Who's cruising "The Med" in 2006?

jourdanfamily, there is a lot of information available on this board regarding shore excursions, private tours, trip reviews, etc., so it will help you to scroll through the threads and read what is of interest to you. I also recommend you go to the Carnival Roll Call Forum and introduce yourself on the thread for your sailing. You're certain to get lots of advice regarding your specific itinerary there.

Have a great cruise!

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

June 24, 2006

We've booked the following shore excursions:

Sorrento & Amalfi Coast in Naples; Panoramic Tour by Motorlaunch and Murano, St. George's Island & Gondola Tour in Venice; Best of Dubrovnik in Croatia; Messina City Tour in Sicily; Gothic City Tour in Barcelona; and Florence & Pisa with Tower Entrance in Livorno. We've not booked anything for Cannes.

We are booked on NCL Jewel for September 15th out of Istanbul to Athens, with 3 days in Istanbul prior to the cruise and 2 days in Athens after. It's our 25th anniversary. Life is sweet indead. There was no second thought when we received the brochure from NCL back in September 2005.

November 4, 2006 Voyager of the Seas - Barcelona RT. First overseas cruise and trip, we have NO CLUE what we are doing!

mstelly -- My family and I will be on the same cruise. Hard to believe it's just 5 months away. Can't wait. It'll also be my first time to Europe, but not the first cruise. The trip should be amazing.

mstelly -- My family and I will be on the same cruise. Hard to believe it's just 5 months away. Can't wait. It'll also be my first time to Europe, but not the first cruise. The trip should be amazing.

And your from Texas also, this has to be a great cruise! Our first to Europe but probably our 25th cruise! We will be travelling with 2 other couples! The only thing that I am dreading is the flight!

We will be in Austin this weekend for some softball playoff games.

Hi Jennifer,

What a coincidence. You are in for a surprise!

About 2 years ago I started Alamo Cruisers. At the beginning, there were about 60-70 people on the list. As time goes by, some have gone their ways.

We meet quarterly and have a great time. We always have a dinner, and of course, lots of stories of our cruises, where we're going, our favorite excursions, etc. By the way, we also talk about other topics, but it is usually Cruising.

Please join us with you other half. (children not allowed).

Are you interested??

Here is how to get to our thread:

Go to Fun Stuff, then Floataway Lounge, and look for our thread. It will read:

Any Cruisers Out There In San Antonio?????

Our list is still growing and we'd love to have you with us. The next get together is coming and you'll find the date, time, and location.

If you don't like it, that's OK.

If you'd like, e-mail me at

LRH@satx.rr.com

Hope to see you soon,

Lois/Cruzzer

Jennifer,

Oh, I forgot!

DH and I are sailing out of Barcelona-Fort Lauderdale 16 nights

on the Millennium

Nov. 24th, 2006...just a little after your cruise.

My sister and her DH are also going with us!

Have a great weekend,

Lois

My wife and I are doing a Transatlantic starting in Rome doing Livorno, Cannes, Barcelona, Cartegena and Gibralter in the Med and then Cascablanca and Madeira before crossing to Ft Lauderdale and ending in New Orleans. We leave Rome Nov 29 and get to New Orleans on Dec 17. We are flying over early to spend several days in and around Rome before the cruise.

I have a Yahoo group site set up for this cruise with information on the ports we are visiting including a section on Rome, if anyone is interested. Here is the link to it.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goldenprincesstransatlanticnov2006/

And here is a link to our roll call here at Cruise Critic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263842

Have a great next cruise.

Archived