Regarding breakfast onboard...

reginaphalange

Hopefully, having a cabin on the Lido will help keep our hot food hot!

By the way, why is a robe and p.j.'s disgusting! Have you seen some of the bathing suits people wear? Even with a skimpy cover-up, some don't leave much to the imagination:rolleyes: At least a bathrobe keeps things covered!

Really? I think that's disgusting. In my dozen or so cruises on Celebrity, HAL and Princess, I think I have only seen one man at the buffet in his robe (flopping open) robe. Granted, I don't eat too many breakfasts at the buffet.
Welcome to Carnival, where the average buffet wardrobe makes the "People of Walmart" photo gallery look positively elegant. :rolleyes:

I have never taken food back from the MDR, but a man got sick one day at lunch and had to leave the table. After he left his wife asked if she could take his food since it was delivered before he left and she was told " No food can leave the DR." I thought that was terrible.

We always go to the Buffet for breakfast and carry it back to the room to eat in the room or on the balcony. Also, have enjoyed going and getting pizza during the day and taking it to the sports bar to enjoy while watching football. Carnival staff is always very accommodating whether it is room stewards or buffet staff.

On Costa you can order a nice hot breakfast for €5 per person (no tips needed on costa). You can order anything and as much as you want from the menu, comparable to the breakfast menu in Carnival's dining room. Even the fresh squeezed juices were included, we ordered three per person of those everyday. Not a fan of paid room service, but we thought it was well worth it. I think they offer it for free for Premium Cabins and for their Pearl members, comparable to Diamond status. It would be nice if they offered something similar on Carnival.

Really? I think that's disgusting.

In my dozen or so cruises on Celebrity, HAL and Princess,

I think I have only seen one man at the buffet in his robe (flopping open) robe.

Granted, I don't eat too many breakfasts at the buffet.

I agree! ..Quite tasteless

-but then that's why Carnival is rapidly becoming The WalMart of the cruise industry! :cool:

If it gets much worse, I'll be switching brands to escape Les Miserables entirely

and going with a cruise line that caters to slightly more cultured people

who don't carry food into the show lounge (of all places)

or into the comedy club. :eek:

I quickly learned to avoid the trough named Lido

and always have breakfast and dinner in the dining room

where behavioural standards are generally much better!

No apologies for sounding snobby, btw.. ;)

Archived