Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Next stop was Chops, I left my mom and bf in the park cafe in line waiting for the World Famous Roast beef. When I got there I was told to take seat and wait while he took care of the couple in front of me. I waited for about 4 minutes and then he called me over. I decided to make the reservation for night 6 at 6:30pm. I kind of made a mistake there but I did not realize it until much later.

These pictures were taken in Chops while waiting.

DSC04802_zpsc9c5d999.jpg

DSC04803_zps4e4314bd.jpg

DSC04804_zpsdf14f5c9.jpg

Then I headed to 150, there was a lady outside and she took care of me immediately. I had decided way before to make this reservation for our last night, I guess it was going to be our big closing finale for our cruise. Sorry I did not get any pictures at this time, but I did later on. I guess I was a little intimidated by the restaurant.

...My final recommendation is to go to the north inlet. I can guarantee you that with so many ships in port this will be an experience to remember. :)

Thanks! It will also make it easier to walk back to the hotel area for dinner as well as save on cab fare or a one-day rental.

Thanks! It will also make it easier to walk back to the hotel area for dinner as well as save on cab fare or a one-day rental.

that is what I would do. Don't let the rock situation stop you from going there, that side can also be safe if you stay off the rocks.

Your pics are incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Jeff

Thank you :)

Your pictures are incredible!

Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to the rest of your wonderful review.

Keep it coming!!

I plan to roll out the rest of day one by today.

Great job.......photos are awsome!!! Can't wait for more...........

Patty

thank you for the support :)

Ok so lets continue, after I got done with the reservations it was 12:51. I headed towards the park cafe to look for them, the place was a complete zoo. As I was trying to make my way into the cafe, when I saw my mom outside grabbing a table. We were lucky to get a table, a large amount of people were eating standing up.

So call it cliche, but I got the roast beef as did mom. We also got a fruit cup and the bf got a pork or turkey wrap. After eating chicken soup for the last 3 days I was ready to eat some real food.

The roast beef was very good, I enjoyed it very much. The bread was soft and the meat was tender, there bun had rock salt incrusted on the top. It also had some small black seed type things on it, I had them in the past but I could not figure out what they were. In any case I was not crazy about them, in my opinion they affected the overall taste of the sandwich negatively. Maybe someone else can say what they are?

DSC04805_zps3a96ff3d.jpg

Bf did not care much for the wrap, he said it was bland. I tried it and I thought it was loaded with flavor. The thing is that he likes his food with tons of hot sauce. I told him to bring his own, since the ship tends to carry one tabasco and he claims that is not real hot sauce. I am the total opposite, I never put hot sauce on anything, don't care for it.

DSC04806_zpsa2b70487.jpg

It is funny that I mention that people were eating standing up and I just noticed that empty table to the right, go figure :p

DSC04813-Edit_zpsd85402f3.jpg

I am sure everyone has seen this map by now.

DSC04817_zps13e0d99a.jpg

Edited by gambee

After lunch we made our way up to the pool area, mom and I wanted to check it out. The size of the ship is something that you cannot really comprehend by looking at pictures. It is simply too big to grasp, you need to experience it.

As I stood there taking pictures mom did not waste a minute, she saw a gentleman offering pina coladas and she went for one. In my opinion she wanted it more for the pictures so she could send to her family, than for the liquor. Because I will tell you something, if someone asked me, I would of told them it was a virgin pina colada. The only reason why I could not say that was because I saw him putting in a tinny floater of liquor on top. So as some of you could imagine I pulled the straw upwards to the top and took a small sip from there :D, mom was not happy about it, but she just lol.

DSC04820_zpsc703cc58.jpg

DSC04819_zps806c45d6.jpg

DSC04821_zpseb8aa273.jpg

DSC04822_zps00cb6471.jpg

There is our virgin pina colada.

DSC04825_zps823bf18b.jpg

At around 1:30 mom and I went our way, the bf was having a heat stroke and he wanted to stay indoors until the room became available at 2pm.

So we went our own way exploring the ship. First we did the pool deck.

DSC04828-Edit_zps054a8af0.jpg

Beach pool, my favorite.

DSC04833_zps7a20b38a.jpg

DSC04834_zpsaf57eec6.jpg

DSC04836_zps49c17d86.jpg

Ok maybe I don't pay attention to detail, but I never saw this current pool in any of the other reviews. So I took tons of pictures of it, I will post more later on. I wanted to try it, but it was in the kids area, so um yeah... I think I just passed on that idea.

