Temperatures in dining and entertainment areas

RobinSie

I suppose it also depends where you are cruising to and the time of year. We were Canaries in April and in the evenings it was much warmer inside the dining areas than outside.

No need for wraps, shrugs etc. Sandals & sleeveless were required.

Six years ago on the Spirit, I was freezing in all the public rooms. Even a sweater wasn't enough to keep me warm. On the Jewel last week the public rooms were a reasonable temperature, though I'd brought a sweater and did wear it each time just in case.

I'm wondering what the temps are like in the MDRs and entertainment venues. My DD and I tend to get chilly, so do we need to pack sweaters for these areas?

Thanks for your response.

Robin

I think your question says it all. You tend to get chilly. Pack accordingly. Go by your own experience. Go by what you experience in other hotels and restaurants.

I always find the aircon way too cold on the NCL ships. If you're a healthy weight you'll be cold inside. I think they make it cold to allow for the very overweight people. I turn it down in my room and go outside a lot to warm up! We found ourselves doing heaps of dancing at night just to keep ourselves warm on our last cruise. Also wore a cardigan to dinner in the MDR.

As others have posted, this is very subjective, but I definitely recommend that you be prepared for cool environments in some of the venues. Also, you'll probably want to have something to wear for late night strolls around the upper decks- very romantic unless you're freezing in the wind.

NCL stores sell synthetic pashmimas (spelling???) for around $10 (and sweatshirts, etc). Sometimes they have lovely multi-colored ones that can "go" with any outfit but fold up fairly small for easy handling and packing.

Since you classify yourself as someone who gets chilly, definitely pack a sweater or wrap.

Personally I think the temps resemble meat locker. I have never so much as been comfortable, let alone warm, in an indoor venue at night on the ship.

Even with a sweater, I pilfer DH's sports coat. Thank heavens that even with resort casual, he wears a jacket simply so I can steal it. :D

Archived