Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC06543_zps4b0ee786.jpg

Here is the one she ended up buying, not my personal favorite. But it would do.

photo3_zps282af6fe.jpg

After that I was ready to go to the ship and enter a AC room to cool down. I was humid, full of sand and sticky from the salt water. These are on the way back to the pier.

DSC06544_zpsdd024523.jpg

DSC06545_zps7c92d4d2.jpg

DSC06549_zps68456566.jpg

DSC06552_zps5baa23ab.jpg

DSC06586_zpsf5a01221.jpg

DSC06588_zps88653428.jpg

You see how nice and clean it is now. I think they painted it.

DSC06596_zps1ee5c3e2.jpg

DSC06597_zpsda9a6f55.jpg

I can only imagine how many of these they use every month. Everyone had one, I think its $15 to rent one.

DSC06601_zps439e9456.jpg

The heavenly electric staircase, by now we were enjoying the full effect that AC has on ones body :-)

DSC06604_zpsb1414973.jpg

When we got to the room we found my bf there. Like I said my bf had gone to the village and bought two items. There is a lot of bargaining to be done there, my bf is not one to bargain, he believes asking price is the right price and even he managed to do pretty good. We paid full price on the little magnet piece, there is very little bargaining in the market price, people tried but no one succeeded. If you want to bargain go to the village

For his grand mother he got this base. Asking price $75, paid price $40

DSC06885_zps7b886607.jpg

And he bought this one for us. Well there was a problem with this piece, he had no knowledge that both mom and I are scared of masks like that. He was not happy when he found out.

Asking price $45, paid price $20

1_zpsb2219be4.jpg

So just like you guessed I spared no time to get into the shower, this was one time that I would of loved the shower to be very cold, but mild would had to do. I took a long shower and came out looking fresh and shinny. Mom did the same while I checked the emails and enjoyed a glass of wine.

After that we decided to go to the aft balcony and try to get some pictures of the other side of the island. Here are a few of the results.

DSC06605_zps6d6e7d50.jpg

Barefoot (private beach, for suits) then Nellie's

DSC06606-Edit_zps6cefb000.jpg

Columbus beach

DSC06606-Edit1_zpsade0bbaa.jpg

DSC06606_zps8fb14c8c.jpg

Edited by gambee

DSC06627_zpsb03e0efd.jpg

The little coaster.

DSC06631_zpsec31f9db.jpg

The jet ski tour starting, they had like a 10 second gap between each wave runner.

DSC06638_zps96e4a4c7.jpg

Ok friends I am going to get some coffee and continue in a little while. Hope you enjoyed this short set.

Edited by gambee

Gambee, Last time we were in Labadee it was such a pleasure to just walk back to the ship without having to tender. All our other visits there we had to tender and those lines were long!!! I like it the new way!!!

I would hate to tender there, this was our first time in Labadee. Plus I am not sure if they could ever tender an oasis class ship ;).

Similar to how your bf feels, I also really dislike (hate) hot weather so I will most likely not get off the ship in Labadee or go any further than the end of the pier to take a picture of the ship and go back aboard. Thanks for the great pictures!!! At least I know what I am missing! No plans for Cozumel or Falmouth either, just stay on the ship. I was there last December anyway on the Celebrity Millennium on my B2B. It was very hot in Falmouth.

DSC06659_zps2d2e8024.jpg

DSC06660_zps5396e85a.jpg

I did much better this time, I think I almost lasted 40 seconds, I did it two times and after a pretty bad wipeout on the second try I decided I had enough.

DSC06693_zpsb139e887.jpg

On our way out I tried the buggy board one as well. It was a lot of fun :)

DSC06780_zps2ec9e5bd.jpg

After all those wipe outs I was ready for a real cocktail, so I decided to make a quick stop at the flow rider bar. There was a very nice bartender there, I did not catch his name, but I know he was from India and had some very cool tattoos on him. I asked mom if she wanted something and she said no, but I knew better than that. So I played safe and ordered a long island ice tea and I got a drink of the day as well. She asked me why and I told her they were both for me, I was thirsty ;). And just like I thought she ended up drinking most of the drink of the day. lol.

DSC06846_zps9e00fc55.jpg

DSC06847_zpse205c825.jpg

We took our drinks and headed to the beach pool to chilax for a little while. I took some more pictures on the way there.

DSC06849_zpsd0bd57d3.jpg

DSC06851_zps990d8bc0.jpg

DSC06853_zps635a41c5.jpg

We stayed in the pool for little while, we got some really nice chairs under the shade.

DSC06866_zps2eeb6db4.jpg

Then I noticed everyone around me had a little ice-cream cone and boy did I want one. So I stood up and started walking, I really did not feel like looking for the machines so I asked a lady where they were. She explained and pointed to them, I said thank you and we were both on our way.

For those of you who don't know, one is located between the kids pool and the beach pool on the aft side of the island and there is another machine with different flavors in the port side of the ship as well, same location. If I can recall correctly, port has strawberry and starboard has vanilla and chocolate.

DSC06873_zpsfa9d1fa1.jpg

I got 2 strawberry cones and headed back to the pool.

DSC06861_zps7f8b41a5.jpg

After I had enough of my ice cream I decided to play a mild joke on mom, I put the leftover cone in her coke. It was funny when she went to take a sip of it and found my ice cream there. We had a quick laugh.

DSC06864_zps2c4a621d.jpg

DSC06868_zps8f472aae.jpg

As we sat there mom noticed something interesting. You can see in this picture how they use that canvas and wood to cover the steal structure of the ship, I really did not notice it until she mentioned it. It makes the space look very nice, nicely done RCCL.

DSC06869_zps913b9cf0.jpg

After that I told mom to lets go and try the hot dog stand, we had yet to do that.

On our way down

DSC06874_zps4061c750.jpg

DSC06877_zps8e288c6f.jpg

DSC06878_zpse03e0808.jpg

DSC06879_zpsd72733cc.jpg

DSC06880_zps8e4e0f77.jpg

I asked my mom if she wanted one and you know what she said, no thank you. So I got a dog, I have no Idea what I got, they should have pictures in that menu. Because I thought I ordered one thing and I got another. But it was still a very good dog, I loved it. Next thing I know mom asked me for some, she ended up eating half of it, lol.

DSC06881_zps8801c6a9.jpg

what would be your recommendation for an area to snorkel?

Labadee is not a good place to snorkel, I actually forgot my snorkel equipment on the ship and did not regret it. I saw a few people snorkeling out there, but I am sure what they saw limited. I read somewhere before that the best beach for that is barefoot, but that is a private beach. Second best is Nellie's. Hope that answers your question.

Similar to how your bf feels, I also really dislike (hate) hot weather so I will most likely not get off the ship in Labadee or go any further than the end of the pier to take a picture of the ship and go back aboard. Thanks for the great pictures!!! At least I know what I am missing! No plans for Cozumel or Falmouth either, just stay on the ship. I was there last December anyway on the Celebrity Millennium on my B2B. It was very hot in Falmouth.

You have to make plans for Cozumel, that is my new favorite place on EARTH!

I agree with your bf. The village is scary. The worse I have ever experienced in high pressure sales. The market where you went is very nice, though. We were there last in 2006 and I see that part has not changed at all!:eek: I do like the two wooden items he bought, though. Beautiful. I have a wooden plate I bought there hanging n my wall right now.