Star Princess E207

san diego sue

Have just been assigned my Balcony guarantee cabin on The Star Princess. It is one of those balconies where the staircase from Promenade

Deck comes up and people walk by( I think below but not sure). I remember seeing this once and thought it was odd having balconies there on Emerald deck.

Anyone have photos of how this actually looks. It does appear as though the balcony is a bit larger than ones on Baja .

Anyone remember if these are covered?

I don't think I can change balconies since the ship is sold out for months and we sail in a couple of weeks. I am not unhappy since I booked a guarantee and that is really the luck of the draw. Had no choice when we booked, all that was available were guarantees. I emailed my travel agent but haven't heard back yet.

Am so disappointed that no one has any information for me regarding this cabin. We will be in this cabin for 30 days.

Haven't heard back from my travel agent. She is one that lots of CC members use. She is busy but no excuse. Lately I have been dealing with Princess direct on a few cruises. I have found I am getting better service, easy to switch cabins, price adjustments. In other words, I prefer the control and will do that in the future.

There are no other cabins in that category besides those overlooking the Promenade, so there's nothing you can switch to without spending more to upgrade. If you didn't want to be stuck in that cabin for 30 days, why did you book that category, even on a guarantee? Not sure what you want your TA to do. Meanwhile, it's after business hours and yet you're aggravated because your TA hasn't called you back? After only a little over an hour and a half? She's "busy but that's no excuse"? Wow.

I was going to search for that photo I know someone has posted, but I'm sure it would take me too long and I didn't want you to throw me under the bus, too. Although I could keep your TA company under there, I guess.

I have pictures of those cabins from the Promenade deck here is a link, but it is on facebook

there are also lots of other shots of the Star and Hawaii too, we were on here for 30 days and loved it. You can also check out my blog for more shots of the ship, spent 30 days on here doing South America, then another 30 days this fall doing Mexico and Hawaii.

It is a good cabin, sure people will walk by during the day but you are not exposed to the elements, it is quiet in the evening as they usually close off the forward section of the promenade

Thank you so much Vickie. It does look fine to me. Really appreciate your responding and assuring me. We are going to SA. I love taking photos especially in the early morning, and was worried the view would be obstructed. Glad to see it will be okay. We have been on the Star before and love the ship.

I won't be bothered by people walking by. Looks like no one will be able to look into cabin, that was my concern. By the way I am a friend of Pia's. I know you recently cruised with her. I really enjoyed your blog.:D

Rdsqrl , not only are you nasty, but you can't read.

I originally posted that I emailed my travel agent this morning and got no response.I also said that when I booked , the only cabins available were to book guarantee balcony which I did. Normally with a longer cruise, I do pay for and pick the category I prefer.

You are the reason why people are hating to post and ask questions on Cruise Critic, you are plain rude. I hope you never show up on any of my roll calls .

Thank you so much Vickie. It does look fine to me. Really appreciate your responding and assuring me. We are going to SA. I love taking photos especially in the early morning, and was worried the view would be obstructed. Glad to see it will be okay. We have been on the Star before and love the ship.

I won't be bothered by people walking by. Looks like no one will be able to look into cabin, that was my concern. By the way I am a friend of Pia's. I know you recently cruised with her. I really enjoyed your blog.:D

It will be a great cabin for South America, one thing we found when we did it was it was so hot out there on the balcony (not so much when going around the horn, but definately when we were closer to the equator) and I think your cabin being covered will be a great and cooler spot.

The one downside is that you can't see directly down to the water. One perk of looking directly down is you can possibly spot turtles, for which we did numerous times. But hey no biggie and I wouldn't change cabins for that.

enjoy

Rdsqrl , not only are you nasty, but you can't read.

I originally posted that I emailed my travel agent this morning and got no response.I also said that when I booked , the only cabins available were to book guarantee balcony which I did. Normally with a longer cruise, I do pay for and pick the category I prefer.

You are the reason why people are hating to post and ask questions on Cruise Critic, you are plain rude. I hope you never show up on any of my roll calls .

Gloria,

It does look like a good cabin, you'll have to keep us posted.

OP needs to get a life!

We have stayed in this cabin on several ships, always requesting it. We obviously love it. It is a large, covered balcony, which you should find to be very enjoyable. The covered balcony allows you to sit out in any weather. Have a great cruise!

Sue

Hi G, I think a friend of ours stayed in one of those and it was on the Star for and SA cruise. It was a nice enough cabin. I do believe the balcony is fully covered as it is right below Dolphin. I think you will be happy with it. When are you going? I loved our SA cruise.

CTGIRL,

We are starting out in San Francisco and ending in Buenos Aires.

30 day cruise and we are excited.(Next month)

Wish we could sail with you and Lance again.

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale end of January and board the Caribbean Princess for one week January 26th. Any chance you can sail then?

:D

CTGIRL,

We are starting out in San Francisco and ending in Buenos Aires.

30 day cruise and we are excited.(Next month)

Wish we could sail with you and Lance again.

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale end of January and board the Caribbean Princess for one week January 26th. Any chance you can sail then?

:D

Your cruise sounds wonderful. I love Buenos Aires, just watch out fo pick poockets. Enjoy!!

I don't know if we can sail in January but there is a good chance we will be in Florida then. Maybe we can hook up.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived