Who's cruising "The Med" in 2006?

We (3 couples) are going to the Med in May of 2006. We just can't decide on which shipt to go on! The BOS (5-23-2006) or Celebrity's Mille (5-26-2006). The stops are just about the same, but the Mille is from Venice to Barcelona, the BOS is Barcelona to Barcelona, with one less in stop in Greece. Of course, the Mille is more expensive. Just can't decide.

Renee, when you booked your drivers, did you have to give a deposit? Do you remember what their return policy is? We love the year planning the trip ALMOST as much as the trip itself!

Anita

Hi Anita, I did not have to give a deposit for any of my drivers, most have a 48hr cancelation policy. I did have to give my credit card info to hold a reservation for a wine tasting/lunch that Papillon tours arranged for us. I also love the planning. It's so fun to find the little morsels of info to make a great trip even better!

I'm just updating here. We're now going to book the June 12th - had to change from the May 22nd Galaxy cruise due to our nephew's graduation next May 31st from the AF Academy. Just waiting from one TA for pricing then will book this week!

Looking forward to all the planning!

Monica :D

My mom (54) and I (18) are booked on the Prinsendam's Adriatic Jewels voyage from Rome to Istanbul. 16 days on August 30th, 2006.

We're totally booked, including a 4-day pre-cruise tour with HAL in Rome.

It will be my second cruise and her third, but it will be the first time in Europe for both of us.

We can't wait!

joeyanddavid

We have aft cabins 9162 and 9160 booked for the Mille on the May 26th 2006 cruise. Have heard nothing but good things about the aft cabins and the CC class. We were on the Summit to Alaska and loved the ship. Our first time to Europe...

Well I better take good care of those cabins, because we have CC 9201, 9164, 9162 and 9160 on the Millennium on 5/14/06.

We always book the aft cabins, and they are fabulous.

Mari

We booked on the Golden for May 22, 2006, Venice to Rome. This will be our first trip over the pond so I have a lot of homework and research to do. I'm hoping we'll be able to do some ports on our own to save some money. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears! Our ports are: Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Katakolon, Athens, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Santorini, Naples, Rome. Thanks for any tips!!!

We are also on the Millennium Barcelona to Venice on May 14. I read my travel guides each night before bed and just get more excited. We applied for our passports this weekend (which shows how much traveling we have done). Mari, how are you deciding between the excursions and private drivers? Thanks.

We are also on the Millennium Barcelona to Venice on May 14. I read my travel guides each night before bed and just get more excited. We applied for our passports this weekend (which shows how much traveling we have done). Mari, how are you deciding between the excursions and private drivers? Thanks.

Hi,

We are also very excited about cruising on the Millennium.

I have booked all our tours with private drivers. We are a group of nine, and really like the idea of freestyle touring. We also liked the idea of being in vans rather than a large bus. The vans get you closer to many of the sites.

In France we are using: Michel Legrand

http://www.revelation-tours.com/sites.html,

RevelationTours@aol.com

In Florence and Rome we are using:Claudio Caponera

www.limoinrome.com

claudio@limoinrome.com

In Naples we are using:Salvatore Lucibello

DriveAmalfi

nfo@driveamalfi.com

In Athens we are using: Paul

http://www.*****/

admin@*****

Hope this helps.

Mari

We are kicking off the Med season on the GRand from Houston to Rome. Having done the Grand Med itinerary this summer, we're following the Greek Isles itineraru this summer.

The 19 day transatlantic adds some interesting Spanish, African and Italian ports...as well as Gibraltar and my old fav Florence.

neurogirl,

I forgot to mention that we are doing Santorini and Dubrovnik on our own.

I've read that these are easy ports to navigate on your own.

In Athens we may just do the half day tour, still deciding on that.

I know a lot of folks share vans, so if you are interested you may want to contact the tour companies and find out what's available.

On land trips we always do our own touring, but with only a short time in each port I feel more comfortable with private excursions.

Mari

Hi,

Thought many folks reading this thread might be interested in knowing that Princess is having a $100 booking special, and this includes Med cruises. The special expires on Friday 24 June. Our group TA for our Cruise Critic Grand Med Grand Princess cruise 16 May '06 confirmed this just now:

• $100 deposit per person (instead of the normal $600 per person for lengthy cruises)
  • $120 coupon booklet
  • available cabin upgrades

For those of you who are considering a Princess Med cruise, there are many Princess Med cruises to choose. Possibly you'd consider looking at our Grand Med Venice-to-Barcelona leaving Venice on 16 May? We have a wonderful group of folks, we're sharing TONS of Med research info, and we're already booking shore excursions. For details on our cruise, including travel agent contact info and pricing details, see the links below my signatures, and... wherever you cruise, hope it's wonderful! :)

Hi,

We are also very excited about cruising on the Millennium.

I have booked all our tours with private drivers. We are a group of nine, and really like the idea of freestyle touring. We also liked the idea of being in vans rather than a large bus. The vans get you closer to many of the sites.

In France we are using: Michel Legrand

http://www.revelation-tours.com/sites.html,

RevelationTours@aol.com

In Florence and Rome we are using:Claudio Caponera

www.limoinrome.com

claudio@limoinrome.com

In Naples we are using:Salvatore Lucibello

DriveAmalfi

nfo@driveamalfi.com

In Athens we are using: Paul

http://www.*****/

admin@*****

Hope this helps.

Mari

Hi Mari,

I'm using all the same drivers for our Oct 2006 Brillance cruise. Would love to hear how things go for you in May. If you have time please e-mail me when you return.

Thanks, Renee nvbabette1@comcast.net

Hi,

We are booked on the October 24, 2006 Brilliance. We have traveled to Europe before but this our first Mediterranean cruise. Really would like get a few couples together to lock in some private tours. Especially interested in private tours for Rome and Naples and maybe Florence. Hope to hear from someone on the 10/24 Brilliance.

Marty and Karen

Hi Mari,

I'm using all the same drivers for our Oct 2006 Brillance cruise. Would love to hear how things go for you in May. If you have time please e-mail me when you return.

Thanks, Renee nvbabette1@comcast.net

Hi Renee,

I put your email address in my book. I'll give you a full report upon our return.

If there is anything in particular you want me to find out, just let me know.

Mari

I'm booked on the Brilliance 10/02/06 as a single so far. Still trying to talk my sister into joining me. I've been on 12 Caribbean cruises but this will be my first Med one.

We will be celebrating my nieces 15th birthday aboard the Jewel, sailing June 18, 2006.

So far 17 cabins booked for the big event.

Such excitement and only what . . . 359 DAYS to go.

Archived