La Reserve question

sgtpreston

I called the Oceania 1-800 number to enquire about booking an evening for a small group (6 guests) on our upcoming Sydney to Papeete cruise in March. I called because the website only indicated 2 days were available...March 15th the day we depart Sydney and March 27th. The person I spoke with advised that La Reserve was only showing as being available for 3 nights during the cruise and one night was already fully booked. Does this sound right..?? Would La Reserve only be available for three nights on a 25 day cruise? Perhaps they only open La Reserve reservations closer to embarkation day?? Thanks for any assistance...

I called the Oceania 1-800 number to enquire about booking an evening for a small group (6 guests) on our upcoming Sydney to Papeete cruise in March. I called because the website only indicated 2 days were available...March 15th the day we depart Sydney and March 27th. The person I spoke with advised that La Reserve was only showing as being available for 3 nights during the cruise and one night was already fully booked. Does this sound right..?? Would La Reserve only be available for three nights on a 25 day cruise? Perhaps they only open La Reserve reservations closer to embarkation day?? Thanks for any assistance...

Up until now La Reserve has only been used sporadically (as you describe), but the wheels are supposedly in motion to change that and use the space on nearly every evening.

If past experience is any indication of future performance, Oceania will wait until the additional staffing and supply chain are fully in place before giving any more specifics.

Until then, I'd suggest grabbing one of the available evenings for your Party, and hope that additional dates are added as we get closer in (there isn't any penalty for switching nights or even cancelling before the cruise begins).

Enjoy your cruise~

Thanks JimandStan! Appreciate your quick response. We'll make the reservations as you suggest and monitor the website to see if any additional dates are added. We most certainly will enjoy this cruise as we have all the other cruises on Oceania. Great company who know how to do things right.

This is from "the Boss"

Official answer...

As requested, please find the booking policy for La Reserve below:

1. Inventory is currently open on all remaining 2012 voyages and all voyages through November of 2013.

2. La Reserve is open on all nights of the voyage except on the evenings of embarkation and debarkation, this applies to all voyages regardless of length.

3. Initially three evenings are made available on each voyage for pre-booking, each evening represents one of the three menus that are offered. Once an evening is fully booked another evening is made available for pre-booking. This is done to ensure that we do not have any partially booked evenings.

4. On a typical voyage, we open evenings for pre-reservations at the beginning, middle and end of the voyage.

5. Any inventory that is not sold shore-side is sold onboard.

If there is a group that is interested in buying out the venue the Group Department comes to Hotel Operation to verify that they can open the evening up for a group. Since the introduction of Marina we have been able to accommodate all groups which have requested the venue, some not on the night requested but at the end they have been accommodated.

Jancruz1

This is from "the Boss"

Official answer...

As requested, please find the booking policy for La Reserve below:

Sounds like the BOSS need to send the memo to the res dept ;)

Another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing ;)

I did mention that I thought it strange to have so few nights set aside for La Reserve on a 25 day cruise. She agreed with me but from our conversation it was obvious that she wasn't aware of the policy as explained by Jancruz. There was no mention of the opening of additional nights as bookings filled. Just one of those things that she may not have been aware of. They did initially have 3 nights open and 1 was fully booked. I understand from the 'policy' that they should then be opening another shortly for pre-booking opportunities. I'll keep checking to see if that has happened and if it hasn't I may give them a call again. As a side note to this, I have only had occasion to call the 1-800 number a couple of times and on both occasions was pleasantly surprised at being able to speak with someone almost instantly. :)

I did mention that I thought it strange to have so few nights set aside for La Reserve on a 25 day cruise. She agreed with me but from our conversation it was obvious that she wasn't aware of the policy as explained by Jancruz. There was no mention of the opening of additional nights as bookings filled. Just one of those things that she may not have been aware of. They did initially have 3 nights open and 1 was fully booked. I understand from the 'policy' that they should then be opening another shortly for pre-booking opportunities. I'll keep checking to see if that has happened and if it hasn't I may give them a call again. As a side note to this, I have only had occasion to call the 1-800 number a couple of times and on both occasions was pleasantly surprised at being able to speak with someone almost instantly. :)

According to my email they only set aside 3 nites on every cruise..so that doe not surprise me..truthfully it didnt surprise me the agent was not aware of the policy..the agents are on overload with what they have to know..if you have questions down the line on La Reserve ask for a supervisor..

Jancruz1

Archived