What is your favorite cruise drink?

lisa431965

As was previously answered in this thread, a Chi Chi is vodka, pineapple juice and cream of coconut. A Dark & Stormy is Gosling's Black Seal Rum poured over ginger beer. Ginger Beer is not really beer, it's a strong variation of ginger ale that is originally from Bermuda.

Thanks, I brain farted and skimmed right over the ingredients of the ChiChi.

I would like to thank all the posters here for making me want the awesome bar package even more now and how upset I will be if it is not available for my sailing. I am going to have to make of list of some of these drinks to try. I also now realize now little I know about drinks.:mad: Going to have to save some extra to keep trying new ones.

I would like to thank all the posters here for making me want the awesome bar package even more now and how upset I will be if it is not available for my sailing. I am going to have to make of list of some of these drinks to try. I also now realize now little I know about drinks.:mad: Going to have to save some extra to keep trying new ones.

Hopefully it'll be on the Dream when you sail on her in 6 months. We'll be getting the package on our January sailing on the Breeze and after checking out the bar menus from the Blue Iguana, the Red Frog Rum Bar, the Red Frog Pub and the Punchliners Lounge.......I have a checklist of 20 different concoctions that I am going to try. Since it's a 6 day cruise, that'll give me 4 + days to hone in on what I really like. :D

Are there drink menus available around the ship? I like trying new drinks, but I can never come up with any ideas on my own.

There are drink menus available. Also, any ships with the upgrade and new bars (Red Frog Pub, Tequila bar, rum bar, Alchemy, etc.) have drink menus posted online with some "new" selections that sound outstanding!:D

Chi-Chi

vodka,pineapple juice and cream of coconut. Delish...:)

Yum sounds great.

I like the funship special and miami vice (haven't tried it on Carnival though). My fav is the Kiss on the Lips. I plan to try the chocolate one too (choc getaway I think). Did not like the Yellow Bird. yuck. Last cruise I meant to try a few more, but discovered the kiss on the lips and that was it. At dinner it was usually a sweet white wine, like sparkling wine or moscato.

I had some drinks at the farewell party :( and either at our group cocktail party or at past guest party :( that I liked (at first but after a couple I started getting sick). They came in yellow and red were kind of foamy on top and were very much like a sweet tart. It definitely had sweet and sour and maybe sprite. The yellow one was more lemony and the red was either punch or strawberry flavors. Any ideas what these were?

I had some drinks at the farewell party :( and either at our group cocktail party or at past guest party :( that I liked (at first but after a couple I started getting sick). They came in yellow and red were kind of foamy on top and were very much like a sweet tart. It definitely had sweet and sour and maybe sprite. The yellow one was more lemony and the red was either punch or strawberry flavors. Any ideas what these were?

If the yellow one came in a slender glass, it was a whiskey sour. The red one was probably rum punch with a slight possibility to a non frozen strawberry daiquri.

If the yellow one came in a slender glass, it was a whiskey sour. The red one was probably rum punch with a slight possibility to a non frozen strawberry daiquri.

You are probably right. I am surprised about whiskey sour though because the smell of whiskey is nasty so I don't drink it. But I think they are heavier on the sour, hence getting bad indigestion/sick after a couple.

Just an idea, when you list your drinks list what's in them for those of us that might not know. What is a ChiChi and Dark and Stormy? Love hearing these new drink ideas. It's hard for me to get away from Bloody Mary's and Jack and water.

Am sorry, Dark & Stormy popular drink in Bermuda. Though have never been there. Goslings Ginger Beer & Goslings Black Seal Rum. CCL dosen't have the ginger beer so just have it with ginger ale. For me, better than a bloody mary in the am.

Which Carnival ship were you on that served this? I know they have the Gosling's Black Seal Rum, but I did not know about the ginger beer.

On CCL drink with ginger ale, probably just as good. NCL & X has the Goslings Ginger Beer. Maybe other lines as well.

• 2 months later...

Archived