Who's cruising "The Med" in 2006?

Hi this Kristy loves to travel's mother-in-law carolyn....I have been trying to post on this site but have been having some problems....anyway we are going to the mediterrean june 4th on brillance with my son Ron and his wife Kristy...I am the great traveler...would love to hear from you

Hi this Kristy loves to travel's mother-in-law carolyn....I have been trying to post on this site but have been having some problems....anyway we are going to the mediterrean june 4th on brillance with my son Ron and his wife Kristy...I am the great traveler...would love to hear from you

Hi Carolyn,

We are from the thread that KRISTY is on for our cruise on the Brilliance June 4th.... I am sending you the link so maybe you will find us and start posting, would love to hear from you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5188275#post5188275

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST, I FORGOT THE LINK.....

I will try to find the thread...but for now this is the only way I can reply...We are Carolyn and Robert and we have been traveling since 1988...we are both still working and love history and art...I have aan art background..do some artwork myself...and now our son and daughter-in-law have the bug to travel...three years ago we took them to Italy where Ron proposed to kristy on the isle of Capri...our other son and his wife are people who like to stay at home ..they have a daughter Mallory Rose who will be two...she is the absolute love of our lives...tell me about you...will try that link later carolyn

ok here I am...I hope this is where I am supposed to be...tell me about yourselves and why you chose to go on this cruise Brillance to the Mediterrean....have you sailed with Royal caribbean before? we just came back from two weeks in Hawaii...was there 11 years ago but this time we stayed a few days on the beach then took a cruise... By the way .. Happy Thanksgiving will talk more carolyn

Just a fluff thread to find out who is all booked on a Mediterranean cruise in 2006. Feel free to share the ship and/ or cruise line you are sailing, your dates and anything else you want.

We are booked on: NCL Jewel, May 21, 2006, R/T Barcelona and it will be just me and DH. We are leaving our 3 DDs home with Grandma.

I am very excited and looking forward to the many months of planning ahead. :)

We are booked on the NCL Jewel sailing from Athens on Sep-7-06 with stops at various Greek islands, Alexandria Egypt, Izmir Turkey, and ending up in Istanbul. I, like you, am very excited and am looking forward to the many months of planning! This is a trip my husband and I have dreamed about for quite awhile. :)

• 2 weeks later...
2003 Corvette-

I did book this a few weeks ago as a matter of fact. I hope i got a good price but i am getting shipboard credit.This appears to be a very good cruise so i look foward to going. Glad to hear someone else is going on it. Have you seen a roll call for it???

Hey! I'm booked on the Liberty for 9/28/06 as well!

I made a roll call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263101

Hubby and I are on LOS 24th June 14 night Classic Med. Really fancy the Brilliance ports but the only RCCL ship crusiing on 3rd July (my 50th help!!!!) was LOS and also LOS departs from Southampton here in the UK which is only about 40 min drive (20 min on a good day) from home. Had enough of airports and flying for a while.

Is there anyone out there for 24th June on LOS. I think I have started a Meet and Mingle thread but there is no one. Perhaps we have the ship to ourslelves. Wow.

We are booked on the NCL Jewel sailing from Athens on Sep-7-06 with stops at various Greek islands, Alexandria Egypt, Izmir Turkey, and ending up in Istanbul. I, like you, am very excited and am looking forward to the many months of planning! This is a trip my husband and I have dreamed about for quite awhile. :)

Oops! TYPO! The departure date is September 27, 2006! :o :p

HI:

I have posted earlier on this thread, now we have signed up for an additional 8 days on the Brilliance of the Seas Barcelona to Barcelona. A whole 20 days cruising....Hooray!! From September 12th until October 2nd. We have arranged with shipmates to do three private tours on the 12 day and all of the 8 day cruise we will do on our own.

Snowbird

• 2 weeks later...

After much agonizing, comparing, rationalizing, etc. I finally booked the May 30, 2006 Century for 9 days. Couldn't make up my mind. Hope I didn't make a wrong choice. I've sailed with Celebrity before and my last cruise was with Princess. Too bad I'm not rich - I could have just booked several back to back cruises and saved myself a lot of worry!

Hi and Happy New Year to everyone,

My husband and I will be on the Millennium to the Med, Barcelona to Venice departing on July 1, 2006. We have booked some private tours in the ports. Does anyone want to join us? We have room for 2 - 4 people. All of the tours were recommended on these boards. Details are on Celebrity Connections board for the cruise. In addition, we have today booked our full day tour of Rome in a private van with a guide from limoinrome, 4-6 people total for a cost of 500 Euro.That's about $100 per person for 6.

We hope to hear from you.

Helen and Stan

Hey all..hope you don't mind me posting here..I was reading this thread and wondering how you all decided which cruise/cruiseline to take for a mediterranean cruise?

We have only cruised once so far...just came back from Tahitian Princess a few months back and 2006 our plans was to see Europe..mostly Italy..by land..but now that we are talking about it..we are thinking maybe a cruise so we can see a few more countries..just worried it will be too rushed at each port and we won't see much as opposed to travelling in the country by train, car,etc. Still torn.

My DH really liked Princess and feels we should stick with Princess for our next cruise as well. I did find the Grand Princess either July 27th or Sept 13th sailing from Venice to Barcelona that looks like a great itinerary...but I am open to other ships..

So how did you all choose?

Archived