Chefs Table - Did you get a pre-visit?

twindaddy

I am booked for Chefs table on the Splendor, I have a few dietary requests.

I have heard the Chef or Matr'd visits you the night before to check-in on any special needs, or sometimes they dont?

For those of you who have done chefs table recently, did you get a pre-visit? Or tell me how you handled your special requests, did you email them?

Thanks!

The chef visited our table the night before - no easy task since we had anytime dining! They asked about allergies and took care to not only avoid shellfish for my husband, but also verified that all of the seafood dishes were okay for him to eat. Absolutely amazing experience!

just did the Pride and I confirmed and they asked if we had any food issues. no visit during dinner by anyone,but we had yourtime dinning, which was not good, but that must wait till I write my review. The Chefs table was great by the way.

We just did it two weeks ago on the Valor. We had anytime dining and had a visit from The Chef de Cuisine on our 2nd night at dinner. I am allergic to seafood and he was fabulous about making a different dish for me for every course that had seafood.

You will have a fantastic time!

We just did it two weeks ago on the Valor. We had anytime dining and had a visit from The Chef de Cuisine on our 2nd night at dinner. I am allergic to seafood and he was fabulous about making a different dish for me for every course that had seafood.

You will have a fantastic time!

Thanks everyone for checking in! Sounds like I should get a visit, we have regular dining so no issue with ATD.

I don't think I am allergic, I just hate the taste of....get this....chocolate. Cant stand it, so I was hoping they could make an alternate dessert, and have some diet coke nearby because I don't drink wine.

I am booked for Chefs table on the Splendor, I have a few dietary requests.

I have heard the Chef or Matr'd visits you the night before to check-in on any special needs, or sometimes they dont?

For those of you who have done chefs table recently, did you get a pre-visit? Or tell me how you handled your special requests, did you email them?

Thanks!

Quick question for you, how did you go about confirming before the cruise? I'm interested in booking for February and wanted to ensure we don't miss out.

Thanks everyone for checking in! Sounds like I should get a visit, we have regular dining so no issue with ATD.

I don't think I am allergic, I just hate the taste of....get this....chocolate. Cant stand it, so I was hoping they could make an alternate dessert, and have some diet coke nearby because I don't drink wine.

If you have special requests take the initiative and go to the steakhouse, or email them, letting them know your needs. Just in case they don't ask you. Just got off the pride and did not speak to anyone about special needs before the event. The lady sitting next to me at the dinner got a special non chocolate dessert that looked fabulous. I asked my DH if he wanted Diet Coke but he said he'd go with wine. And did he get wine?! He doesn't drink coffee and so he was offered even more wine at the coffee section of the meal. Too funny.

We loved the meal and the company we shared it with. We tried everything, even the raw ahi tuna which I didn't think I'd try. Low and behold, it was my favorite new taste. And four nights later the thought of it gave me the courage to try sushi. It was wonderful!

Have a great time!

Quick question for you, how did you go about confirming before the cruise? I'm interested in booking for February and wanted to ensure we don't miss out.

You can request through John Heald on his facebook page, or email the steakhouse of the ship you are sailing on.

We did the old menu when the chefs table first came out and it was awesome.Im sure you will have a great time.Im not a fan of wine either but when its included im in lol.If you like any certain dish make sure you ask the chef for the recipe(they will put the recipe under your cabin door) and bring a camera(they dont like you to take pictures in the galley but during dinner its fine,I took pictures of each course and asked the chef out of respect and he said it was perfectly fine

Did Chefs Table three times (Valor, Spirit & Breeze). They usually called a day or two before and asked about special dietary requests. On the Spirit a Matr'd came to the table and asked but we have never had the Chef come to the table. Great experience!! It was a bit different (format/layout/food) each time! Call the steak house with any questions or concerns before hand.

Really not necessary to bother JH

Pre-Cruise Reservation Procedures

· Prior to the cruise, guests can send an email to Group Event Planning at: groupeventplanning@carnival.com.

· The subject line should read “Chef’s Table Request” and the email should include the following information:

§ Names

§ Number of guests attending

§ Ship and Saildate

§ Booking Number and Cabin Number

· Group Event Planning will email the request to the specific ship Maitre d’.

· The Maitre d’ will respond directly to the guest if they are able to accommodate the request.

· Once onboard, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged.

Really not necessary to bother JH

Pre-Cruise Reservation Procedures

· Prior to the cruise, guests can send an email to Group Event Planning at: groupeventplanning@carnival.com.

· The subject line should read “Chef’s Table Request” and the email should include the following information:

§ Names

§ Number of guests attending

§ Ship and Saildate

§ Booking Number and Cabin Number

· Group Event Planning will email the request to the specific ship Maitre d’.

· The Maitre d’ will respond directly to the guest if they are able to accommodate the request.

· Once onboard, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged.

Thank you, I'll email them this evening!

:confused: Did you really do that? With the number of posts you have, I'd assume you knew the drill on how to make a Chef's Table reservation. Or are you just pushing Carnival CC posters' buttons?

Based on posts lol.How can you assume one knows how to make a reservation if its their first time.Why not make it easy and on the website actually be able to book the chefs table and not make it a guessing game.That would be too easy for Carnival

Under the "Ask John" section you can request Chef's Table, it is not actually bothering John directly, it is just a convenient location for those who follow his blog to be able to make requests without needing to leave his blog for another website. I got a response from my request the next day from the Steakhouse Manager.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john/

I am glad to know that i am not the only person who does not eat seafood, it is nice that they were able to make substitutions, i would not have expected that, very nice.

We just got off the Splendor on Sunday. Our dinner was Tuesday 11/6/12. Kamlesh (head chef of the Splendor) did come by and visit our table the night before the dinner to ask if we had any food allergies.

What time did it start and end? Trying to figure out if my girls can survive in the kids club that long...if not either the wife or I will have to skip

Just did the CT on the Spirit. Had to be in the lobby bar at 6.00pm and it ended after 8.30pm.

I got a visit from the chef (Daniel) . I don't like fish but do eat prawns, calamari crab lobster.

There were 2 fish dishes Ad i was given something different.

Ate things that I had never tried before.

The meal was yummy and the whole thing was a great experience.

You can reserve the Chef's Table by e-mailing the steakhouse. Just use the steakhouse reservation link on the Carnival website. Just write in the notes that you want to reserve the Chef's Table. You should receive an e-mail confirmation within the week. You don't need to e-mail John Heald, unless you really want to e-mail him.

You will receive a letter in your stateroom. It'll instruct you to call and confirm your reservation, and that is when you can inform them of any allergies or dietary restrictions. No, the chef did not visit us the night before, since we had provided the information on the first day of sailing.

I'm not sure how fast it books up but they were advertising spots at the Chef's Table throughout our entire March Spring Break sailing. During the week, you could either call the steakhouse to reserve, or reserve through the TV. If it's something that you absolutely have plan, then reserve early but it seemed like you also had the option of reserving on the ship.

Archived