UNHAPPY! and we haven't even left yet!

ilovhywd

Celebrity allows smoking on the Veranda....and we've experienced that too...someone next to or in front of or below us smoking, and the wind carrying it to our balcony...which chased us back inside.

Celebrity banned verandah and cabin smoking on October 1, 2008, so if someone smoked on their verandah, they should be reported. They will, at a minimum, be fined $250 for smoking on any verandah or in any cabin.

We sailed with HAL in September and you could smoke in cabins' date=' verandahs...one of the reasons we have booked more sailings with Oceania. It is so nice to sit on the verandah and not have to even think about smoke coming from some direction. On HAL is was strickly luck of the draw.[/quote']

According to HAL website, you cannot smoke inside staterooms. You can smoke on verandas though. Some other changes happening in 2013.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=General+Information#

Still too much for my liking though!

According to HAL website, you cannot smoke inside staterooms. You can smoke on verandas though. Some other changes happening in 2013.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=General+Information#

Still too much for my liking though!

What a small change...nothing that could entice an non-smoker who abhors others smoke to get on board.:mad:

PH3, in my opinion is better than PH1 or 2, because it is on a lower floor, and hence you don't see as much of the large overhang. If you want shade, the overhang is a plus, if you want sun, it's good to be a deck lower.

And yes, prices are all over the map. Sometimes you win, some times others win. Such is life. And I think it is a good practice that we don't post how much we paid, it would just create a bunch of unnecessary bad feelings. So just follow the unspoken rule of cruising, don't ask fellow passengers what they paid.

Carsten

Archived