Who's cruising "The Med" in 2006?

We are set up on the Millie Barcelona to Venice on 5/14/06. There are currently 3 couples going who have traveled together a number of times and look forward to this cruise next spring.

We are on the Brilliance, 12 day RT from Barcelona on 09/20/06. If there is anyone else, there is a thread started on the Meet and Mingle. Come and sign up! Am really looking forward to this cruise. I guess you could call this a gift to us for our 37th anniversary. Did the Summit 10 day Ultimate Caribbean for our 36th! But am really looking forward to the Med. next year.

Pooh

We are set up on the Millie Barcelona to Venice on 5/14/06. There are currently 3 couples going who have traveled together a number of times and look forward to this cruise next spring.

Glad to see someone else going on the 5/14/06 Millennium Barcelona to Venice Cruise. We have 4 couples cruising, and we also have travelled together.

We're all looking forward to this cruise, and are starting to plan our private tours.

Mari

Our family of five booked today - 12 day med cruise on the Liberty departing May 7, 2006! It will be to celebrate our 25th Anniversary (May 2). Hubby will turn 50 on our final day and my oldest daughter will turn 17 part way through the cruise. We'll be ordering cakes about every third day!

We have never cruised before, but I am spending countless hours pouring over these boards in an effort to learn! Sure appreciate everyones expertise.

Am most anxious to hear from Liberty cruisers headed to the Med. this summer.

I looked at the Liberty for the may 7th/06 cruise but my TA is putting together a group cruise on the Liberty for Sept 16/06 so we think we will go on that one.

Will be nice to have someone other than me being the Travel Fairy for my group which generally numbers 8+

Once we finally make up our minds about ship / date / itinerary and actually make a deposit I will be really excited.

We are also on the Millie June 19 Venice to Barcelona. Along with 3 other couples, this will be our first trip to Europe. We are very excited!

Glad to see there will others joining us! I have been looking for a Roll Call board, but I think it's too early.

You will love Europe...and Celebrity is wonderful, too!

We are on Galaxy here for 6/12/06. We are in our late 40's and will have our daughter and a friend of hers. We have booked a CC cabin on Sky Deck and they have the room across the hall. We have sailed Celebrity twice and love it and we are also looking forward to the year of planning the tours and just having a relaxing time. Scott

Glad to see there will others joining us! I have been looking for a Roll Call board, but I think it's too early.

You will love Europe...and Celebrity is wonderful, too!

I haven't found a roll call for us yet either...maybe we'll have to start one! Thanks for the encouraging words....can you tell me where the best place to start is as we try to decide about cruise tours vs. private drivers vs. taxis? There's so much to see and so many ways to get there...some sound more complicated than others! Also, we haven't quite figured out a post-cruise hotel in Barcelona...have you stayed there before?

I haven't found a roll call for us yet either...maybe we'll have to start one! Thanks for the encouraging words....can you tell me where the best place to start is as we try to decide about cruise tours vs. private drivers vs. taxis? There's so much to see and so many ways to get there...some sound more complicated than others! Also, we haven't quite figured out a post-cruise hotel in Barcelona...have you stayed there before?

Lindan~ You are definitely in the right place to start sorting it out! You are fortunate that you are cruising with 3 other couples, so if you all agree about the places that you want to visit, then you've already got a nice # of people to split the tour cost with. You won't have to search for others to share with in order to lower the cost of private tours. I would probably start by comparing Celebrity's excursion prices (they have a list on their website) with the cost pp to hire a guide. Pick a couple of companies recommended on this board and have them email you a quote. In our case, we found that our private drivers cost less than the ship tours with just 5 people sharing the expense. Keep in mind that with private drivers, you will have to pay admission fees to the sites such as the Parthenon, Pompeii, etc. Even so, we still found it more affordable to hire drivers vs. the ship tour.

