DCL When to book?

SD449

Hi Everyone

I think we have finally picked our 1st Cruise :) looking at the Disney Magic sailing on 18th Jan 13

My question is when is the best time to book?

I have been told by friends 6 weeks before, but they have never sailed Disney

BUT DCL currently have a Kids Sail Free Offer with a £380 saving, I can;t find out when this offer ends though.

Please help

(I have also posted this on the 1st Timers page as I didn't know the best place to post, sorry if you have read it twice)

Hi Everyone

I think we have finally picked our 1st Cruise :) looking at the Disney Magic sailing on 18th Jan 13

My question is when is the best time to book?

I have been told by friends 6 weeks before, but they have never sailed Disney

BUT DCL currently have a Kids Sail Free Offer with a £380 saving, I can;t find out when this offer ends though.

Please help

(I have also posted this on the 1st Timers page as I didn't know the best place to post, sorry if you have read it twice)

When booking cruises, not just DCL, it's best to book as soon as you've decided to go. Prices for cruise tend to rise as the space fills, so the earlier bookings generally pay less for the same room booked later (closer to the cruise date).

If the cruise you are interested in is a KSF, go for it. They don't typically annouce when then end of such a discount is, it just stops being offered. So, if you wait, you may lose out.

:)

I agree with Shmoo,

book as soon as possible because the price will creep up a little each month.

Once you've booked go to the Roll Call thread and look for your cruise date and start posting there to meet others on your cruise.

If you don't see your date, then start a thread yourself and others will find you.

Its add alot to your cruise to meet others ahead of time and its a great way to get questions answered if someone there is a repeat cruiser.

Kathy

The week you have in mind typically is a slow period. There are deals to be had in the cruise industry in this time frame. Once the 60 day prior to sale date has passed those that pre-booked are locked in and paid in full and usually extra cabins become available as some-pre-booked bail out at the last second to avoid final payment. If your heart is set on Disney and flights are a consideration I would book soon, if you have back up ships families enjoy like NCL Epic or RCCL Allure and Oasis in mind, playing he waiting game might pay off.

I agree with all of the above. However, the January dates seem to be having some issues selling and discounts have been sprouting up, a little different week to week (for the Miami dates, I'm tracking since we're sailing then and there). I assume TX sailings are having similar issues filling.

Being kids sail free is the discount you are looking at, I'd jump on it right away. No future deal will beat that, I don't think. Especially if you have 2 or more kids coming along over the age of 3.

Archived