Who's cruising "The Med" in 2006?

We are booked on the Golden Princess for June 15. We are 4 couples who met on an Alaskan cruise in 2004 and call ourselves "the family". Had a great time then and we are certainly planning to have another GREAT trip. I have already booked our private tours with the highly recommended drivers in four of the major ports. Thanks to these message boards!!!!!:D

We are booked on the new Noordam for May 21st - Rome to Rome.

Add us to the growing list of people who are cuising the Med for their 25th anniversary.

We decided today to book a cruise on the Noordam in May 2006. Just started the homework--what airline did you book and what type of cabin? We're thinking about a VA or SS aft.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Our only cruise experience on HAL was our Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam in May/June.

• 1 month later...

Just booked the 14-day Regatta departing Istanbul 4/23/06.

We are 4 couples (3 from Jacksonville, FL and 1 from Gaithersburg, MD), all in our 50s/60s.

Looking for others booked on this cruise (I know they're out there as we booked some of the last cabins available) and also any information/advice for ports for this itinerary: Istanbul, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Delos, Mykonos, Sontorini, Athens, Amalfi/Positano, Taormina, Kotor/Montenegro, Dubrovnik, and Venice (whew! I think we're going to be exhausted after all that - may have to take another cruise to recuperate)

All of us have been to other parts of Europe and the Med but have longed to see this part of the world.

Let the planning begin!

We're (family of 3) booked on Carnival Liberty on June 24, 2006. We cruised extensively in the past, stopped for 7 years, took a Caribbean cruise this year, and instantly got reminded why we used to love cruising! Can't wait. I have started to research whether to do the ports on our own or hire private drivers. I am now actively looking at airfares.

I have read through 5 pages and I guess I am the first to post my Med cruise. We are going on the Golden Princess to the Greek Isles and Mediterranean (Rome to Venice). I have already put together a HUGE notebook. I have information on all the ports already. Do I sound anxious?:confused:

Even though I leave in 33 days for my Canada/New England cruise, my heart is in the Med. I read a thread from joyride who mentioned this cruise and I decided to contact her and even used her travel agent who is a member of CC. She is fantastic and so "gung ho" on cruising. I was able to get in on her group rates.

I hope someone else out there will be on our cruise too!!!

See ya,

Hi Everyone!

We are booked on the Millennium, October 17, 2006, Venice to Barcelona for our Honeymoon:) We are getting married on the 7th of October and leaving the following weekend. We plan to spend a few extra days in Venice before the cruise.

Nicole and Craig

Hi Everyone!

We are booked on the Millennium, October 17, 2006, Venice to Barcelona for our Honeymoon:) We are getting married on the 7th of October and leaving the following weekend. We plan to spend a few extra days in Venice before the cruise.

Nicole and Craig

WE ARE ALSO BOOKED ON THAT CRUISE :) ...WE HAVE A ROLL CALL GOING,COME JOIN US

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=182611

We plan to book the Brillance of the Seas on the Med Venice Cruise. Did you book online or can I get a better price somewhere else. We are in our 50s and never been on a cruise before nor have we been to Europe before. Anyone with any help on booking the actual cruise to the drivers[i didn't know I needed them] to the best tours, please let me know on this site or at lucylucy2@mac.com Thanks so much.

We plan to book the Brillance of the Seas on the Med Venice Cruise. Did you book online or can I get a better price somewhere else. We are in our 50s and never been on a cruise before nor have we been to Europe before. Anyone with any help on booking the actual cruise to the drivers[i didn't know I needed them] to the best tours, please let me know on this site or at lucylucy2@mac.com Thanks so much.

YOU CAN JOIN US WE ALREADY HAVE SOME TOURS GOING.WE ARENT ALLOWED TO ANSWER OR TALK ABOUT TRAVEL AGENTS ON HERE BUT I THINK I CAN SAY THAT I DO BOOK ONLINE FOR THE BEST DEALS.YOU PICKED AN EXCELLENT CRUISE FOR YOUR FIRST ONE.GO READ THE EUROPE BOARDS THERE ARE POST ABOUT WHICH IS THE BEST ITINERARYS AND CRUISE SHIPS FOR THE MED IT MIGHT HELP YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND

Myself and 2 cousins are on VOS for her first season in Med.It will be a long wait.Just booked Daniele from Driverinrome for Rome tour and Marcello from SeeSorrento for Naples. I like to be organised early and then sit back.Both these companies come highly regarded so I'm sure we will be in good hands and have a great time. We might be able to fit a few more in with us?;)

• 3 weeks later...

We did a 14 day Athens - Rome in June/04 and absolutely loved it. We decided in February of this year that we just had to go back and booked our cabin on HAL's Rotterdam.

kinghw: You're going on the same trip as we are, except you'll be doing it in the spring - I'd be anxious to hear your reports on the ship, as well as the ports. We've sailed with Holland America twice before and thoroughly enjoyed the ship, the service, and the ports.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

My DH myself and some friends are all on the Brilliance of the Seas June 4th 2006, Greek Islands....

This is our second cruise in the Med, the first in the Greek Isles...fab itinerary...

We have a thread going already so if you are on this cruise please join in....

My husband and I are going on the Brilliance Med cruise next September 20th. We will be doing the Venice itinerary. We did the Brilliance last year with the Greek Isle itinerary and it was AMAZING!!! Anyone want any specific information or advice, just email me at 'sburbank35@aol.com'

Keep in contact with all of your cruise critic people that are going to be cruising with... sign up for Meet and Mingle if you are cruising with Royal Caribbean... we met some amazing people and had such a great time.

Archived