Who's cruising "The Med" in 2006?

Just a fluff thread to find out who is all booked on a Mediterranean cruise in 2006. Feel free to share the ship and/ or cruise line you are sailing, your dates and anything else you want.

We are booked on: NCL Jewel, May 21, 2006, R/T Barcelona and it will be just me and DH. We are leaving our 3 DDs home with Grandma.

I am very excited and looking forward to the many months of planning ahead. :)

I am booked on Brillance of the Seas 13 day Mediterranean cruise roundtrip out of Barcelona with stops in Villefranche, Livorno, Rome, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Santorni, Athens and Naples from July 22 - August 3, 2006!

I can't wait! Only 350+ days to go!

36_2_35.gif

DAH and I are honeymooning on the Grand Princess leaving Venice 16 May and visiting Istanbul, Kusadasi (Ephesus), Athens, Mykonos, Naples, Civitavecchia (Rome), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Marseille (Provence, France), and Barcelona.

12 days (2 at sea) of cruising and a lifetime of memories.

If anyone is interested, we've got a cruise critic group going.

Here's our forum link:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=168288&page=3&pp=25

Here's our pricing, details link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=74

And if you feel like participating in our poll, we're trying to name our group at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=176247

DH and I will be on the Grand departing Venice Sep 13/06, and we are also celebrating our 25th. We did the Med last year (on the Brilliance) with the entire family, but we're looking forward to going back and seeing some of the things we missed. It is simply awesome!

Grand Princess, with husband and three kids. Venice to Barcelona, departing July 27th. Already planned most of it!

How early do you think I can book tours with the independent guides? I don't want them to think I'm crazy if I e-mail them now.

I have already booked my private drivers for Oct 06. Some may think I'm crazy, but I got all my first choice in drivers! Just be sure to emphasize that its for 2006 not 2005.

Renee

I have already booked my private drivers for Oct 06. Some may think I'm crazy, but I got all my first choice in drivers! Just be sure to emphasize that its for 2006 not 2005.

Renee

Wow!! I don't think you're crazy. As a matter of fact, I'm impressed and envious. I have just started my planning and I am still gathering information about private tours -vs- cruiseline tours. :)

My husband and I are taking our two daughters on the Golden Princess June 15, 2006 to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I also wondered how early I can begin booking tours and hotels. I have to wait for plane tickets until late July. My family won't discuss plans with me until we get back from Alaska in June. Heck, that trip was all planned many months ago. Europe sure does make Alaska look like a bargain.

Hey pvmkmyer, how old will your daughters be next June. Ours will be 9 and just shy of 12. I am excited to find someone on our cruise already. I have been waiting for someone to start a rollcall but maybe we need to do it. Are you going early or staying in Rome afterwards?

Renee

Hi Renee,

I think it's fabulous that you have everything planned. I would love to hear about your private tours.

Mari

Hi Mari,

After combing through the boards and reading all the recommendations I felt pretty confident in choosing drivers. There will be six in our party, which makes the prices more reasonable. For Vilefranche, I choose Michel Legrand with Revelation tours. Livorno, we choose Pappillon Service, to tour San Gimignano and Votera with a wine tasting/lunch also being arranged. My BIL is a wine collector so I thought this sounded like a nice relaxing day, since we have so many ports in a row. Rome, I choose Claudio with Limo in Rome, we will be doing the typical Roman sites. Naples, is with Salvotre, Drive Amalfi is his company. Sounds like we'll be doing Pompei and Amalfi coast with a traditional lunch at a local resteraunt. We plan on doing the rest of the ports on our own. Maybe rent a car on Santorini:confused: . Now I can relax until October, when We'll make flight and hotel reservations. Most of us will be able to use frequent flyer miles so want to book as early as possible. Have fun planning!

Renee

Mlaw: My daughters will be 20 and 22. We actually aren't deposited yet. Still debating but I think we're going to do this, even though it's alot of money for 4 people. But we have airline miles to use for the tickets over. We're planning both pre-cruise and post-cruise. Our daughters haven't seen Venice (the older one was 18 mo. the last time she was there). And Rome is our favorite city, so we'll stay for a few days afterwards.

Phil

We are booked on the Grand Princess for June 9, 2006. We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and wanted to do something we had never done before. Traveled to Europe 35 years ago, but never on a cruise.

Archived