are on NOS in March and I can't wait to get out of what will be cold weather then.

Again thanks for the great photos and story!:)

I wish I had another cruise planned already, maybe something for April or May, I bet you will love the change in weather. Thanks for commenting on my review :)

Absolutely amazing review! Leaving for first cruise with RCCL (on the Allure) on Sunday 11/25. Having all your insight, tips, information and beautiful pictures has simply compounded my excitement! Thank you so much for all your work in sharing your trip with us.

I remember how excited I was before my trip, I can only imagine how excited you're. Thanks for following me. I hope you have one amazing trip ;)

Someone really ought to hire you as a travel reviewer! And I hope someone near the top of RCCL is following this thread.

I always wonder which ones they follow or how often?

If they are not all over this one, they are missing out!

You are truly talented and honest from your vantage point.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment, I am definitely looking for something in this field, is what I really love to do. I hope you continue to enjoy my review :)

I'm still really enjoying your story and wonderful photos. The one you took of the ship as you got off in Labadee reminds me of LEGO bricks!:D That's a neat effect.

Heather

thanks, yeah I loved how it came out, glad you liked it to :)

NOOOO you can't go to work.... we need MORE it is like a drug!!

Who do I call so you can have a few days off to finish !!!

Thanks, really enjoying it

Vickie

lol, I will work some more on it tomorrow :)

Thank you so much for your time and effort! My husband and I look forward to your posts daily! I noticed on Day 3 Compass there is a “Sinful Chocolate Experience” at 10 p.m. at Vintages. Do you know what that was all about. I am a chocoholic!

If I tried to answer your question I would be lying. But what I can tell you is that when we were in vintages they had one of their wine flights events. They had to cancel it because they failed to fill the 11 minimun requirement for the event. I am not sure if that is a trend for this establishment, or maybe is because it was too early.

I wish I would of noticed that, I LOVE chocolate as well. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hi Gambee,

I commented already on your thread, but wanted to stop back and say that this is honestly the best review I've ever read. You're doing great, and we're all waiting with anticipation for your next post! Labadee is my favorite place, so I'm loving those pics specifically! Thanks again!!

Thank you sooooo much for commenting again and continuing to follow me. When I started the review I wanted to make the most complete Allure review, but to know that is the best review you read, makes me very happy. Once again thank you very much :)

Wow! I just spent the last 2 hours reading this amazing review! Thank you for taking time to share this wonderful trip with us :D

You're so very welcome, I hope that I continue to entertain you as the review continues.

This is an awesome review. I've spent the last couple of hours reading until this point. Great job! And your pictures are AMAZING.

Thanks for the comment and joining, I am enjoying doing the review as much you enjoy reading it. :)

Absolutely loving your review and the pictures are amazing !! You took a lot of pictures of the cupcakes......I just want to know if you tried any of them and what did you think of them? I think I want one of each !! :D

Dee

Unfortunately I did not try them. You know the crazy part was that I just noticed that they had a red velvet one when I got home. It's crazy how much stuff I missed and now I am experiencing with my own pictures. I wish I got to try the red velvet, its my favorite :(. Maybe that is my excuse to book it again. lol

Whatever job you have now----you should think about getting a new job as taking photos for a travel magazine. Your review and your photos are the best I've ever seen. I'm going on the Allure on December 9th---and your review and photos getting me really excited.

Anyway--- take care and have some great holidays. A BIG THANK YOU for doing this.

Pigskin (Sue)

Thank you soooo much for your awesome comment, I really appreciate the support. Thanks for following. I am sure you will have a blast on your trip! The ship is unbelievable!

Keep up the good work....can't wait for more.

Can you tell me who your Cruise Director was?

I believe it was Ken Rush, I wrote about him on day after the beli floop, I think, but not sure. I did an a couple paragraphs on him.

Gambee, I have to say it again...... you have done a great job on this review!!! I can't wait to read it every night! Can't wait to read more tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos with us.

Patty

Thanks for commenting again, it is always welcome. More to come tomorrow :)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your mom! Thank you for sharing her with us! (Oh, and your AWESOME report too!)

She was wondering what you loved about her? lol I am not even sure myself. I mean I love her because she is the #1 mom in the world. But not many people know that ;)

Thanks for following along. :)

I just finished responding to all my comments, but I am way too tired to go any further. I am afraid that it would not be good material. Tomorrow I will try to finish Labadee, I have more information to cover about that day and I want to make sure I do it right.

Good night everyone.

What a fantastic review. Can't really add too much to what others have already said, but the pictures are particularly good, spectacular even.

I am on Allure for a B2B in just over a year, so will keep this review bookmarked for reference as the planning starts to ramp up in the New Year.

Great Job !!!!!

Gambee, amazing review so far. Thank you very much for the "play by play", tips and tricks and most of all, your amazing pictures.

My wife and I will be sailing the Allure at the end of April, this will be our 7th cruise and 4th with RCCL. 1st time on this class. We are bringing with us some first time cruisers including their 8 year old son. I have shared with them this thread as it will be great material for them to get ready for the trip.

