mia to fll port

wr813

You're coming in on a Thursday. The ride can take up to 60 minutes if there are no traffic problems. You may need to wait for a shuttle to arrive and then to drop off other passengers....Don't you think you are cutting it close? If your plane is late you'll miss the boat. If you can't get a flight that arrives in the morning you should fly in the day before.

That is cutting it close even if there are zero delays. You need to be checked in about 90 minutes prior to departure. Did you booked air with the cruiseline? Then take their transportation even if it is more expensive.

As stated before if you can't get an earlier flight can you fly in the day before? - we always do that and it makes for a less stressful start to our trip.

We have also had a short 15 minute delay getting the taxi through security at Port Everglades. The driver said it did happen on occasion.

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was close also but it is out of my hands. DW won a trip through a sales vendor(she runs a little league concession stand and we sell a lot of product) and everything is free. Free airfare, free transfers, OV cabin, premium drink package, prepaid gratuities. That is the airfare they gave us. On the upside, there are about 80 people in our group so hopefully everything works out. The 3 prior cruises we have been on, we always fly in a day early. Crossing my fingers...

I emailed the company that is taking care of our cruise. For $50 per person($100 total) we can fly in a day earlier directly to Miami. We now have to rent a hotel room but we would of had to in Madison WI the night before anyway. Just have to rent a car now but prices seem pretty cheap through Sixt car rental. Basically we get Air, Cruise, Open Bar package on Celebrity, transfer back to FLL for $100. Plus a night in Miami pre cruise!!

Sorry to threadjack guys but what are the shuttle options from MIA to Port Everglades? Thanks and sorry again

From MIA to Port Everglades your options are:

• A taxi for about $85+ :eek:
  • A one way rental car MIA to FLL
  • Shuttle service from American Shuttle, Go Airport Shuttle, and Quality Limo Service (QLS)
  • Limo service - Larry's Limos has been suggested often on these boards
  • If you have lots of time you could use the Tri-Rail system to get to FLL

As mentioned above, the smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in at least one day early to avoid flight delays/cancellations causing you to miss the ship. :eek:

Good luck! :)

Thank you!

I just finished booking my flights and will be landing in FLL after all, simpler for everyone!

From MIA to Port Everglades your options are:

• A taxi for about $85+ :eek:
  • A one way rental car MIA to FLL
  • Shuttle service from American Shuttle, Go Airport Shuttle, and Quality Limo Service (QLS)
  • Limo service - Larry's Limos has been suggested often on these boards
  • If you have lots of time you could use the Tri-Rail system to get to FLL

As mentioned above, the smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in at least one day early to avoid flight delays/cancellations causing you to miss the ship. :eek:

Good luck! :)

Archived