Our last cruise was our first time in Europe, so we wanted to see as much as possible since we were only in most ports for 1 day. We hired private drivers for Naples (Amalfi coast & Pompeii), Athens, Rome, Florence, & France. Dubrovnik, Venice, and Santorini we did on our own. Keep in mind that the ship tours take big buses into the city. Buses aren't allowed into the city centers in Rome and Florence, so you have to do tons of walking to even reach the sites. With the limited time we had, this just wasn't an option for us. Also, in some areas (France especially) the people love to go on strike. This happened to us when we were in France last year. Fortunately, we had pre-booked our driver so we didn't have to worry about finding a taxi, but others weren't so lucky.

We didn't do a post-cruise stay in Barcelona, so I'm not any help there. But please let me know if you have any other questions. The planning is almost as fun as the trip itself!

Actually we (3 couples) are booked on two Med cruises in May 2006 cuz we can't make up our minds as to the ship, intinerary and cost. The Mille and the Brillance of the Seas. Hard to believe that Renee has drivers/tours booked already. I thought we were organized! So much fun planning...

We (3 couples) are going to the Med in May of 2006. We just can't decide on which shipt to go on! The BOS (5-23-2006) or Celebrity's Mille (5-26-2006). The stops are just about the same, but the Mille is from Venice to Barcelona, the BOS is Barcelona to Barcelona, with one less in stop in Greece. Of course, the Mille is more expensive. Just can't decide.

Renee, when you booked your drivers, did you have to give a deposit? Do you remember what their return policy is? We love the year planning the trip ALMOST as much as the trip itself!

Anita

Our family of five booked today - 12 day med cruise on the Liberty departing May 7, 2006! It will be to celebrate our 25th Anniversary (May 2). Hubby will turn 50 on our final day and my oldest daughter will turn 17 part way through the cruise. We'll be ordering cakes about every third day!

We have never cruised before, but I am spending countless hours pouring over these boards in an effort to learn! Sure appreciate everyones expertise.

Am most anxious to hear from Liberty cruisers headed to the Med. this summer.

I will be sure to bring Liberty over to you in one piece :) Sounds like you will have lots to Celebrate!

We are booked on the Millennium October 29, 2006 for12 nights that go from Barcelona to Nice then onto Italy, Greece and Croatia before ending up in Venice Italy.

This will be our first trip to Europe, and needless to say the anticipation is awesome.

We booked Concierge Class, on the AFT so we will be able to see both sides of the port as we enter and depart….so don’t be mad if I keep this grin :D on my face for the next 500+ days

always

joeyanddavid

We have aft cabins 9162 and 9160 booked for the Mille on the May 26th 2006 cruise. Have heard nothing but good things about the aft cabins and the CC class. We were on the Summit to Alaska and loved the ship. Our first time to Europe...

Not decided yet,I want to go on Voyager of the Seas from Barcelona,probably 16 Sept 06 then on to UK.My friend who wants to come as well is on the Diamond in Alaska at the moment so when she returns we will talk it out.It is such a big trip from Australia and expensive too.I was going to go on this ship or similar to the Caribbean.Then found out that it was going to Barcelona so I will get to go on the ship and visit relatives in UK as well! Double Delight! I have seen most of the Ports but don't mind seeing Europe again,there is so much to see.It is the ship I'm interested in most.You are so lucky over there that you can easily go on so many huge beautiful ships.It makes my blood boil when I read negative remarks some pax say about them,they don't know how lucky they are to experience them.Frankiesmom I shall be keeping a watch on how your trip went as you are before me! All have a great time :D

joeyanddavid

We have aft cabins 9162 and 9160 booked for the Mille on the May 26th 2006 cruise. Have heard nothing but good things about the aft cabins and the CC class. We were on the Summit to Alaska and loved the ship. Our first time to Europe...

OMG.. i need film footage .. we have 9160!! :D

That is so cool.

DW and I are doing the GRAND MED. ON THE GRAND PRINCESS 5/28/06 AND CAN HARDLY WAIT. IT'S GONNA BE A LONG-LONG YEAR !

NAS-KARR,

Guess we'll wave as we pass one another on the "gangplank" in Barcelona. Our group disembarks on the 28th, just before you board! We'll leave the lights on for ya!

Archived