DSC04838_zpsbae3f20d.jpg

Next up we decided to stop in the windjammer, it was HUGE. I am really not sure what people complain about, there are two sides to it and there is usually one RCCL employee waiting outside and he finds you a table in seconds. Very efficient and lots of food choices, I will post more pictures as the week goes by, these are the only ones I took that day.

DSC04839_zpse88c7b32.jpg

It's so funny that I got this guy here, later I take a picture of him and his wife with the same shirts :D

DSC04841_zpsa093d89a.jpg

DSC04842_zps0aa6792b.jpg

DSC04843_zpsbf85a09a.jpg

DSC04844_zps1f1d5f2d.jpg

After the windjammer we decided to go the Royal Promenade, since we just rushed through it when we boarded the ship. Let me just stop here and make a comment. Up to last day when we were getting off the ship, I could see things that I did not noticed before. There are so many details to enjoy here, take your time and look around, it's full of surprises.

DSC04845_zps589769f9.jpg

DSC04846-Edit_zps357dadb5.jpg

We made our way to the Boardwalk and noticed the bar in the back. I needed a real drink, so I got a Long Island Ice tea and I got my mom a drink of the day, if I remember correctly it was a Bahama mama.

DSC04849_zps87089a1b.jpg

DSC04853_zps2dfe0cb8.jpg

DSC04854_zpsac0619fe.jpg

The servers were doing a little dance outside of the restaurant.

DSC04851_zps73067293.jpg

We sat there for a little while enjoying the view and our drinks, mom was using her ipad and I was just people watching. Then we noticed if we went one flight of stairs we might have a better view and so we did that and we ended up in the rock climbing deck. We sat there and as she used her ipad I decided to snap a few pictures from there and this is what I got.

DSC04860_zps3f745e68.jpg

DSC04865_zps72c5ee01.jpg

DSC04870_zpsb965347e.jpg

DSC04871_zps7b4ced16.jpg

DSC04877_zps160680e0.jpg

Washing the balcony glass.

DSC04880_zpse3d35564.jpg

At 2:19 pm I called my bf and he told me he was in the room and that 1 bag was missing, it was my bag. I did not get worried at all since I know that they can deliver bags until late. But he was a little congested about it, it really did not matter. I had some clothes in my mom bag, even if it was lost I would be able to work around it.

At that time we decided to make our way up to the room and check it out, as we were walking there mom said "it feels like a city" she had in that moment described the ship perfectly.

The room first impressions were good, maybe a little small for 3 but it would had to do. I did not take any pictures at this time because my bf had already opened the bags and the room was a complete mess. But no worries I even got a video of the room that I will post later on.

I headed to the balcony and admired everything. I will make a comment now and please don't take it personal. In our opinion the best way to do the Allure is with a balcony, the ship is so enclosed that to feel connected with the ocean you really need it. I understand if you can't, but if the possibility exists that you can expand your budget a little more, please do it and get an ocean balcony. That said, I would travel in her any way possible!

DSC04903_zps85889fac.jpg

I also immediately noticed that they had updated the balcony door with the new system that you can lock the door from the outside and the AC could keep on running.

DSC04902_zps1a998120.jpg

Picture from our balcony

DSC04904_zpsbbd13575.jpg

At this point we decided to put door decorations up. I decided to do door decorations at the last minute, I figured it would be a good idea to try help the child in be free. Plus I know mom liked the idea, this was the final result.

DSC04906_zpsa8b29e3d.jpg

DSC04907_zps7c899e11.jpg

Attached is the CC door sign for those interested in it.

doorsign.pdf

I'm lovin' your review! Thank you.

I had to laugh about your comment regarding the kid's current whirlpool. You should have tried it! We did on Freedom OTS and it was a blast. We fully intend to use it on Allure in April-kids or no kids.

Sorry like I siad this is a long process, I think it will be my part time job for the next few weeks. I was scanning some 100 pages of compasses and other documents. I'll try to speed up as I go, but I also want to quality material.

This is something a little complicated, it seems like depending on the screen size of your comp people have different experiences. I ended up picking this one because most cc goers were ok with it in other reviews. And I also want to do the pictures justice. Let me see how it goes and I will adapt depending on requests. Deal?

You're doing a fantastic job. I'm enjoying your reviewicon14.gificon14.gif

Please don't stop and continue just they way you are now. Great review and very interesting pictures. Perhaps I missed a previous post, but how did you get those special effects that make everything look like a Hollywood miniature? What a cool effect.

OWD

This is one of the best reviews written. Please keep going with ALL details. I love it!!!! My husband and I will be on Allure January 27th and I love hearing the adult perspective. I am so excited about this cruise and your review is adding to it. I agree oceanview balcony is the way to go on the Oasis or Allure to connect with the water!