Looking forward to read about the rest of you adventures.

Sly

Thanks for the pics of the beach - in 3 visits i've never made it over there... I seem to plop my butt down on a chair @ Columbus and enjoy the day. To us Canadians who go in the water when it's a mere 65 degrees in the middle of the summer that "cold" water your mom speaks of is like a hot tub to us ;)

The dog makes her way around... she hung out with us in April for most of the day - probably the best fed dog in all of Haiti!

Yeah mom likes the water temperature to be nice and hot before she even makes an attempt at getting into the water. But I am sure for many the water temp is great, there were a lot of of people in the water.

lol, that dog was so lazy, very funny.

Question: Labadee where do u get the shuttle? On the dock by the boat or the end of the dock? The dock looks pretty long esp in hot weather!!

Not by the Dock, you have to walk a little bit. you go through the entire dock, then pass the water fountain and ...... You know what that is a great question, I will post a map in a minute. let me look for it.

Thanks for bringing that up. :)

Gambee, amazing review so far. Thank you very much for the "play by play", tips and tricks and most of all, your amazing pictures.

My wife and I will be sailing the Allure at the end of April, this will be our 7th cruise and 4th with RCCL. 1st time on this class. We are bringing with us some first time cruisers including their 8 year old son. I have shared with them this thread as it will be great material for them to get ready for the trip.

Looking forward to read about the rest of you adventures.

Sly

Thank you for following me and most of all for sharing this thread with your friends.

I am to hear you are enjoying it :)

What a fantastic review. Can't really add too much to what others have already said, but the pictures are particularly good, spectacular even.

I am on Allure for a B2B in just over a year, so will keep this review bookmarked for reference as the planning starts to ramp up in the New Year.

Great Job !!!!!

That is a great idea, I hope I am giving you lots of little tips here and there.

Thank you following me and taking the time to comment ;)

Hello folks, how is everyone doing today? I hope everyone is getting ready to have a great weekend!

First of all I like to address nursewurmy's question, she brought up and excellent point and one that I had not thought of sharing here, many thanks for that.

The question was where does the tram start in Labadee.

Here is the map of Labadee

labadeelinkmap2_zps76edd49d.jpg

Image courtesy of Royal carebean International.

You will get off the ship go through the pier, pass #1 (Pier entrance), through the fountain and that little stretch. After that you will pass the information center to your right, another fountain to your left and where you see #2 is the the tram station. We bought the sun screen in #11 (Buccaneer's Trading Post) it is a small store. It is not a horrible walk, but as previously state it was very hot that day, so that did make matters a little hard. Just as a point of reference our spot in the beach was about 10 steps west of #28 (Schooner Bar).

Ok lets see where did I left off. Oh yeah we were having lunch, like I said the food was good nothing to complain about there. However the main eating area was PACKED, we found one table with a couple of empty spots at the end of it and we sat there next to a asian couple (very nice people). I went and got us some drinks while mom started eating her lunch, while I was at the drink station I had 2 glasses of water and brought 2 more to the table.

As you can imagine mom and I started talking about the island, we thought it was a great idea that we sat behind the life guard. It prevented people from setting up the clam shells in front of us, we still had an obstructed view, but not completely blocked. We also noticed a few families nicely dressed they all had a tag on their shirts. So I am sure that you know by now that we both are very curious creatures (I think I inherited that from her), so I had to go near them and read the tags. As it looks they were relatives from people that worked on the peninsula. RCCL must give out access to the family of the Haitian employees for a day, I am sure the passes are limited as we only saw two groups of 3-4 people each. That was a very nice touch of RCCL to do for them, both families looked extremely happy to be there. Thumbs up RCCL. I can imagine that maybe these day passes are given as incentives for good work?

Here is one of the groups

DSC06546_zps285ebfee.jpg

We finished our food and headed to the artisan market, not the village, just the market. Mom wanted to buy a souvenir for our traveling wall. Unfortunately this wall was started later on and I have missed a lot of locations, but its a tradition that is slowly growing.

Sorry about the fussy picture, I put my camera away and don't feel like unpacking it.

photo1_zps84137875.jpg

Ok so as previously stated, I hate high pressure situations and I was dreading going to the market, but mom wanted her souvenir to put on the wall. So we headed to the Artisans Market.

DSC06284_zpsafbb9830.jpg

This was a very safe place to purchase, no one will approach you to offer you anything, you can just walk around and do your thing. I liked it very much. That said my bf did actually go to the Artisans Village and it was pretty bad and so he claims. He had to say that he did not know english so people would leave him alone. He also said that if you have bags on your hands is even worse, because they know you're buying.

Anyway here are some pictures of the market.

DSC06527_zpsbe27e067.jpg

DSC06528_zpsa6afa3e3.jpg

DSC06530_zps639cdcb7.jpg

DSC06531_zps67751033.jpg

DSC06532_zps0a520488.jpg